2023 Trey Wilson, 4 star DL, Garland TX

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium

Visited today. Was really impressed and has Miami in the thick of his recruitment. Plans a return trip. He didn't expect it to be so nice; mentioned that people had said it was "run down". He didn't find the facilities bad at all. Said Mario showed him all the plans for the new locker room , etc. (starting in June, btw) He was thoroughly impressed.

Advertisement
“That whole room, Jason Taylor, [Joe] Salave’a, [Todd Stroud], and Coach Wright, it’s insane,” the rising senior said. “You look around the country, its not a better d-line coaching room than that across the board. Basically, there’s no way you don’t leave Miami a better player. There’s always someone to help you and critique you. Usually it’s one guy and they have an assistant or something, but at Miami you have four people who have been coaching at a high level, three of them who played at a super high level. It just makes it ten times better.”

6’3 230lbs 3-star DE out of Garland TX, goes to 6A school Lakeview Centennial

Dual sport athlete that plays both Football & Basketball, was named 1st team All-district last season for Texas 6A.

He’s a strong versatile lineman that plays both Strong side & Weakside, in 7/8/9-tech. He displays good first step burst & is a very disciplined rusher, rarely does he ever over-pursue. He understands how to attack OT’s leverage while engaging & pushing into the backfield, @1:42 on his hudl he did a phenomenal job pressing the OT with initial two-hand punch, he gets into his upper chest forcing the OT to reel back & inadvertently raise his arms to stabilize the oncoming rusher but then uses an underneath club & swipe move to completely destabilize the OL displacing his hands & freeing him from the block, shock & shed technique to get to the QB.

@:52 showed great motor in pursuit not giving up on the play when he was its ally blocked, but kept his eyes on the QB & continued to attack on the play.

He’s an athletic converted TE/WR who plays full time DE now, plays with good gap discipline in run contain & makes several plays in pursuit on the backside against the run. Polished pass rusher with already advanced technical skills as a DE, good upside prospect that can be a 4 year contributor & has physical frame to be a 260+ Strong Side rusher.

Played on the same team with 2022 5-star RB Camar Wheaton at Lakeview.

Advertisement
“That whole room, Jason Taylor, [Joe] Salave’a, [Todd Stroud], and Coach Wright, it’s insane,” the rising senior said. “You look around the country, its not a better d-line coaching room than that across the board. Basically, there’s no way you don’t leave Miami a better player. There’s always someone to help you and critique you. Usually it’s one guy and they have an assistant or something, but at Miami you have four people who have been coaching at a high level, three of them who played at a super high level. It just makes it ten times better.”
This was mario’s goal of bringing in 4 Dline coaches

Hope we push. We need at least 3 DE’s, he fits the mold and plays the run equally well. Starting to get a sour feeling on Wayne (Bama).
Will Bama drop a competitive bag though? I know we will. (it will come down to that if you ask me, which you didnt but still...lol).

I think gone are the days where Bama gets every kid they want just based on the national titles, NFL pedigree, and winning culture. Thats great and all but wheres the $$$$$$$$$? TAMU proved that.

This is tangible change. Mario said he wanted 4 DL coaches. Probably 4 on the OL as well. We got 3 DB coaches, Ed, DVD and Addai. Boy we cooking. If yall think that don't translate on the trail. Forget what happen before kids don't care about that. They care about now.

Will Bama drop a competitive bag though? I know we will. (it will come down to that if you ask me, which you didnt but still...lol).

I think gone are the days where Bama gets every kid they want just based on the national titles, NFL pedigree, and winning culture. Thats great and all but wheres the $$$$$$$$$? TAMU proved that.
I think Bama learned a lesson last year, and Saban isn’t one that doesn’t heed those lessons.

Advertisement
Hope we push. We need at least 3 DE’s, he fits the mold and plays the run equally well. Starting to get a sour feeling on Wayne (Bama).
I think we take atleast 4,maybe 5. The parts of the team that needs to be fixed are OL and DL. Everything else evolves from there. Mario and Mirabal will fix that OL. The chopping wood is on the DL cause we are battling SEC schools for pratically everyone we after, except Bain. Im strong on Bain and M'pemba, then we want Wayne and Hicks. Not to mention the other lower rated guys who are high caliber players like the guy from Winter Park i wanna say and others.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back