Traz Powell

Advertisement
Our stadium is not the problem. They should of televised the game. Us as die hard fans want a certan amount of access to the program.
Game hasnt been televised in the last few years. Why is it a big deal this year?

Advertisement
Advertisement
The problem is having 15k fans in attendance when kids are visiting other top programs with 50-60k.. and then having to cover it up by not televising it. What other reason is there to not televise it anywhere? Its embarrassing but its the cold hard truth behind a lot of the negative recruiting you hear about, even after having the best season and recruiting class in 15 years. Lot of people on this board don't want to hear that though. Recruits are still talking about the atmosphere of the UM v ND game in hard rock, its not a stadium problem.

Something needs to be done to market this as an event in the future rather than a scrimmage. It was great having 40+ elite kids at a spring practice, but that post visit high wears off as soon as they take a trip to SEC town for their spring games. Thats lost momentum when we need to be building it.

Dead Serious

Why not bring the Hurricanes to the hood? Have Free Admittance. I am not talking the Spring Game but this weekends final scrimmage why not play it in the hood?

The stadium is literally a straight shot down 27 ave from Traz, 7-10 min drive.. Plus the stadium has the canopy to protect from the sun, the same people who would show up to traz went to the stadium. This is a nonissue.

The problem is having 15k fans in attendance when kids are visiting other top programs with 50-60k.. and then having to cover it up by not televising it. What other reason is there to not televise it anywhere? Its embarrassing but its the cold hard truth behind a lot of the negative recruiting you hear about, even after having the best season and recruiting class in 15 years. Lot of people on this board don't want to hear that though. Recruits are still talking about the atmosphere of the UM v ND game in hard rock, its not a stadium problem.

Something needs to be done to market this as an event in the future rather than a scrimmage. It was great having 40+ elite kids at a spring practice, but that post visit high wears off as soon as they take a trip to SEC town for their spring games. Thats lost momentum when we need to be building it.

If the kids are that affected by a spring game as opposed to say the atmospheres at the Notre Dame and Virginia Tech games, then I wonder about that kid. And there were a few SEC programs that had horrible attendance for their spring games.

A few years ago they went to different stadiums. This year they didn’t. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Everybody laughed at FSU for having a concert before their game, I think this is a great idea. Throw a nice short 1hour concert pregame and then roll out The Canes, that should put a few asses in the seat and well worth the money.

Advertisement
The stadium is literally a straight shot down 27 ave from Traz, 7-10 min drive.. Plus the stadium has the canopy to protect from the sun, the same people who would show up to traz went to the stadium. This is a nonissue.

I dont live in Miami and honestly never been outside the Airport on my way to see family in Jamaica.

I still feel that it would mean something to area if Miami held a Spring Scrimmage or an open Practice at Traz Powell. I get the Spring Game was Free and at Hard Rock(As it should be held every year) but a Scrimmage or an Open Practice would be magical for that area IMO

Dead Serious

Why not bring the Hurricanes to the hood? Have Free Admittance. I am not talking the Spring Game but this weekends final scrimmage why not play it in the hood?

So....the solution to our perceived attendance problem is...to have the spring game in a tiny stadium?

Sure, makes sooooo much sense...

Look, Hard Rock is not far from Traz Powell. The area around Hard Rock is not exactly "Coral Gables" or "West Palm Beach". Now that the stadium is renovated, I hope we do a ton of future activities there.

We just need better event planners. The whole day could be family-oriented and inexpensive.

If the kids are that affected by a spring game as opposed to say the atmospheres at the Notre Dame and Virginia Tech games, then I wonder about that kid. And there were a few SEC programs that had horrible attendance for their spring games.

A few years ago they went to different stadiums. This year they didn’t. It is what it is.

You're not wrong, but these kids are wishy washy. Momentum is the name of the game because a good majority of them will commit in the summer and build the foundation for the rest of the class. Last season is long gone, its all about who's trending right now to these kids.I think richt has done a good job so far, but I hope he makes more of an effort in the future in regards to our spring game.

So....the solution to our perceived attendance problem is...to have the spring game in a tiny stadium?

Sure, makes sooooo much sense...

Look, Hard Rock is not far from Traz Powell. The area around Hard Rock is not exactly "Coral Gables" or "West Palm Beach". Now that the stadium is renovated, I hope we do a ton of future activities there.

We just need better event planners. The whole day could be family-oriented and inexpensive.

I never said anything about an Attendance problem

Its more of a Community Outreach in one of the Highest talented areas in the Country where many of the players on the team played in HS.

Advertisement
Back