Trent Harris

Advertisement
Tool box.... He fits the system of a utility role, and may get a sack or two unlike what the Pats are known to do. Congrats

This dude is actually good. Gives max effort. I think he'll make the 53, contribute on special teams as a rookie and have a solid career.

Trent is the complete opposite of Derwin James. No one ever talks about him but all he does is make plays

Advertisement
Could end up at LB like another smart but undersized pass rusher named Tedy Bruschi

Advertisement
This is why the Pats win rings and the Dolphins will remain garbage until they fire Tannenbaum. Anyone who watched film of the Canes saw that Harris and Berrios have high football IQs that more than make up for not having elite measurables. The NFL is the opposite of college in that the Xs and Os are vastly more important than Jimmys and Joes.

As Saban once pointed out why he liked college better, in the NFL you only get one first round "elite" pick per year. In college he can fill up his roster with those players. For the most part, the NFL has a fairly even distribution of talent across every team. The thing that separates the champs from the chumps is finding the right players to fit a coach's system, and then the coaching staff making sure those players can run the system in their sleep. Harris and Berrios are going to be key contributors for the Pats. Hate the Pats but god**** do they know how to draft.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great spot for him - thought the Steelers and pats made the most sense. I think he’ll make the team

Last edited:
This is why the Pats win rings and the Dolphins will remain garbage until they fire Tannenbaum. Anyone who watched film of the Canes saw that Harris and Berrios have high football IQs that more than make up for not having elite measurables. The NFL is the opposite of college in that the Xs and Os are vastly more important than Jimmys and Joes.

As Saban once pointed out why he liked college better, in the NFL you only get one first round "elite" pick per year. In college he can fill up his roster with those players. For the most part, the NFL has a fairly even distribution of talent across every team. The thing that separates the champs from the chumps is finding the right players to fit a coach's system, and then the coaching staff making sure those players can run the system in their sleep. Harris and Berrios are going to be key contributors for the Pats. Hate the Pats but god**** do they know how to draft.
Exactly. I hate the Pats as well, but you've got to give them props for what they've achieved. Belichek always looks for high football IQ and versatile players - wherever they went to school.

Dude is about to go from UDFA to a long tenured NFL player playing in that system.
Yep, hope he has a great career. I dont Understand why he wasn’t drafted has the 2nd most sacks in the acc behind chubb

Advertisement
Back