Trayone Gray will house runs THIS year routinely

Cane2

Band
Banned
As one not having a history of running between tackles, the bulk of first down carries may go to Gus the bus, and Joe Yearby. But, one could imagine Trayone Gray catching a tired D off guard with fresh legs after the D would have been getting a solid dose of Gus the bus and Yearby nasty cut on a dime runs. Then, Tray would take at least a half dozen long runs to the house just as he did for his 80 yard run outrunning all defenders.

Advertisement
As one not having a history of running between tackles, the bulk of first down carries may go to Gus the bus, and Joe Yearby. But, one could imagine Trayone Gray catching a tired D off guard with fresh legs after the D would have been getting a solid dose of Gus the bus and Yearby nasty cut on a dime runs. Then, Tray would take at least a half dozen long runs to the house just as he did for his 80 yard run outrunning all defenders.

I agree, he is a perfect change of pace back. to come and just blaze a defense. he could be deadly this yr

It wouldn't surprise me. Everyone who saw him in HS knew the kid had the "it" factor with the ball in his hands.

Hard to disagree. "If he can get ahold of the offense" (our staff talking). Homerun potential like no other

Advertisement
You say that, but you'll be one of the many to kill this kid when he inevitably fumbles in a big spot.

He's still learning the position, you donkeys need to learn that it's more about technique than you care to acknowledge

Advertisement
Yes but against crappy competition. The Oline is gonna get worked in most games so, no, he won't.

This. Ain't no edge in CFB, especially against the good teams. Most the big runs come from between the tackles.

Shawnbrey Mcneal (sp?) had his sickest run ever jumping over players between the tackles. Trayone could be that type of back, with about the same amount of burn.

We need a Damian Berry type. That kid was a beast.

You say that, but you'll be one of the many to kill this kid when he inevitably fumbles in a big spot.
He's still learning the position, you donkeys need to learn that it's more about technique than you care to acknowledge

Ice has the RB chair now and since he's been tutoring RBs toting the rock, fumbles have reduced exponentially; you're thinking TEs?

Yes but against crappy competition. The Oline is gonna get worked in most games so, no, he won't.

This. Ain't no edge in CFB, especially against the good teams. Most the big runs come from between the tackles.

Shawnbrey Mcneal (sp?) had his sickest run ever jumping over players between the tackles. Trayone could be that type of back, with about the same amount of burn.

We need a Damian Berry type. That kid was a beast.

For many years, even when it looked like we didn't have much quality, our oline has done a good job.

When it comes down to it, Coach Kehoe has done great job making chicken soup out of chicken craps from starters going down and Freshmen stepping up. My money is on Kehoe getting the big uglies ready; even still, many of the sophomores have played lots of snap, if not starting a game here and there. I ain't scurred for 'em.

Advertisement
I don't remember the numbers, is he actually faster than Gus and Yearby? Either way, I'm good with the kid even if his touchdowns are in garbage time.

Advertisement
I remember when he was being recruited, their were some evaluators who said if he had played receiver his whole career in High School he would have been the best in the state, the same was said about him if he played running back. No doubt he is a baller and a game changing talent.

I remember when he was being recruited, their were some evaluators who said if he had played receiver his whole career in High School he would have been the best in the state, the same was said about him if he played running back. No doubt he is a baller and a game changing talent.

He sounds like a free-lancer.

No room for that in our ofriendfence.

Advertisement
Back