Tremendous year over year improvement

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
While the record leaves a lot to be desired this is easily a team that could be anywhere from 9-2, 10-1 to 4-7. The only game where we really didn’t have a shot was NC State and possibly Carolina. Otherwise we have been in every game and a few plays either way would have changed the outcome for better or worse.

That’s a dramatic improvement from a year ago when we weren’t even competitive. We’ve dramatically in a number of areas most noticeably along the lines. The good thing is we’re loaded along the oline and have some difference makers on the dline. With the playmakers we have coming in and a transfer quarterback we can be dangerous next year.

I look at this compared to Marios Oregon teams and we obviously don’t have a Herbert but it won’t be that hard to find an Anthony Brown. The main difference is we don’t have a Joe Moorhead and are a little less developed at a few spots.

One of my main gripes though is the schedule. I don’t know how it gets made- if it’s us or the con but it’s ridiculous to play 8 straight conference games with the bye before it. You need a break in conference play. Bama and LSU always have a bye before their game which is usually after game 5 of conference play, then they play a cream puff the 2nd to last week. Our schedule is nuts.

Advertisement
Star Trek Drinking GIF by HULU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I compare this to Texas under Sark. 5-7, 8-5 then a great third year. But even this year they’ve had some games they could have lost where they could easily have lost including the last two.

Even teams with overwhelming talent advantages will have tough games.

You are drowning in hopium. With a loss to BC there is a chance we could finish in last place in the ACC. That's not a step in the right direction.
i predicted before the season we'd be 8-4. we'll likely be 7-5 (and a kneel away from 8-4)

with the circumstances of how a number of our losses have been self-inflicted, it gives hope that we're moving in the right direction. We beat A&M and Clemson, we took FSU and a good Louisville team to the wire with ups and downs in between

if we have 4-5 losses next year at this time then I'm 100% with you, but this was never projected to be a "win the ACC" type of year and if you got your own hopes up due to the early success then you did it to yourself

While the record leaves a lot to be desired this is easily a team that could be anywhere from 9-2, 10-1 to 4-7. The only game where we really didn’t have a shot was NC State and possibly Carolina. Otherwise we have been in every game and a few plays either way would have changed the outcome for better or worse.

That’s a dramatic improvement from a year ago when we weren’t even competitive. We’ve dramatically in a number of areas most noticeably along the lines. The good thing is we’re loaded along the oline and have some difference makers on the dline. With the playmakers we have coming in and a transfer quarterback we can be dangerous next year.

I look at this compared to Marios Oregon teams and we obviously don’t have a Herbert but it won’t be that hard to find an Anthony Brown. The main difference is we don’t have a Joe Moorhead and are a little less developed at a few spots.

One of my main gripes though is the schedule. I don’t know how it gets made- if it’s us or the con but it’s ridiculous to play 8 straight conference games with the bye before it. You need a break in conference play. Bama and LSU always have a bye before their game which is usually after game 5 of conference play, then they play a cream puff the 2nd to last week. Our schedule is nuts.
Bored Married With Children GIF

The absolute crap on this site is unbelievable. Improvement in what? You have accepted losing and that my friend is unacceptable. The only improvement here is if Mario was fired. This team is undisciplined, dumb, erractic, poor fundameentally, and finds so many ways to lose. You are drinking the koolaid Mario is selling. The are also the most boring team in the country. If there was improvement why are all the seats empty? It's because the fanbase knows a charlatan when they see one. The program is going nowhere with Mario at the helm, absolutely nowhere. FIRE MARIO and HIRE A COMEDIAN! My final comment is look what Jeff Brohm has done in ONE season. That's called improvement my friend and what Mario has done is peddling baloney. Yes, I like it and he is a peddler or a purveyor of excuses.

Advertisement
Back