Trequan ***ans Decommits

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why moves have to be made.

Waiting to fire will lead to a worse class.
Look at the Golden fire. Coming up on the anniversary now, but while we had Miami guys who weren't going to dip like Shaq, Joe Jackson and Homer (maybe could include Jack Allison) Larry Scott and Hurlie Brown did major work in the interim (including meeting with the kids who were solid) to hold the class together; Richt kept the foot on the pedal (bringing those two coaches with him) meeting with kids from there. While that class ultimately turned out lackluster on the whole, they kept our GUYS and were able to reel back in Richards, Bruce, McCloud, Haskins, Pinckney and Finley in addition to being able to grab Malek and Pat Bethel. From the rest of the class as far as guys we really cared about at the time I can’t comment on Mullins (though I’m remembering the academic issues) and Ced Wright. Again; I prefaced the overall quality of the class being what it turned out to be but that was a recent example of cutting bait with the corch and providing optimism to the guys on the line.

Ultimately Scott went to Tennessee and I don’t remember where Hurlie went but I’m fairly certain they got a letter from Richt for their efforts in sticking true to the (then-present) mission. That meant something.

Apologies (as usual) for the long-winded comment.

Edit: Forgot our modern “Toolbox Trent” McCloud

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back