Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Yall love ****ting on Randy but our LB play was way better the last time he was here.

I don't like him for our open LB position though. I want a recruiter.
Randy recruited zero LBs in '07. In '08 he signed 3 'rush end' LBs (Hardin, Harper, M. Rob, plus A. Brown, Marti, Kane, Futch, Spence. Of that group, Hardin, Harper, Marti, Kane never played a significant down here, A. Brown and Futch didn't do much. M. Rob was okay. Spence was the only good eval. In '09, Randy only brought in Ray Ray Armstrong, and we tried to put him at DB. In '10, he signed Cain, Cornelius, Travis Williams (never enrolled) and Nelson. Randy may have been a good LB coach. He wasn't a good evaluator.

Advertisement
Randy recruited zero LBs in '07. In '08 he signed 3 'rush end' LBs (Hardin, Harper, M. Rob, plus A. Brown, Marti, Kane, Futch, Spence. Of that group, Hardin, Harper, Marti, Kane never played a significant down here, A. Brown and Futch didn't do much. M. Rob was okay. Spence was the only good eval. In '09, Randy only brought in Ray Ray Armstrong, and we tried to put him at DB. In '10, he signed Cain, Cornelius, Travis Williams (never enrolled) and Nelson. Randy may have been a good LB coach. He wasn't a good evaluator.

If you look at Randy’s total history as a recruiter, even taking his first year into consideration, it’s not great.

I repeat...

Our LB play was significantly better last time he was here.

Advertisement
I'm telling you bro, it's like some of these people like Timebum just don't get it, although they think they do. Idiots.
@TimeB0mb
You're saying that being a position coach at Miami is better than being a Defensive Coordinator, being able to construct your own defense, call the plays, control your own destiny, recruit whoever the **** you want, etc etc etc?

You're saying that being a position coach at Miami is better than being a Defensive Coordinator, being able to construct your own defense, call the plays, control your own destiny, recruit whoever the **** you want, etc etc etc?
He could recruit who the **** he wanted at Miami so don't give me that ****. I'm saying being the DC at Miami far TF outweighs being the DC at UCF, which he could easily have been next year had he stayed here. Time will tell if his decision to go to Maltzahn as DC will have him on the level of that Miami could have if he'd stayed.

Advertisement
He could recruit who the **** he wanted at Miami so don't give me that ****. I'm saying being the DC at Miami far TF outweighs being the DC at UCF, which he could easily have been next year had he stayed here. Time will tell if his decision to go to Maltzahn as DC will have him on the level of that Miami could have if he'd stayed.
First of all...
No.

Ultimately the DC decides who the **** we recruit at Linebacker. Position coaches don't make the ultimate decision on that. Position coaches like a guy, they bring him to the attention of the DC, and they go from there.

Second of all...
"He could easily have been" is purely YOUR speculation. Unless Manny himself told him that, it's far from a guarantee.

Every person who coaches for a living would agree with this. Even Manny told him to take it.
Only you orange & green goggle wearing MF'ers think this is a bad move.

He has no guarantee of being a DC here. However, if he goes to UCF and kills it, it can sky rocket his value and he can have his pick of almost anywhere in the country. (including Miami)

He has no allegiance to the University of Miami. When yall MF'ers gonna realize that coaches and kids don't love this University like yall do?

Bruh this happens a lot more then ppl realize in the coaching ranks. And frankly I don’t blame him for taking this opportunity. Now, I agree with u, in a perfect world be a man of your word and if you commit to a job stay with your commitment. But this the real world and this happens. He feels it’s a lateral move for his career. Literally nothing manny and co can do. It even looks bad to bad mouth him about it on his way out. It is what it is...this is exactly why I don’t get in my feelings when HS recruits decommit or play the field. Cause coaches will do the same
Lateral means it’s an equal or sideways moving situation. You mean he thinks it’s a step up to take a DC job at UCF and I can’t blame him.

Advertisement
It was, but the recruiting landscape has evolved since then. He may be an adequate LB coach, but are you sold on his recruiting?
Didn't he alienate a host of South Florida high school coaches when he was HC? Rightly or wrongly, I don't believe we heard the same things about Randy...i.e...."I'm not sending my kids there" as we did with Golden, Richt, or Diaz.

First of all...
No.

Ultimately the DC decides who the **** we recruit at Linebacker. Position coaches don't make the ultimate decision on that. Position coaches like a guy, they bring him to the attention of the DC, and they go from there.

Second of all...
"He could easily have been" is purely YOUR speculation. Unless Manny himself told him that, it's far from a guarantee.

Every person who coaches for a living would agree with this. Even Manny told him to take it.
Only you orange & green goggle wearing MF'ers think this is a bad move.

He has no guarantee of being a DC here. However, if he goes to UCF and kills it, it can sky rocket his value and he can have his pick of almost anywhere in the country. (including Miami)

He has no allegiance to the University of Miami. When yall MF'ers gonna realize that coaches and kids don't love this University like yall do?
I love these arguments trying to turn it on Manny because the LB’s coach accepted the DC job at UCF and then they try to make it like he essentially chose the UCF DC job over the Miami DC job even though he wasn’t offered the UM DC job.

Advertisement
Lateral means it’s an equal or sideways moving situation. You mean he thinks it’s a step up to take a DC job at UCF and I can’t blame him.
Lol exactly..imo it’s a lateral move unless he kills it..DC position at UCF equals a on field position at Miami. That’s just my opinion. But if he kills it it’s a great opportunity for him to move up in the ranks..too most ppl it’s a vertical move off the bat. If he kills, yes. If not he’ll be back coaching LBs imo. But it certainly looks good on his resume

Advertisement
Back