Trayone Gray - Did he Sign LOI ?

Lauderdale

Redshirt Freshman
The official hurricane website does not list him and he just maybe the best athlete we received a commitment from. I understand he may not qualify but that would come later why isn't he listed?

Advertisement
The official hurricane website does not list him and he just maybe the best athlete we received a commitment from. I understand he may not qualify but that would come later why isn't he listed?

Did they even give him one, did not look like it was on the table.

Advertisement
Dieter Kurtenbach ‏@dkurtenbach 4m
Here’s Trayone Gray signing — IDK what the hold-up is. RT @jbizzum: Official signing of Trayone CHOC GRAY

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 1m
I can confirm Trayone Gray trading cards are currently being added to the #Canes National Signing Day trading card packs. #PBCrecruiting

Advertisement
They list him as a WR in the text, but then on the trading card....

191.jpg

Pete, D$, anyone...question.

If it has been evident to those on the recruiting trail that he will almost definitely fail to qualify, why did UM still have him sign? Is there actually ANY chance he gets in? Is it a bad look for a school to make a scholly offer to a kid with academic questions only to pull the offer? If the past is any indication, Golden at least has the ball$ to pull one, even if it was stupid. So I'm just lost on this one.

Is it worth having him sign to prevent him from going elsewhere, and taking the chance after a year of prep?

Advertisement
Pete, D$, anyone...question.

If it has been evident to those on the recruiting trail that he will almost definitely fail to qualify, why did UM still have him sign? Is there actually ANY chance he gets in? Is it a bad look for a school to make a scholly offer to a kid with academic questions only to pull the offer? If the past is any indication, Golden at least has the ball$ to pull one, even if it was stupid. So I'm just lost on this one.

Is it worth having him sign to prevent him from going elsewhere, and taking the chance after a year of prep?

I believe I read Pete say something like, they have him sign so that when he goes to Prep or JC, Miami can say, we stuck with you and were with you the whole way, so that way he would sign with Miami once he gets the grades/test scores.

Any chance our admissions dept can do us a favor for once? I'll lose it if I have to see another Cane commit ball out for Marshall.

Advertisement
Back