Tremendous year over year improvement

While the record leaves a lot to be desired this is easily a team that could be anywhere from 9-2, 10-1 to 4-7. The only game where we really didn’t have a shot was NC State and possibly Carolina. Otherwise we have been in every game and a few plays either way would have changed the outcome for better or worse.

That’s a dramatic improvement from a year ago when we weren’t even competitive. We’ve dramatically in a number of areas most noticeably along the lines. The good thing is we’re loaded along the oline and have some difference makers on the dline. With the playmakers we have coming in and a transfer quarterback we can be dangerous next year.

I look at this compared to Marios Oregon teams and we obviously don’t have a Herbert but it won’t be that hard to find an Anthony Brown. The main difference is we don’t have a Joe Moorhead and are a little less developed at a few spots.

One of my main gripes though is the schedule. I don’t know how it gets made- if it’s us or the con but it’s ridiculous to play 8 straight conference games with the bye before it. You need a break in conference play. Bama and LSU always have a bye before their game which is usually after game 5 of conference play, then they play a cream puff the 2nd to last week. Our schedule is nuts.
Screenshot 2023-11-18 at 22.10.22.jpeg

Like this makes sense and tells me they are close but I’m tired of being close should’ve won today man. When will we arrive and stop progressing lol

Advertisement
It’s been nearly a decade since we’ve been this bad in ACC play. Mario is reaching historically bad levels and faster than any coach we’ve had since Howard. Since Coker our best two coaches were CMR and MD.

2006 Coker 3-5
2007 Shannon 2-6
2011 Golden 3-5
2014 Golden 3-5
2022 Mario 3-5
2023 Mario 2-5

Regardless of contract this guy should be fired. This is unacceptable.

While the record leaves a lot to be desired this is easily a team that could be anywhere from 9-2, 10-1 to 4-7. The only game where we really didn’t have a shot was NC State and possibly Carolina. Otherwise we have been in every game and a few plays either way would have changed the outcome for better or worse.

That’s a dramatic improvement from a year ago when we weren’t even competitive. We’ve dramatically in a number of areas most noticeably along the lines. The good thing is we’re loaded along the oline and have some difference makers on the dline. With the playmakers we have coming in and a transfer quarterback we can be dangerous next year.

I look at this compared to Marios Oregon teams and we obviously don’t have a Herbert but it won’t be that hard to find an Anthony Brown. The main difference is we don’t have a Joe Moorhead and are a little less developed at a few spots.

One of my main gripes though is the schedule. I don’t know how it gets made- if it’s us or the con but it’s ridiculous to play 8 straight conference games with the bye before it. You need a break in conference play. Bama and LSU always have a bye before their game which is usually after game 5 of conference play, then they play a cream puff the 2nd to last week. Our schedule is nuts.
IMG_8754.gif

Advertisement

**** we giving out participation trophies now at The U?! Fuq out here with this BS! The team we just lost to is now 10-1 with a first year head coach with a roster full of 3* guys Miami wouldn’t ever recruit. You can except mediocrity but that **** ain’t gonna cut it for me dawg!!

Advertisement
Good grief.
We’re one game better than we were last year.
And a game worse than a year before that, which ended in the coach getting fired.
So we’ve basically not improved at all over the last 3 years.
At this pace, we might win 10 games in Mario’s 5th or 6th year, assuming we don’t have any setbacks.
Sorry but this season was a disaster, and I don’t think you can take many positives from a 6-6 season. At least last year we had a great recruiting class.

Good grief.
We’re one game better than we were last year.
And a game worse than a year before that, which ended in the coach getting fired.
So we’ve basically not improved at all over the last 3 years.
At this pace, we might win 10 games in Mario’s 5th or 6th year, assuming we don’t have any setbacks.
Sorry but this season was a disaster, and I don’t think you can take many positives from a 6-6 season. At least last year we had a great recruiting class.
HEY WERE GOING BOWLING THATS AN IMPROVEMENT. NEXT YEAR WE WILL BE 8-4 then 10-2 THEN 12-0 it’s a slow build. Sarcasm

Advertisement
Advertisement
We sound like Nole fans…”ifs…” and “but….”
While I do think we have improved, we have also taken steps back in decision making
Feels very “ Corchy” to me

stop-it-get-some-help.gif

After reading many comments and I am proud to say the board has finally seen the light realizing Mario is a very good recruiter and that's it. I would not say this year there is a vast improvement but very minor. The problem is we have the good players but not the coaching. I'm sure a great head coach could have eclipsed 9 wins this season. I truly believe the greatest downfall is going to be Mario's ability to recruit at a high level. You have to believe there you be a vast number of current players that will be going into the portal. The others will declare for the draft because they can't take Mario's inbility to coach on the sidelines. That means he's going to have to recruit better than he's every done before. Then couple that with the ****nal of ammunition he has given to opposing coaches to torch Mario so easily with his abundance of malpractice day game coaching decisions. Why would any player want to go thru incredible tough practices every day that Mario preaches. Then go to the day of the game and see your chances of winning melt in front of your eyes because of incompetence at the highest level to win games with faulty decision making. This program in in trouble considering all the resources and money Mario has been given. No other UM coach has ever been given the resources and money Mario has received and results are horrific. All you have to do is look look at the coaching carousel he created, the complete abomination of the QB room, and his failure to take a knee. That's only the iceberg and grounds for immediate dismissal if he didn't have just a huge buyout. Get Jeff Bezos to donate the money and FIRE MARIO NOW!

Advertisement
Back