MLB Trevor Bauer - no, we don’t have to believe women EVERY time

OriginalCanesCanesCanes

All-ACC (#1 most reproted porster on CIS)

Ladies and Gentlemen, if you have a few minutes about 5 minutes, I suggest you watch this.

What happened to this professional athlete is an outrage.

You know that probably no one believed him at first. I’m not a sexual assault denier, obviously sexual assaults happen, but there are also women out there, looking to get paid whether you are a professional athlete, or a successful business person.

He really nailed her with that metadata time/date stamped video that he put up.

If it was me, I would not have settled the lawsuit, and I would’ve wanted her prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It’s absurd that you could make false charges, and nothing hardly ever happens at all.

Advertisement
Give her the full consequences he would've received had it been true. But that'll never happen.
Sue the MLB + Dodgers for wages lost

I completely agree, but I also know, like you, that’ll never happen.

I understand why he just finally accepted the 0/0 settlement, years of being slandered must have worn him down.

I just wish somehow she would meet with justice. Because what was done to this guy was criminal. Short of violence, or killing him, there’s nothing worse that can happen to a young man like this. And believe me, he’s not the only one. His reputation is ****ed, his income has been affected, and where do you go to get your reputation back?

I appreciate he and his legal team clearly fought to have the resolution permit him to publicly discuss the cases and settlement terms. It is important to protect actual victims of sexual assault, but it is also critical that we expose people who perpetrate these sort of fraudulent assault cases. Frankly, I wish prosecutors would file charges like perjury, false report of a crime, and potentially criminal conspiracy (where multiple people are involved) in these instances. Unfortunately, the first two are just misdemeanors in Florida, so there is little incentive to actually push those cases. But, I'd argue that's a short-sighted view.

Not only is this sort of conduct terrible for victims like Trevor Bauer, but these cases also have the consequence of feeding the false narrative that men in certain demographics (e.g., attractive, powerful, wealthy, famous, etc...) do not perpetrate sexual assault, which some of these "sexual assault deniers" believe. So when somebody is actually sexually assaulted by one of these rich/famous/powerful people, the public is more skeptical because these opportunistic, predatory women do exist (and there is apparently little effort to punish them).

Advertisement
I appreciate he and his legal team clearly fought to have the resolution permit him to publicly discuss the cases and settlement terms. It is important to protect actual victims of sexual assault, but it is also critical that we expose people who perpetrate these sort of fraudulent assault cases. Frankly, I wish prosecutors would file charges like perjury, false report of a crime, and potentially criminal conspiracy (where multiple people are involved) in these instances. Unfortunately, the first two are just misdemeanors in Florida, so there is little incentive to actually push those cases. But, I'd argue that's a short-sighted view.

Not only is this sort of conduct terrible for victims like Trevor Bauer, but these cases also have the consequence of feeding the false narrative that men in certain demographics (e.g., attractive, powerful, wealthy, famous, etc...) do not perpetrate sexual assault, which some of these "sexual assault deniers" believe. So when somebody is actually sexually assaulted by one of these rich/famous/powerful people, the public is more skeptical because these opportunistic, predatory women do exist (and there is apparently little effort to punish them).

Of course, men that are powerful, whether in the business world, or in the professional sports world, commit sexual assaults.

What percentage of these accusations are actually true, or end up being money grabs, is unknown.

But when it comes to people that have assets to be pilfered, I don’t think the false accusations are a negligible number. Because those are exactly the type of people that are going to get fleeced in this way. I’m not saying it’s a majority of the accusations, even versus the rich/famous/powerful, obviously not, but I think it’s a more significant number than anyone might conclude.

If I were a professional athlete or a very successful high profile business person with obvious significant assets, I would be extremely careful.

I can tell you that as a business person, I always control the situations that could sometime in the future be used against me. That sounds paranoid, but it isn’t.

For example, at one time I had to conduct a lot of entry-level interviews. At that time it was common to interview in a hotel room, as this was the most efficient and cost-effective and time effective way to conduct multiple interviews over a period of days as you travel.

Of course, I would always make sure to book a suite with a separate living and sleeping area. The interviews were held with the outer door propped open, the bedroom door closed, and I would always tip the bell person, and ask them to come towards the end of the interview to refresh the coffee or danish or whatever I had on the living room ****tail table. if a separate meeting room was available, I would book that instead, but that wasn’t always possible.

To this day, and this was like about 15 years ago, or longer ago, I think about that even with these precautions I could’ve gotten screwed.

If I had that position today, as unprofessional as it might seem, I would probably conduct the interviews in a quiet corner of the lobby.

As an aside, I can’t tell you that as I progressed upwards within the corporation, how many times women within the company would make advances towards me, and knowing I was married, it was flattering, but it had less to do with my attractiveness (or lack thereof) and charm, and more to do with the aphrodisiac nature of power to some. Can’t lie and say it wasn’t tempting, but as my father reiterated the common expression: don’t **** where you eat. Oh, that is so true. Obviously, I never took advantage of any of these “opportunities“. I valued my role as a provider, and obviously it would’ve been wrong anyway.

Last edited:
Of course, men that are powerful, whether in the business world, or in the professional sports world, commit sexual assaults.

What percentage of these accusations are actually true, or end up being money grabs, is unknown.

But when it comes to people that have assets to be pilfered, I don’t think the false accusations are a negligible number. Because those are exactly the type of people that are going to get fleeced in this way. I’m not saying it’s a majority of the accusations, even versus the rich/famous/powerful, obviously not, but I think it’s a more significant number than anyone might conclude.

If I were a professional athlete or a very successful high profile business person with obvious significant assets, I would be extremely careful.

I can tell you that as a business person, I always control the situations that could sometime in the future be used against me. That sounds paranoid, but it isn’t.

For example, at one time I had to conduct a lot of entry-level interviews. At that time it was common to interview in a hotel room, as this was the most efficient and cost-effective and time effective way to conduct multiple interviews over a period of days as you travel.

Of course, I would always make sure to book a suite with a separate living and sleeping area. The interviews were held with the outer door propped open, the bedroom door closed, and I would always tip the bell person, and ask them to come towards the end of the interview to refresh the coffee or danish or whatever I had on the living room ****tail table. if a separate meeting room was available, I would book that instead, but that wasn’t always possible.

To this day, and this was like about 15 years ago, or longer ago, I think about that even with these precautions I could’ve gotten screwed.

If I had that position today, as unprofessional as it might seem, I would probably conduct the interviews in a quiet corner of the lobby.

As an aside, I can’t tell you that as I progressed upwards within the corporation, how many times women within the company would make advances towards me, and knowing I was married, it was flattering, but it had less to do with my attractiveness (or lack thereof) and charm, and more to do with the aphrodisiac nature of power to some. Can’t lie and say it wasn’t tempting, but as my father reiterated the common expression: don’t **** where you eat. Oh, that is so true. Obviously, I never took advantage of any of these “opportunities“. I valued my role as a provider, and obviously it would’ve been wrong anyway.

Of course. And you were wise to protect yourself that way. A large portion of my practice is in employment law, so trust that I have seen some interesting accusations related to purported sexual harassment that often turned out to be exaggerated or outright contrived. Often I have had sufficient evidence to push back the case, but sometimes I did not. Not because the accused did anything wrong, mind you, but the person was either gullible, too trusting, or fell to temptation while "believing lie."

The more someone has, the more can be taken from them, the greater the incentive for others to take from them, and so the bigger the target on their backs to such opportunistic, immoral individuals. Like you, I suspect it is a non-negligible number of people perpetrating these crimes against rich/famous/powerful targets (like professional athletes).

IMO, that is all the more reason to actually prosecute people who perpetrate these frauds. Prosecuting these crimes to the full extent of the law would (at least somewhat) disincentivize people from the conduct, while simultaneously providing more credence to the legitimate claims because of the (now real) risk of incarceration for pursuing/creating a fraudulent claim. So not only would it prevent some people from being victims of these fraudulent claims in the first place, but it would probably make it easier to prosecute the real sexual assault cases.

Not really on point, but there is a passing similarity to something like filing a fraudulent homeowners' insurance claim after a hurricane or wind storm. Even if found out, it is unlikely to get investigated by the authorities, but there's always a chance the insurance company will miss the fraud and pay you something, and so there is little disincentive to keep unscrupulous individuals from filing such claims. Of course, when all of our premiums go up the following year, society at large suffers for the want of criminal prosecution.

Of course. And you were wise to protect yourself that way. A large portion of my practice is in employment law, so trust that I have seen some interesting accusations related to purported sexual harassment that often turned out to be exaggerated or outright contrived. Often I have had sufficient evidence to push back the case, but sometimes I did not. Not because the accused did anything wrong, mind you, but the person was either gullible, too trusting, or fell to temptation while "believing lie."

The more someone has, the more can be taken from them, the greater the incentive for others to take from them, and so the bigger the target on their backs to such opportunistic, immoral individuals. Like you, I suspect it is a non-negligible number of people perpetrating these crimes against rich/famous/powerful targets (like professional athletes).

IMO, that is all the more reason to actually prosecute people who perpetrate these frauds. Prosecuting these crimes to the full extent of the law would (at least somewhat) disincentivize people from the conduct, while simultaneously providing more credence to the legitimate claims because of the (now real) risk of incarceration for pursuing/creating a fraudulent claim. So not only would it prevent some people from being victims of these fraudulent claims in the first place, but it would probably make it easier to prosecute the real sexual assault cases.

Not really on point, but there is a passing similarity to something like filing a fraudulent homeowners' insurance claim after a hurricane or wind storm. Even if found out, it is unlikely to get investigated by the authorities, but there's always a chance the insurance company will miss the fraud and pay you something, and so there is little disincentive to keep unscrupulous individuals from filing such claims. Of course, when all of our premiums go up the following year, society at large suffers for the want of criminal prosecution.

Appreciate the response. Can’t find a single thing to disagree with. And you’re 100% correct about homeowners insurance fraud. I’m feeling it myself. I’m paying so much more now than I used to. Not only that, I had to go with the insurer of last resort in Florida, citizens. And about the first $25,000 deductible (might actually be more, but it’s definitely under 30,000 ) if I get flattened, is 100% on me.

Advertisement
The accuser Lindsay hill went to my high school, she was 2 grades younger than me I was in her brother's class.....her dad's the former longtime USD baseball coach (coached Kris bryant) rich hill who's now hawaii's baseball coach.....wild

Advertisement
Back