Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

This would be the 2nd big time recruit from Bama to choose a Florida program. from The outside looking in , I think those kids don’t like bama looking at big time OOS prospects over them at them o being back up plan
Your looking to deep into it imo.
it may be as simple as he’s looking more into being well coached. Saban ain’t gonna be back pedaling out there with them. And when he does it’s for the cameras. Trust m
He’s recruiting well but starting to smell and look like Joe Patterno down there.
Knowing you might have to sit in that depth chart in a market like tuskkkaloosa while your NIL marinates may also be a factor.
Not saying Bama is gonna fall off this year, But nothing lasts forever and Father Time is undefeated.

Advertisement
it may be as simple as he’s looking more into being well coached. Saban ain’t gonna be back pedaling out there with them. And when he does it’s for the cameras. Trust m
He’s recruiting well but starting to smell and look like Joe Patterno down there.
Knowing you might have to sit in that depth chart in a market like tuskkkaloosa while your NIL marinates may also be a factor.
Not saying Bama is gonna fall off this year, But nothing lasts forever and Father Time is undefeated.
I think Saban will be one of those rare coaches that goes out on top or at least near the top. Like Coach K, who has managed to remain near the top of college basketball, current season not withstanding.

Just different with an ace recruiter. I remember Thomas Brown recruiting Don Chaney for 2 years hard but Hickson came in & within a cup of coffee had him locked down, committed. We're now experiencing this at corner. Love to see it 🙌
Don was coming to Miami no matter who the RB coach was…. TB had Don and his fam at every home game

Knighton was a pull for Hickson for sure

Don was coming to Miami no matter who the RB coach was…. TB had Don and his fam at every home game

Knighton was a pull for Hickson for sure
Then why wouldn't he publicly commit to TB ? The guy simply wasn't a closer & Hickson was, point blank period.

He's got at least 4-5 more years easy. He's been in near elite shape mentally and physically his whole life. Versus a kinda frumpy Bobby Bowden type who still kept it together until mid 70's and hiring his doofus son.

Alabama's last 2 classes average recruit ranking was 0.94 & 0.95. It'd be hard for even Al Golden to f*ck up that type of talent

Advertisement
His other two classes he failed to sign a RB. Let’s not forget the McFarland and Crowley fiascos.
McFarland was a miss for sure… Crowley was someone he got in on early for. If you recall, end of that 18 season was a mess, Ohio state came calling more kids than not are going to jump on that opportunity.

Advertisement
And he was a big part of that mess. Personally, I’m glad Hickson is here.
I’m not comparing the two…. TB is the RB coach for the Rams, he’s far past Miami trust me.

All I’m saying is Don was coming whether TB or Hickson was coach.

It doesn’t matter who I rather have. Im telling you Don was coming either way.

Im not sure why that’s so hard to comprehend
And yet he chose to commit to a brand new coach vs a guy who he had an established relationship with for years, I'm not saying Don wouldn't have come here but what I am saying is relationships matter and Hickson is better at building them than TB was.

Advertisement
And yet he chose to commit to a brand new coach vs a guy who he had an established relationship with for years, I'm not saying Don wouldn't have come here but what I am saying is relationships matter and Hickson is better at building them than TB was.
Agreed. We paid him a huge contract with a coordinator title with the idea he would be an impactful recruiter. He wasn’t. His own position group, he signed 1 functional back in 3 years. Maybe that’s why he moved on to the NFL where he doesn’t have to recruit.

Lucky for you, I was bored enough to look into it. Yes - this would be our highest rated CB class (247) since they started doing ratings. Caveat is this would be with a class that has more than 1 commit. I looked going back to 2002 and included any player we recruited to play CB even if they came as an Ath or S.

In other non shocking news… our CB recruiting has been way below where it should be. We averaged a CB class of.897, which is the border of 3/4* players. Some of the players we signed over the last 20 years makes me want to throw up in my mouth

2022 - .946
2021 - .857
2020 - .880
2019 - .9141
2018 - .903
2017 - .905
2016 - .869
2015 - .835
2014 - .857
2013 - .938
2012 - .862
2011 - .873
2010 - .875
2009 - .972 (1 commit)
2008 - .986 (1 commit)
2007 - .922
2006 - .891
2005 - .900 (1 commit)
2004 - .856 (1 commit)
2003 - .900 (1 commit)
2002 - .900
My thinking is going back into classes in the 80s as well, my man ;)

Advertisement
lol

Alabama literally had the highest rated class ever just a year ago.

Hey SPC- saw that Salter put a low-key tweet out about finding a new home. I think it was last week? where is he going - do you know? I hope he gets it all together. Seems like he has talent and he shouldn't waste it...
His options were limited last time I talked to him. From what I heard a week or so ago he was going to go play for hugh freeze

Advertisement
Back