Trequon Fegans '22 CB - Now in portal

With a good season I could see us holding onto this kid. I think T-Rob is the difference here.

Advertisement
Agreed, even if Bama doesn’t green light by the latest he wants to wait, we’ll be holding our breath up until ESD when he signs on the dotted line.

So then what's the point of everyone b!tching that Miami doesn't have more committed recruits in July? Now you are saying that even if he commits, it doesn't mean anything until ESD/NSD. When a reasonable person correctly points out that verbal commitments are just paper victories since nothing prevents a recruit from flipping and leaving Miami scrambling for a last minute replacement (and the plan B and C kids are now angry that they weren't prioritized until the "committed" bounced so you end up with plan Z kids), the **** burglars then tyrn around and claim that it's just Diaz slurping and Miami needs more paper victories.

So then what's the point of everyone b!tching that Miami doesn't have more committed recruits in July? Now you are saying that even if he commits, it doesn't mean anything until ESD/NSD. When a reasonable person correctly points out that verbal commitments are just paper victories since nothing prevents a recruit from flipping and leaving Miami scrambling for a last minute replacement (and the plan B and C kids are now angry that they weren't prioritized until the "committed" bounced so you end up with plan Z kids), the **** burglars then tyrn around and claim that it's just Diaz slurping and Miami needs more paper victories.
This is why the staff isn’t even worried. What does a commit in July matter? They’re expecting a huge season that’ll lead to a good finish. Kids will reevaluate things later especially if we do as expected.

Advertisement
This is why the staff isn’t even worried. What does a commit in July matter? They’re expecting a huge season that’ll lead to a good finish. Kids will reevaluate things later especially if we do as expected.
I think the panic is that FSU, on the surface, is killing it and, historically, it is harder to flip kids once they are committed. I know one has nothing to do with the other, but the FSU stuff seems to be in the back of everyone’s head. When it starts getting in my head, I just pour a scotch and put on their Spring Game. I always feel better.

“Tyrn around” 😂
100FD285-BCA3-49FB-859A-489467198019.gif

Odd question but with all of our summer visits that are not committed to us it made me wonder.... I know a kid can only take 5 officials but is there any reason they couldn't take 2 of those 5 to the same school?

Fegans for example only took 2 visits so far, Graves took 3. If we have a great year and and we are still competing for someone, could he take another visit in the fall before deciding even though he already had one to us over the summer?

Advertisement
Odd question but with all of our summer visits that are not committed to us it made me wonder.... I know a kid can only take 5 officials but is there any reason they couldn't take 2 of those 5 to the same school?

Fegans for example only took 2 visits so far, Graves took 3. If we have a great year and and we are still competing for someone, could he take another visit in the fall before deciding even though he already had one to us over the summer?
Believe the only way they can take 2 of their official visits to the same school is if there’s a coaching change.

An unofficial absolutely, but not an OV

I think the panic is that FSU, on the surface, is killing it and, historically, it is harder to flip kids once they are committed. I know one has nothing to do with the other, but the FSU stuff seems to be in the back of everyone’s head. When it starts getting in my head, I just pour a scotch and put on their Spring Game. I always feel better.
Im not saying we’re sitting back waiting on decommits from other schools they just aren’t losing sleep over 1-2 kids going elsewhere in July.

Miami and Fsu’s staffs are in opposite spots , they have more commits but don’t want the season to start. We don’t have many commits but are looking forward to the season starting. FSU will not end up with a top 10-15 classes, reality will set back in and fast.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Feels like this kid wants more love and attention from Bama. I think it’s us or Bama if they take him. Would be an elite pull.

Im not saying we’re sitting back waiting on decommits from other schools they just aren’t losing sleep over 1-2 kids going elsewhere in July.

Miami and Fsu’s staffs are in opposite spots , they have more commits but don’t want the season to start. We don’t have many commits but are looking forward to the season starting. FSU will not end up with a top 10-15 classes, reality will set back in and fast.

I agree that panic is not necessary yet - let's let the season play out. Howevah, Manny and staff just blew their load on OVs this past month and not much (apparently) to show. Potentially, Manny has egg on his face after the infamous "june recruiting bake sale" comment and he is the one who is left holding the bag.

I'm willing to let the season play out but let's be real, staff is whiffing on a bunch of kids.

I agree that panic is not necessary yet - let's let the season play out. Howevah, Manny and staff just blew their load on OVs this past month and not much (apparently) to show. Potentially, Manny has egg on his face after the infamous "june recruiting bake sale" comment and he is the one who is left holding the bag.

I'm willing to let the season play out but let's be real, staff is whiffing on a bunch of kids.
As am I , I’m just stating what I was told. Lb recruiting is concerning especially with how it’s been since manny came aboard. Other than that I don’t get stressing in July.

Advertisement
What Baga does not know how to evaluate players. Shame on them. They should fire their HC is not he in charge of DB’s. How did they let Horn slip through the cracks.

Miami needs to win the Coastal this year period.

Feels like years past under Radio and Golden where we would be looking great coming out of the summer with a lot of great top end targets still buzzing about the team….. season starts and class falls apart and we get left with B and C recruits from the board.

Manny better win 10 games with at minimum of keeping the **** bama game close. Otherwise all this momentum he got going with last years class will be down the drain

Advertisement
Back