Tre Mason

P

PalmBeachCane

Still very ****ed Miami didn't offer him. Knew he was going to be a beast when he came out of Park Vista. (where Gayot goes) Quickest first 3 steps i've ever seen from a running back. If Miami is ever going to lock down the "State Of Miami" that includes Palm Beach County. In my personal opinion Golden doesn't recruit the 561 hard enough!

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL you guys crack me up.... taking shots at Golden every chance you get? So Golden now "missed" on Mason??? Yeah well I guess Jimbo and Muschamp did as well. Lets take a look at his list offer and you tell me. Other than Auburn, Michigan was probably his next biggest offer...

Happens everywhere, but happens down here more. We have so many high caliber kids than once in awhile a player that's not all over the radar will slip out of here and go somewhere and succeed. BTW look at Mason's stats from last year and until Malzahn arrived and don't tell me scheme didn't play a huge roll in his success this year

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Tre-Mason-103818;_ylt=AixQEDxgOs_2XzY2en1IpDM5rJB4

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL, are we now up to about 10 of these a day? "Golden is a moron because he didnt offer kid XYZ"? Exactly HOW many offers should we have given out?

EVERY staff, has a process by which they offer. They go after the top guys on their board first. We had TWO RBs committed, and were going after maybe 1 more elite guy. So why on Earth would we just be throwing out offers to all sorts of 3 star RB types? What happens if they would have committed, and then we didnt have room for other kids we need/want?

Look, its fair to say "we should have kept in touch with this kid", or we should be "looking at him more closely", but people need to use some common sense with the "why didnt we offer this kid" because its thrown around 10 times a day on here, and if we DID offer all these kids, then what? Do you offer a bunch of 3 star kids when much higher rated guys may still be in play? Should we give committable offers to some "maybe" kids, if Yearby, Sony, Cook, Hood, and a slew of other top backs we went after were still uncommitted?

LOL you guys crack me up.... taking shots at Golden every chance you get? So Golden now "missed" on Mason??? Yeah well I guess Jimbo and Muschamp did as well. Lets take a look at his list offer and you tell me. Other than Auburn, Michigan was probably his next biggest offer...

Happens everywhere, but happens down here more. We have so many high caliber kids than once in awhile a player that's not all over the radar will slip out of here and go somewhere and succeed. BTW look at Mason's stats from last year and until Malzahn arrived and don't tell me scheme didn't play a huge roll in his success this year

http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-Tre-Mason-103818;_ylt=AixQEDxgOs_2XzY2en1IpDM5rJB4

You must not have looked at Mason's stats from last year. He rushed for over a thousand yards last year on a ****** time while averaging almost 6 yards per carry. I'm sure he benefited from the scheme this year, but I'm also sure that he's simply a good running back that did what good players do; increase production as they mature from freshmen to juniors. With that said, while I'll give Golden a pass on Mason because he hadn't been on the job that long, Mason does represent the type of player that Golden absolutely has to hit on. If the 5 star studs are going to be frontrunners, then he has to hit on the under the radar guys in the tri county area.

Advertisement
LOL, are we now up to about 10 of these a day? "Golden is a moron because he didnt offer kid XYZ"? Exactly HOW many offers should we have given out?

EVERY staff, has a process by which they offer. They go after the top guys on their board first. We had TWO RBs committed, and were going after maybe 1 more elite guy. So why on Earth would we just be throwing out offers to all sorts of 3 star RB types? What happens if they would have committed, and then we didnt have room for other kids we need/want?

Look, its fair to say "we should have kept in touch with this kid", or we should be "looking at him more closely", but people need to use some common sense with the "why didnt we offer this kid" because its thrown around 10 times a day on here, and if we DID offer all these kids, then what? Do you offer a bunch of 3 star kids when much higher rated guys may still be in play? Should we give committable offers to some "maybe" kids, if Yearby, Sony, Cook, Hood, and a slew of other top backs we went after were still uncommitted?

Just to clarify, the year mason came out, we didn't sign a RB. Like I mentioned, though, Al was hired in mid December of that year so it's kind of tough to hold Mason against him.

Still very ****ed Miami didn't offer him. Knew he was going to be a beast when he came out of Park Vista. (where Gayot goes) Quickest first 3 steps i've ever seen from a running back. If Miami is ever going to lock down the "State Of Miami" that includes Palm Beach County. In my personal opinion Golden doesn't recruit the 561 hard enough!

So we're moaning about not signing every kid that is from Florida ,that ends up producing enough to head to the pro's? Did we even need this guy when he came out in 2011, and did he want to come here?

Leading up to 2011, we had Lamar Miller, Mike James, Eduardo Clements and Storm Johnson on the roster at the time.

Advertisement
Back