Trey Mourning

I'm guessing he ends up at Georgetown. Over the past couple of months John Thompson Jr and Sr have been to multiple games of Mourning. I see him either getting an offer from them or walking on up there.

I think the bigger point that should be made is how hard are we going after Zach Brown from Miami Beach. Kid is a 7 foot freshman who has led Miami Beach to I think their first playoff win since the 60's. I've heard this kid is the real deal from numerous people. He's farther along in his development than Jekiri was even as a senior. This is the type of player that Coach L needs to get on early for multiple reasons (size, local kid, and a great player).

Advertisement
I think the bigger point that should be made is how hard are we going after Zach Brown from Miami Beach. Kid is a 7 foot freshman who has led Miami Beach to I think their first playoff win since the 60's. I've heard this kid is the real deal from numerous people. He's farther along in his development than Jekiri was even as a senior. This is the type of player that Coach L needs to get on early for multiple reasons (size, local kid, and a great player).

I am sure we are on him hard, but he's a 2017, and he's also already 16 years old and there are whispers about grade/discipline issues.

We definitely need an experienced big man for next years team.

Yeah but like Josh said Mourning isn't the answer. It's going to have to be a 5th year guy or bust. It's almost too late in the process to sign a quality player for this class with that last scholarship and it will have better use next year with a stacked South Florida senior class and only 1 other scholarship available.

I have a feeling this is going to be a kid that we will regret not offering down the road.

Everyone matures at a different pace. This kid still has a baby face. Give it 2-3 years and he could be a monster because he will continue to get bigger (he has the genes for it).

Advertisement
http://georgetown.247sports.com/Bolt/Trey-Mourning-Heading-To-Georgetown-28433276

"Per his Twitter page, 2014 Ransom Everglades School (FL) PF Trey Mourning will attend Georgetown University this fall. "

29.jpg

Advertisement
Ransom does not play 1A.

They're in 4A

Yup, FWIW, they played a school where my friend is the HC. Ransom was losing all game and Trey had a big 4th to win the game for them (big game overall 40+) but he was the biggest guy on the floor by a good margin. My friend lost all his height off of last season's team and their tallest players were 6'5" (even though he had a few guys that height). He ended up having to use a wing to guard him but they had no one who could stop him. He did say that the way Trey plays, he was going to have trouble without having a big height advantage. I think his highlight from that game are on youtube, I'll check.

Opposing team's highlights (to see Trey not at his finest):

[video=youtube;5qIEtle-TvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qIEtle-TvE&list=UUbP53adWJW0BvESOwyLOQog[/video]

Mourning's highlights from the game:

[video=youtube;td9Kke5xUOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td9Kke5xUOI[/video]

Does the PA's voice sound familiar?

The impressive highlights are from the game against Gulliver. He went ape**** against them in the 4th quarter, beating them all by himself (highlights are on the first page of this thread). Ransom was very good 2 years ago, with Singer, who is at Cal, and 2 other guys who are playing D-II or D-III, but this year they were a pretty bad team. The only reason they won the district and made the 2nd round of the playoffs was because of Mourning. He also dominated our football team's Demetrius Jackson when they played Booker T. Oh well, I guess we can close this thread as he's headed to G-Town.

Advertisement
I personally think we should've offered him. It doesn't even seem like we tried too hard on him. We need good big men and even though he maybe couldn't contribute right away, I feel like he'd be a stud down the road for sure. Oh well.... I guess we still gotta keep our fingers crossed that we can find another big guy before this upcoming season starts.

Advertisement
Back