Trequan ***ans Decommits

AD1B91D8-32B0-440E-A007-122F0D3992C3.gif

Advertisement
the best part of our small class was our CB recruiting, we are about to lose the lot. Probably will lose a lot more than just CB, we better hope we dont have a full exodus via the portal this winter (if by some miracle Mandy is here by bowl practice, opt outs and transfers will come in bunches).

Thank you Barry Jackson/Kirk Herbstreit. Nothing like airing your dirty laundry on ESPN College game day to get the ball rolling. Congratulations. :youre-nuts:

Legit question, not trying to call you out or anything like that:

On the main board, you are saying the Miami HC job is equivalent with Colorado and SDSU. But you want manny fired ASAP (as do I).

If the job is as bad as you say, whoever replaces him will be just as bad if the job is as undesirable as you say, no?
Depends on the coach.

I think you’re misunderstanding my point because you’re focusing on one particular aspect of what I’m saying & not taking in the full scope... My point about Miami’s job being undesirable is in reference to the attractiveness of the program to top tier proven coaches, meaning guys who are already established & have had success as P5 HC’s. My reasoning for my stance is based on the fact that for what it takes to be a consistently competitive program that can be in the top 10-20 on an annual basis there are things that have to be done from an administrative standpoint that Miami doesn’t do, so I’m not saying that Miami is just awful & terrible by itself, I’m saying the people in charge of running the school don’t do their job at it’s fullest capacity because they don’t really value Football as much as other programs at the top do. Which makes Miami less desirable of a job for coaches who have already experienced success at other programs.

The job within of itself does not dictate the success of the coach, I used those G5 schools as an example to highlight places that are limited in resources & have similar constraints but still manage to have Football success because they have an internal dedication to their Football program being successful, in other words their Admin/Board of trustees actually care.

So to answer your question, if you can find a smart HC who knows what he’s doing, then it’s possible that he can overcome the ineptitude (to a certain extent) of our Admin/BOT at least in the short term. But does that mean that Miami is now on the same level as a Oklahoma, UGA, LSU, etc.. well of course not, because there’s no evidence to support, but if you re read the comment you seem to be taking an issue with that I made in that thread about the pecking order of coaching jobs available I clearly stated that Miami has potential to be back to the job it once was 20 years ago, but the reality as of right now it’s not.

Is that clear enough for you?

Advertisement
Depends on the coach.

I think you’re misunderstanding my point because you’re focusing on one particular aspect of what I’m saying & not taking in the full scope... My point about Miami’s job being undesirable is in reference to the attractiveness of the program to top tier proven coaches, meaning guys who are already established & have had success as P5 HC’s. My reasoning for my stance is based on the fact that for what it takes to be a consistently competitive program that can be in the top 10-20 on an annual basis there are things that have to be done from an administrative standpoint that Miami doesn’t do, so I’m not saying that Miami is just awful & terrible by itself, I’m saying the people in charge of running the school don’t do their job at it’s fullest capacity because they don’t really value Football as much as other programs at the top do. Which makes Miami less desirable of a job for coaches who have already experienced success at other programs.

The job within of itself does not dictate the success of the coach, I used those G5 schools as an example to highlight places that are limited in resources & have similar constraints but still manage to have Football success because they have an internal dedication to their Football program being successful, in other words their Admin/Board of trustees actually care.

So to answer your question, if you can find a smart HC who knows what he’s doing, then it’s possible that he can overcome the ineptitude (to a certain extent) of our Admin/BOT at least in the short term. But does that mean that Miami is now on the same level as a Oklahoma, UGA, LSU, etc.. well of course not, because there’s no evidence to support, but if you re read the comment you seem to be taking an issue with that I made in that thread about the pecking order of coaching jobs available I clearly stated that Miami has potential to be back to the job it once was 20 years ago, but the reality as of right now it’s not.

agreed esp with the above. it isn't about not having any money, its about the willingness to spend the money they do allocate. we may have bundles and bundles and certainly do, but they only allocate a percentage of that and that's what they mean when money is an issue. we will never do what it takes to be elite in todays game. we certinalty should be able to handle the coastal with competent coaching and whatever we do spend. its why Manny isn't fired yet. the powers are telling national and local guys the buyouts for a reason. they will or may make changes but it will be done in a cost effective way. if its Mario, it won't be finalized till after jan. if its someone else, it won't be finalized till the seasons end imo when manny's buyout drops. honestly, idgaf how long they wait if they make the right hire and provide the necessary resources for that guy to be successful. if you hire Mario but don't give him ammo, you may as well just keep Manny for a lot less. if they're saying, ok we can hire Mario and provide him w ammo if we can save x amount in buyouts, then idc do it. again, they will only spend what they feel is okay.

It’s what has to be done.

Sticking with Manny is not a plausible option, if we have to sacrifice having a good class in order to do it than so be it. I mean even if manny isn’t fired this year this class was gonna be fairly average anyway, the product on the field dictated that a majority of the targets we were after we were gonna miss on & the few talented kids we had committed verbally before the season started weren’t gonna stick anyway once the wheels fell off on the season.

There is no justifiable reason to keep things status quo & keep everything in tact, they must go, that’s all there is to it.

Doesn’t matter how many high ranked players you give Manny Diaz, he can’t win with them anyway, so fck it, blow the whole **** thing up & start over from scratch.

Find a HC who isn’t a complete wash & knows what he’s doing, use the Portal to supplement the loss of talent, gather up some wins & translate that into recruiting success down the line. But as of now the main focus for this program needs to be finding people who actually give a **** & know wtf to do when it comes to Football.

Recruits will always be there, there will always be serviceable players available in the portal, but we need more than anything in the world is an AD who isn’t a glorified CVS assistant manager & a competent HC who isn’t completely overwhelmed.

Always sucks to lose talented players, but until we fix the problem at its source we’re gonna keep losing them no matter how much job security we give a coach.

this.

Thank you Barry Jackson/Kirk Herbstreit. Nothing like airing your dirty laundry on ESPN College game day to get the ball rolling. Congratulations. :youre-nuts:
The alternative is we continue to vastly underachieve every year while still recruiting top 15 classes. This class would have fallen apart anyway because manny has nothing left to sell when we’re hovering around .500 with one of the most experienced teams in the country

Advertisement
Depends on the coach.

Got you, thanks. We are all frustrated and want Manny gone. The more I think about the game, the more I think UNC in a blowout. TVD behind a weak line, I'm not sure how we hang.

Y'all want to fire the entire athletic department (and I can't really argue against it). Well, this is what happens when you do. Remember, firing coaches in 2021 is more painful than it was in the past due to ESD. You used to be able to fire a coach after Thanksgiving and hire someone in December and salvage a class. All the timing is now moved up. So, firing Manny and everyone else and not hiring a new coach until December/January essentially kills an entire class.
I think the results of this season would kill recruiting regardless if anyone gets fired or not.

Advertisement
Got you, thanks. We are all frustrated and want Manny gone. The more I think about the game, the more I think UNC in a blowout. TVD behind a weak line, I'm not sure how we hang.
Don’t let the FSU loss fool you, unc is gonna drag us. I’ll do you one better.. FSU is a better football team than we are and have been all season

Advertisement
Depends on the coach.

I don’t see SDSU. Would you say that right now that this job is on par with UCLA, Washington??? We’ve still won titles in the last 20 years. SDSU is not an equal job.

his point is that Manny will be gone regardless. the timing doesn't matter at any point now until the last game bc Mario isn't gonna be interviewing till his seaoson is over and he won't be taking the job till after the Oregon bowl if they're in a playoff.
I seriously doubt Oregon is going to a playoff. Their injuries have piled up rather quick. Their better players are dropping like flies. They can't run the table like this.

Advertisement
Back