Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

T
Ok, let’s take a reasoned approach to this.

Class of 2022, which he started recruiting when he got the job in December.

DT -
A. Moten has already shown flashes.
D. Jackson played well here but bounced.
A. Moultrie sucked
Jake L got hurt but he doesn’t look like a high level contributor.

CB-
K. Rogers was a bad take and he’s already gone.
C. Graves is developing, but needs more time.
J. Harris is further along than Graves and will contribute this year.
D. Porter is a good rotational guy.

Class of 2023, first full class

DT
Collins A just got here and needs 2 seasons to be ready to play.
J Horton hasn’t gotten here yet, so I can’t tell you what he’s got.
B. Deen is going to be a good rotational guy.
T. Gore is going to dance on the sideline like Holley.

CB
R. Stafford is a summer arrival.
Damari B is a summer arrival.
T. Roberts is a special teams contributor
Davonte B is starting

Now that we’ve got our baseline down, what are your expectations? Where would you like the team to be at these positions at this point in time?
That's your baseline! Your opinion is accepted but, not as facts! Only three of those guys has played. Djack,Porter, Jake L,

Advertisement
Negative.
Height...more specifically length...is extremely valuable.

I've had some pretty good 5'7"-5'9" Corners in my day, but when they have to guard WR's who are 6'1"+ there's not much they can do.
They can be covering the WR like a blanket but the catch radius of the much taller WR allows the QB to put the ball where the CB can't reach.

Length also neutralizes speed to some extent. A tall Corner can be beat by 5 feet, but if the ball isn't dropped perfectly into the bucket, he can stick his long a$s arms out and still deflect the ball. (seen it happen with all my long Corners)

Length also allows Corners to excel better in press coverage.

All things equal, you want the CB with length.
Agreed, but for me wingspan >>>>>>>> height

**** ESPN, but pretty good article on what the Seahawks look for in a corner which I love. https://es.pn/2pEM01c

Last edited:
My man @Ghandi tryin' to fundamentally change CIS, and by proxy, all of modern-day society, by trying to reintroduce the art of discussion and debate.

For the uninitiated, the art of debate involves the taking of a particular position and using factual data and information to defend and support said position.

Some of the prerequisites for a healthy and productive debate include but are not limited to:
Humility; the desire to learn and listen to someone else's perspective; the understanding that your opinion is just that...YOUR opinion; and lastly, realizing that feelings and emotions do not equal facts.

So good luck Ghandi, I'm rooting for ya man.

Advertisement
My man @Ghandi tryin' to fundamentally change CIS, and by proxy, all of modern-day society, by trying to reintroduce the art of discussion and debate.

For the uninitiated, the art of debate involves the taking of a particular position and using factual data and information to defend and support said position.

Some of the prerequisites for a healthy and productive debate include but are not limited to:
Humility; the desire to learn and listen to someone else's perspective; and the understanding that your opinion is just that...YOUR opinion.

So good luck Ghandi, I'm rooting for ya man.
stix zadinia scrooge GIF by Steel Panther

Advertisement
Don’t mean nothing until they sign……like the Ole Miss DT that was a so called layup signing
Are you talking about high school, portal, or both as it pertains to CB & DT recruiting ? We did get Damari Brown who was a consensus top 300 corner and Deen at DT in the portal will play meaningful snaps. Do we need more than that ? Absolutely, but it’s not like we’ve gotten nobody, just gotta step it up a notch at those positions.

What do you consider elite results at DT and CB?

Give me “x numbers of this type of player = elite recruiting” at these positions.

Is rather have empirical data and not subjective feelings
Example UGA DT signs with USC and won’t miss a beat because of the elite DT recruits they stacked

UM DT signs with FSU and we’re left with a gapping hole on the interior

Advertisement
Advertisement
Portal has been frustrating at but it’s not over yet and we got 4 high quality guys already. It’s already a much much better cycle than last year and it’s not over. Now as stated, some frustrations and misses but by all accounts Cisco, Lee, Cohen and Brown are all difference makers for us.

Advertisement
Back