Tre’von Riggins

Maskoff407

Recruit
Looks like he’s going to decommit. BEFORE YOU ALL GO TALKING CRAP ABOUT THE STAFF’S ABILITY TO RECRUIT... It was already reported awhile ago that Miami was no longer interested in brining him in. He’s just not the player Miami needs and you should be okay with that. He’s short, slow, and not to powerful for a DT. He will need a lot of conditioning. A lot!! Along with Antonio Smith (OG) from Ocala who will probably decommit sometime soon. Riggins looks to be leaning towards Illinois and my boy said he might take an official to Louisville. So my hope is that Miami is looking to bring in players that can play now... no 2-3 years later. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
This has been known for awhile. His measurables are not what they're reported on the recruiting sites; Rivals has him at 6'4", 280, but he's barely 6'1.

It's been known for awhile that he wouldn't be a part of this class. Miami has told him to look elsewhere.

Advertisement
More than fire with this let’s go after some big boys now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I just appreciate the fact that our coaches are actually doing their own evals, whether its a good move or not doesnt even matter at this point, we did a good job of catching up on our d-tackles depth, but definitely will keep it going!

I dont like us dropping Riggins, I'm cool with smith, always good to stack quality DT's on the shelf

He's too small to play DT, and not athletic enough to play on the edge.

Just look at his ratings drop on 247. He went from a high four-star to a low three-star throughout the course of his senior season because his measurables were overblown.

Advertisement
He's too small to play DT, and not athletic enough to play on the edge.

Just look at his ratings drop on 247. He went from a high four-star to a low three-star throughout the course of his senior season because his measurables were overblown.

Or like Avantae Williams and Leonard Manual, he just didn't develop like the scouting services thought he would from his sophomore to senior year. All 3 of these kids were top 25-30 players in the country their sophomore year. Now I don't think any of them are in the top 100.

That said, you can argue that this staff is lacking in many areas re evaluations but you cant argue their DE/DT evals. They are hitting grand slams. If they say the kid doesn't have it, I gotta ride with them on it.

Advertisement
Back