Trevon Grimes

He'd change the offense completely and the coaches would probably even let him play as he's older (we obviously don't play based upon talent). Saying we're 8-2 either way is short sighted as the better the offense is, the more recruits you can attract. The team also wouldn't get as blown out against Clemson and UNC.

Advertisement
He wasnt some run of he mill...kid was like the top wr in south florida when he came out. Not sure why we turned him down but knew it was dumb then. He can play or run go routes ,catch fades.

Only took seeing a few clips in HS to pound the table for the kid coming out of HS.

If staff didn't want him bc he turned them down on the trail, fine. I can stand with that bc you can't have kids clowning you every year then asking to come home, so you have to pick and choose when to do that. But if they turned him down because they didn't think he was good enough......they are fools.

We don’t maximize talent at WR. He might not be Wiggins but he’d likely not be as effective here

While I agree in part with that, about not maximizing talent, he's at worst our second best WR from jump. He would be our only guy who has size and contests balls in the air.

Wiggins doesn't count, he plays small and is as physical as my 99 year old grandfather currently is. Pope isn't starting before him either. Harley and him would be out 1/2.

I would actually daresay he would've put up better numbers this year here than there.

Advertisement
UM should have grabbed him instead of acting like we are Alabama. Too many good players leaving south Florida getting sold by the lies of out of state coaches. Let them come back home.

Advertisement
I'd take back 1 legged Dayall Harris and Dionte Mullins missing an arm over Wiggins right now. Pope ain't too far behind...

He burned bridges during his recruitment then tried to come back after the fact. Had nothing to do with lack of talent.
He wasn’t even really a SoFlo kid IIRC. I think he was from Indiana and was only interested in OSU so he just ignored us like the Boss’s. Did he do other things?

This kid straight up had his nose in the air when it came to being recruited by Miami, or so I remember the recruiting guru's on here saying. That said, it continues to amaze me how many of you proudly and publicly dangle the SEC rod from your mouths.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back