Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Lol exactly..imo it’s a lateral move unless he kills it..DC position at UCF equals a on field position at Miami. That’s just my opinion. But if he kills it it’s a great opportunity for him to move up in the ranks..too most ppl it’s a vertical move off the bat. If he kills, yes. If not he’ll be back coaching LBs imo. But it certainly looks good on his resume
Yup. He probably views it as a necessary next rung on the ladder towards being a DC at a P5.

Advertisement
You always take the promotion to DC from position coach even if its with a G5 team as long as they are not at the bottom. In this case, its a very good G5 team that would sit middle of the pack in P5 anyway.

Yeah obviously this would sting if it was a lateral move from Miami to UCF but he got a promotion in title and an upgrade in pay. Its not easy to break that ceiling from position coach to coordinator, there are limited opportunities. Especially if you have no experience as a coordinator and your coaching LBs. If you get one, you **** right take it.

No brainer decision for T-Will to take the opportunity at UCF. A promotion to DC, higher salary, at a name G5 program with a name HC he had been working for the past number of years. In the same state he’s already familiar with. Also, a job he should be able to hold until the next career opportunity presents itself. Gus M. will be there quite awhile I suspect, unless another P5/SEC HC job is offered, and he may take T-Will with him.

Plus, as an offensive-minded HC Gus M is likely to give T-Will full control, as opposed to a defensive-minded HC (like Manny).

I would understand the board’s anger had he jumped to lower-tier G5 directional school. We’re just upset because T-Will was a considerable improvement to the staff and he was pulled away suddenly. Mario flashbacks.

Now we see who Manny can hire as a replacement...

First of all...
No.

Ultimately the DC decides who the **** we recruit at Linebacker. Position coaches don't make the ultimate decision on that. Position coaches like a guy, they bring him to the attention of the DC, and they go from there.

Second of all...
"He could easily have been" is purely YOUR speculation. Unless Manny himself told him that, it's far from a guarantee.

Every person who coaches for a living would agree with this. Even Manny told him to take it.
Only you orange & green goggle wearing MF'ers think this is a bad move.

He has no guarantee of being a DC here. However, if he goes to UCF and kills it, it can sky rocket his value and he can have his pick of almost anywhere in the country. (including Miami)

He has no allegiance to the University of Miami. When yall MF'ers gonna realize that coaches and kids don't love this University like yall do?

the DC more than likely will be shoop. for ***** sake, I hope people grasp that.

and your last point is correct. T-Wills biggest loyalty is to AU and AU alone imo. its where he went to school, its where he spent most of his career. he'd still be at AU if the current staff kept him. I do think he'd jump to UCF even if he stayed at AU as lb coach, too. he wants to be a DC and possibly HC not be a career position coach like Raymond. he got a promotion. A DC job esp at a place like UCF (AAC is basically a p5 conference) is a good gig and hes coaching under a person hes been with and will have FULL control is Gus doesn't know his head from his *** on defense

Advertisement
No brainer decision for T-Will to take the opportunity at UCF. A promotion to DC, higher salary, at a name G5 program with a name HC he had been working for the past number of years. In the same state he’s already familiar with. Also, a job he should be able to hold until the next career opportunity presents itself. Gus M. will be there quite awhile I suspect, unless another P5/SEC HC job is offered, and he may take T-Will with him.

Plus, as an offensive-minded HC Gus M is likely to give T-Will full control, as opposed to a defensive-minded HC (like Manny).

I would understand the board’s anger had he jumped to lower-tier G5 directional school. We’re just upset because T-Will was a considerable improvement to the staff and he was pulled away suddenly. Mario flashbacks.

Now we see who Manny can hire as a replacement...

Exactly... guy is getting his chance to be a DC...

My question if Manny got nervous and suddenly promoted Twill to DC to retain him how many on this board would have freaked out or complained?

My question if Manny got nervous and suddenly promoted Twill to DC to retain him how many on this board would have freaked out or complained?

I wouldn’t freak out, but I’m already on the record as saying, before he went to UCF and everyone was still up in the air, that it would be a totally weak move to do something like that

Didn't you know that hiring a position coach who wasn't retained by a failed program and then giving him a huge raise and promotion to DC if it looks like another program is showing interest is a hallmark of "big boy football programs"?

Advertisement

Well that means they are trying to win RIGHT NOW at UCF if TWill's UCF Contract is only a 2 year contract. UCF is gonna be hitting the Transfer for their last 4 spots and probably trying to talk a few Floridian players in the transfer portal to come to UCF as preferred walksons or to be 2022 greyshirts.

Go Canes

Last edited:
The DC job at Miami has already been decided, look no further then the man playing the mild mannered Analyst as our next DC. Im sure everyone on the staff is aware of this and thus T-WILL Reason to make a career move to UCF.. Congrads to the man for jumping on success.

I hope Blake made UCF pay Twill's full buyout. UCF is about to pay Randy Shannon $1+MM to kick rocks, and UCF is also getting money from Tennessee for taking Josh Heupel from them.

Go Canes

First of all...
No.

Ultimately the DC decides who the **** we recruit at Linebacker. Position coaches don't make the ultimate decision on that. Position coaches like a guy, they bring him to the attention of the DC, and they go from there.

Second of all...
"He could easily have been" is purely YOUR speculation. Unless Manny himself told him that, it's far from a guarantee.

Every person who coaches for a living would agree with this. Even Manny told him to take it.
Only you orange & green goggle wearing MF'ers think this is a bad move.

He has no guarantee of being a DC here. However, if he goes to UCF and kills it, it can sky rocket his value and he can have his pick of almost anywhere in the country. (including Miami)

He has no allegiance to the University of Miami. When yall MF'ers gonna realize that coaches and kids don't love this University like yall do?
Also he has more time there. As in if he stood here and we have a bad year he's probably looking for a job. Where as at UCF he's guaranteed probably four years from the rip. Macho is right coaches and players don't love the university/teams like we do. That's just facts

Advertisement
Also he has more time there. As in if he stood here and we have a bad year he's probably looking for a job. Where as at UCF he's guaranteed probably four years from the rip. Macho is right coaches and players don't love the university/teams like we do. That's just facts

hes got 2 years, but he got the job he was seeking coming here (a dc job at his next stop from miami). he didnt have to spend time as a position coach any longer to get it either. 2 years as a DC is better than 0 years as a dc and hes not a bum program either

hes got 2 years, but he got the job he was seeking coming here (a dc job at his next stop from miami). he didnt have to spend time as a position coach any longer to get it either. 2 years as a DC is better than 0 years as a dc and hes not a bum program either
The UCF job is safer though if u think about it. New staff and trash expectations that's a guaranteed four years. If he comes here Manny fails bang he's out looking for a job at the same time next year. He wasn't the DC here and probably was never going to get it cause Manny ain't letting it go.

Edit: if we were name then I understand if he left it wouldn't make any sense. Even though they were bad defensively this season it was enough and they make u look good with the athletes. U have to be a complete ****** to ***** that up. Butch made alot of guys look good who weren't cut out for it.

The UCF job is safer though if u think about it. New staff and trash expectations that's a guaranteed four years. If he comes here Manny fails bang he's out looking for a job at the same time next year. He wasn't the DC here and probably was never going to get it cause Manny ain't letting it go.

well manny is letting it go but not to an inexperienced position coach (no prior DC exp that is). its going to be shoop for now

Advertisement
Yall love ****ting on Randy but our LB play was way better the last time he was here.

I don't like him for our open LB position though. I want a recruiter.
Is there one school that has 3 D1 LB prospects? If so Randy could be a good fit

Majority by my calculations

Yall love ****ting on Randy but our LB play was way better the last time he was here.

I don't like him for our open LB position though. I want a recruiter.
His first year you had Gooden who was a physical freak imo..Colin, Spence, sharpton all played together ..you had a couple highly touted guys who didn’t reach their potential in futch and Ramon Buchanan.. that’s it’s under HC randy/Mike. Loved Colin and Sean, but the lbs under his watch had some head scratching performances. And you could argue the whole unit’s performance, which was very takentd was subpar given the talent we had. A defense that at a given point fielded:
Bailey
Vernon
Joeseph
Colin
Spence
Brandon harris
DVD
Sam (granted 1 year at cb)
Ray Ray
Joe Joe RIP
Ryan Hill
Etc etc
Just leaving it too lb play/production I’d say besides last szns, manny’s Linebackers have been unpar if not slightly better. But Randy’s kids were definitely more talented overall

Advertisement
Back