Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Turning a guy getting a promotion and working with a guy he's familiar with into a discussion about lack of coaching trees being an issue and "you don't let a G5 team take a position coach" is pure CIS nonsense. Since we're so in tune to Diaz's coaching tree did anyone know that he and Shoop wanted to work together? Or because we didn't see them on staffs together through a quick wiki check that means they had no connection at all right? Like Diaz aint ever been to a coaching conference, shared ideas and talked to other coaches before.

"How will friendless and treeless Manny Diaz ever hire a qualified coach or get him to stay?"

Advertisement
Lol why would anyone need to turn down a promotion and a pay raise? He needs to get to the next level. I’d hate for him to go, but dam, good for him if it’s for that. He’s worked his entire life to get more. I hope he gets it. In two years 😂
You can’t read can you?

I’d make a joke and say that instead of enforcing a buyout provision we should send Jennings and McCloud with TWill; However, I’m concerned that TRob’s bestie leaving after 3 weeks is a horrible locker room indicator. no Bueno
Don’t think there’s been much happening in the locker room these last couple days. Also, the locker room indicator that matters is players returning, not coaches turning down promotions.

Advertisement
Indicator of what? He left for a better position and to be with his boy Gus. It’s not that deep.
You could argue that if all you UM fans so easily accept that an assistant job at UCF is better than an assistant job at UM, then that in and of itself is an indicator of a deep problem with the perception of UM.

The same guys spreading their cheeks so willingly for the idea that UCF is a better job for him than UM would likely be claiming Sabag was losing it if one of his guys split fir UCF.

You think he takes a DC job at UCF over UM.

stop the madness. If he’d taken LB coach at UCF that’s something that would be a convo
You could argue that if all you UM fans so easily accept that an assistant job at UCF is better than an assistant job at UM, then that in and of itself is an indicator of a deep problem with the perception of UM.

The same guys spreading their cheeks so willingly for the idea that UCF is a better job for him than UM would likely be claiming Sabag was losing it if one of his guys split fir UCF.

The **** are some of you talkin' about?

If you're a position coach and your boy offers you the DC job at his new gig, you take the DC job.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Some of yall need to un-glue the orange & green glasses from your face.

Advertisement
The DC spot under Malzahn at UCF is not a no-brainer career move to me. Obviously, TWill views it differently. I still strongly question our defensive coaching staff. Time will tell if TWill also had reason to question it. It should not take long for us to get that answer. We play Mack Brown and Sam Howell again next year.
The absolute best case scenario any fan base can hope for is that other schools want to hire away your assistants, especially for promotions. It means your HC can find, and more importantly land, quality assistants.

Your take is bordering on silly. Do you think the HC fvcked something up when a 1st rounder leaves after his Jr season? Is Rousseau leaving early because the locker room is broken? Same ****.

The **** are some of you talkin' about?

If you're a position coach and your boy offers you the DC job at his new gig, you take the DC job.

dos equis facepalm GIF by Dos Equis Gifs to the World

Some of yall need to un-glue the orange & green glasses from your face.
The usual suspects. Guys turning this into a position Job at Miami is better than a dc job at the best g5. It isn’t. The dc job is a promotion

Advertisement
You made a silly comparison on yet another episode of "Mopes and Dopes." There is no absolutely issue with a G5 outbidding a P5 when the G5 wants to hire a particular coach as a DC and the P5 is looking at that coach as position coach. Randy Shannon was the 24th highest paid assistant coach in CFB and the top paid G5 DC at 1 mil per year. UCF pays just as much as many P5 schools. The mongoloids like to keep bringing up that UCF is a G5 because it suits their mope narrative despite UCF paying just as much as a large percentage of P5 schools for coaches. T-Will had a certain price as a LB coach. Miami had no interest in him as a DC. If UCF wants to pay him a DC salary, good for them. Miami shouldnt pay T-Will a G5 DC salary to be a position coach. Miami didn't lose a bidding war to UCF because weren't both trying to hire T-Will as a DC.
I think I’ve come around to your line of thinking. There is something to be said for hanging onto assistants, but where is the line? A head coach.. yea, break the bank. But a position coach, leaving for a promotion? No.

I bought into the CIS hype machine on this guy too.. but whatever, there’s plenty of great recruiters out there. Find one of em. And the $500k you’d have to give T-Will to stay... stuff it into a bunch of bags.

Advertisement
its bc guys hate Manny no matter what (even if **** was out of his control). you don't overpay or over promote a position coach just bc he got an offer as a dc elsewhere. you can find similar elsewhere for the same money or less.
we over promoted a DC to HC, twice! If it was good enough to do for Manny I don't see why the same people making those kinds of decisions wouldn't make the same type of position here? I am not disagreeing with your point, I am simply exposing our biggest problem with this organization, our hiring practices and our BOT.

we over promoted a DC to HC, twice! If it was good enough to do for Manny I don't see why the same people making those kinds of decisions wouldn't make the same type of position here? I am not disagreeing with your point, I am simply exposing our biggest problem with this organization, our hiring practices and our BOT.

maybe we've learned? Manny and this team cant afford to promote a guy to his first DC job here. its year 3 for a HC w no extension. you brought in shoop as an analyst to possibly take over the DC role next year. why make a good position coach a DC when hes never been one and you have an option in your room already for that role?

Advertisement
Back