Tremendous year over year improvement

Advertisement
I compare this to Texas under Sark. 5-7, 8-5 then a great third year. But even this year they’ve had some games they could have lost where they could easily have lost including the last two.

Even teams with overwhelming talent advantages will have tough games.

Yea tough games…difference is we have tough decades…

GT, NC St, and UVA [BGCOLOR=initial]were inexcusable losses. Guaranteed Ws with com[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]petent coaching. [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]UNC, FSU, Louisville were losses to better teams with better coaches. I can get over those but a top quality Xs and Os coach wins those games with our roster. [/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
GT, NC St, and UVA [BGCOLOR=initial]were inexcusable losses. Guaranteed Ws with com[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]petent coaching. [/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial]UNC, FSU, Louisville were losses to better teams with better coaches. I can get over those but a top quality Xs and Os coach wins those games with our roster. [/BGCOLOR]
What if I told you that Miami actually beat UVA this season?

1700358923233.gif

i predicted before the season we'd be 8-4. we'll likely be 7-5 (and a kneel away from 8-4)

with the circumstances of how a number of our losses have been self-inflicted, it gives hope that we're moving in the right direction. We beat A&M and Clemson, we took FSU and a good Louisville team to the wire with ups and downs in between

if we have 4-5 losses next year at this time then I'm 100% with you, but this was never projected to be a "win the ACC" type of year and if you got your own hopes up due to the early success then you did it to yourself
So you are ok going 3-5/2-6 in the ACC?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol thanks for the correction. I got my hands full with my two old screaming in my ear and was trying to think of the W/Ls from memory.

Good job beating UVA, Mario!
1700359243308.gif

Mario doesn’t get any credit for beating UVA. Mark Fletcher gets the credit with his beastly OT TD run. That was before Fletcher became a no-vision hack vs FSU and even longer before Fletcher became a freshman phenom against Louisville. Either way, Mario doesn’t get credit. Pretty sure Fletcher was a Manny holdover anyway, even though he’s literally a true freshman.

Advertisement
If what this season has turned out to be is representative of tremendous improvement, then the bar is on the floor. Have there been positive changes this season? Definitely. But I’m tired of getting beat by teams with less talent and losing games we should’ve easily won. We have the tools to be great, yet we repeatedly fail to utilize them correctly.

Advertisement
Back