Trevon Hill Video & Observations

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cant wait to see what kinda 3rd and long DL group we put out there. Hill and Garvin are a scary combo. Add Rousseau and Patch, and I'm willing to put our DEs against ANYONE in the country.

With speed & power of interests on obvious passing downs:

End: Hill
DT1 - Pocket pusher: J.Ford Or Nesta
DT2: Rousseau!!! (dude is fackin beast). I advocated for Joseph Jackson there last year. Many NFL boards believed he could have played a 5 technique.
End: Garvin

Jackson was a good steady DE for us, but I never really understood the hype around him as a pass rusher other than his physique. He didn’t even dominate bad HS competition at Gulliver. Wasn’t he like an 8 sack guy at Gulliver?

He wasn't the best past rusher, agreed. Even when he was a ripped 250, he had the worst bend. Actually, he might have the tightest hips I've ever seen. But like I've seen other people point out, he had so much natural power. That's why I advocated for him to drop to DT on obvious passing downs.

As for his time in high school, I have no idea. But I can't imagine he was a 15+ sack guy.

Advertisement

It's confirmed. We got a dog.

Observations:
  • Pretty good hand usage. Sometimes amazing.
  • Bend that can give taller tackles trouble. Erik Flowers would have a hard time fr fr, for example.
  • Great Pursuit. I saw shades of Eddie Johnson recklessness. The kid is explosive and violent at the point of attack.
  • This guy can gain 5-10 pounds and can hold down the edge.
  • Closes ferociously on the edge. Can contain scat backs. Has the ability to drop for a slant/curl.
NFL grade: 2nd-6th round.

Hella excited. Garvin, Hill, Patchen, Rousseau. (?Phillips?)

Go Canes!

“Erik Flowers would have a hard time fr fr, for example.”

Did you stutter here while tying? Not poking fun, just curious. President of my fraternity had a stutter. He was elected for the laughs so I’m full when it comes to cheap stutter laughs.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Garvin/Hill sounds a lot better than

Garvin/Patchan or Garvin/Rousseau

Not that those guys aren’t capable but the drop off from JJ to them in experience and production was enormous

You’ll be seeing all four anyway, doesn’t really matter how it sounds

“Erik Flowers would have a hard time fr fr, for example.”

Did you stutter here while tying? Not poking fun, just curious. President of my fraternity had a stutter. He was elected for the laughs so I’m full when it comes to cheap stutter laughs.

Go Canes!

fr = for real
fr fr = on my momma grave

Cant wait to see what kinda 3rd and long DL group we put out there. Hill and Garvin are a scary combo. Add Rousseau and Patch, and I'm willing to put our DEs against ANYONE in the country.

And best of all, it allows us to bring Rousseau back from injury carefully and Harvey the time to adjust and not get thrown into the fire as a raw Freshman.

I love our DEs, and if our DTs continue to progress with the addition of Nnoruka our DL as a whole will be nasty.

Advertisement
Back