Trayone Gray On His Way!!

Advertisement
In my very biased opinion, Gray at WR >>> Lane, Dixon, and maybe Rudolph

Thread,

What are your thoughts on getting him some touches out of the backfield? Percy Harvin type of X-Back if you will.

Not Thread Killa, but you get him the ball ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE and let him do his thing.

this past class the only playmaker to me on Grays level was Cook and we got the bigger version....... get him the ******* ball

Thread,

What are your thoughts on getting him some touches out of the backfield? Percy Harvin type of X-Back if you will.

Not Thread Killa, but you get him the ball ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE and let him do his thing.

this past class the only playmaker to me on Grays level was Cook and we got the bigger version....... get him the ******* ball

And Cook was at BTW, getting much better coaching and in a considerably better strength and conditioning program! So to me, Gray has more upside

Thread,

this past class the only playmaker to me on Grays level was Cook and we got the bigger version....... get him the ****ing ball

And Cook was at BTW, getting much better coaching and in a considerably better strength and conditioning program! So to me, Gray has more upside

That's a very good point. BTW's program was far ahead of CC in terms of coaching, S&C, etc. Also, Gray was playing mostly QB at CC IIRC, which Im sure limited his ability to show his stuff and refine it. But his size, athleticism, moves, and moves are elite. His speed is ok, but the kid just makes plays.

I don't expect him to be much of a factor this year though. If he does make it in, and I pray he does, I suspect he will RS. He's been solely dedicated to getting his grades in order, so he has not had the benefits of doing much 7v7, off season conditioning, learning the playbook, etc. He's going to be behind the curve in fall practice. But with a year in the weight room, and learning the playbook, I think this kid is going to be a superstar as an RFrosh. Imagine him and Coley lined up on opposite sides. Coley's speed, and Gray's size and moves. Toss in Barrios in the slot, with his quickness, and our air attack is going to be fearsome. Just need a QB to step up and make it all happen.

Advertisement
cook at btw? wasn't cook at central like always- cause i remember seeing him as a youngin winning state for central.

I never understood why this guy was a 3 star athlete instead of a 4 star, the recruiting services really missed on this young mans potential.

Thread,

this past class the only playmaker to me on Grays level was Cook and we got the bigger version....... get him the ****ing ball

That's a very good point. BTW's program was far ahead of CC in terms of coaching, S&C, etc. Also, Gray was playing mostly QB at CC IIRC, which Im sure limited his ability to show his stuff and refine it. But his size, athleticism, moves, and moves are elite. His speed is ok, but the kid just makes plays.

I don't expect him to be much of a factor this year though. If he does make it in, and I pray he does, I suspect he will RS. He's been solely dedicated to getting his grades in order, so he has not had the benefits of doing much 7v7, off season conditioning, learning the playbook, etc. He's going to be behind the curve in fall practice. But with a year in the weight room, and learning the playbook, I think this kid is going to be a superstar as an RFrosh. Imagine him and Coley lined up on opposite sides. Coley's speed, and Gray's size and moves. Toss in Barrios in the slot, with his quickness, and our air attack is going to be fearsome. Just need a QB to step up and make it all happen.

Y'all, Cook went to Central.

Cook went to Central.

As for CCHS, them boys are cut from a different cloth. The teams have been mediocre, but there's a common thread with all the top guys that have come from there the past 10-15 years: Moss, Moss, Hurns, KP, RJF, Gray, et al...they are all humble dudes who go to work. No primadona stuff with those kids (mostly). They get to school, put their heads down and work their tails off.

Advertisement
Matt Porter @mattyports ·
In case you were wondering: Asked yesterday about ATH Trayone Gray. UM still expects him to be there for camp, but no further update. Yet.

Cook went to Central.

As for CCHS, them boys are cut from a different cloth. The teams have been mediocre, but there's a common thread with all the top guys that have come from there the past 10-15 years: Moss, Moss, Hurns, KP, RJF, Gray, et al...they are all humble dudes who go to work. No primadona stuff with those kids (mostly). They get to school, put their heads down and work their tails off.

I absolutely agree with you, with the one exception ironically being the biggest prima donna of them all (Willie Williams).

Wish we could have 20 CCHS kids on the roster at a time.

Agree on WW, but he was at Pace most of his HS career.

He's definitely the outlier.

Man, Gray is a stud but lets pump the breaks here. Lane and Rudolph were studs. Ill give you that I like Gray more than Dixon, who was a stud in his own right, but c'mon now. That is not to say that Gray cant end up the best of the bunch but lets not get out of hand. That is like FSU saying Featherstone is better than Chad Thomas, Featherstone has a crazy ceiling but once again c'mon now.

Lastly I really hope they try him out at RB first. We need a bruiser there, since it appears that Gus is more of a finesse runner. We need that big back we missed in the cheerleader and Cook, and I think Gray could be that guy. If it doesnt work out there, throw him in WR, but we need RBs not WRs this year and Gray is versatile enough to play both. Bigtime and needed talent here

Advertisement
Man, Gray is a stud but lets pump the breaks here. Lane and Rudolph were studs. Ill give you that I like Gray more than Dixon, who was a stud in his own right, but c'mon now. That is not to say that Gray cant end up the best of the bunch but lets not get out of hand. That is like FSU saying Featherstone is better than Chad Thomas, Featherstone has a crazy ceiling but once again c'mon now.

Lastly I really hope they try him out at RB first. We need a bruiser there, since it appears that Gus is more of a finesse runner. We need that big back we missed in the cheerleader and Cook, and I think Gray could be that guy. If it doesnt work out there, throw him in WR, but we need RBs not WRs this year and Gray is versatile enough to play both. Bigtime and needed talent here

Id take gray over dixon and lane, not rudolph, he is a stud

So was Gray not ranked high because of playing QB? Or just not going to camps? I know rankings don't necessarily matter in the end but I was just curious as I'm not from South Florida.

Advertisement
So was Gray not ranked high because of playing QB? Or just not going to camps? I know rankings don't necessarily matter in the end but I was just curious as I'm not from South Florida.

Pretty much.

Crappy team
Played QB
Didn't go to too many camps
No all star games

That actually was a big factor in both ways and you have to think if he plays purely at wr or rb you cant say that he'd not get big time offers. **** Tyre Brady played 1 year of ball and was getting some SEC offers and he's not the athlete Gray is at all so imagine if Gray wouldve played one of those positions

It was not going to camps but it was mostly his grades more than anything. Most big time programs didnt give him the time of day because they didnt think he was gonna get in, you couple that with him playing on a meh team and no camp visits, which means no exposure, and you got the ranking he got. 247 was the only site that had him as a solid 4 star, which is exactly where he should be, I still dont see the next level athlete many on here see, but he could play and excel at any program.

Reminds me of a movie where the hero disarms the bomb with seconds remaining. Gray down to the wire! What about Darrell Langham? Feeling him too.

Advertisement
Back