Travis Williams Officially Gone!

I never mentioned promoting him to DC. TimeBum made that **** up like he does everything else. All I said was you don't get outbid by a G5 program for one of your coaches.

You made a silly comparison on yet another episode of "Mopes and Dopes." There is no absolutely issue with a G5 outbidding a P5 when the G5 wants to hire a particular coach as a DC and the P5 is looking at that coach as position coach. Randy Shannon was the 24th highest paid assistant coach in CFB and the top paid G5 DC at 1 mil per year. UCF pays just as much as many P5 schools. The mongoloids like to keep bringing up that UCF is a G5 because it suits their mope narrative despite UCF paying just as much as a large percentage of P5 schools for coaches. T-Will had a certain price as a LB coach. Miami had no interest in him as a DC. If UCF wants to pay him a DC salary, good for them. Miami shouldnt pay T-Will a G5 DC salary to be a position coach. Miami didn't lose a bidding war to UCF because weren't both trying to hire T-Will as a DC.

Advertisement
Optics look horrible. You couldn’t keep a positional coach who you just hired 14 days prior.

maybe he say the philosophy and wanted out.

A move to G5 with a proven failure head coach in Malzan? Not smart. There was more to the situation.
That ‘proven failure’ of a HC is a lot better rainmaker for many cfb careers than Manny is. Coaching is a network business and we hired a guy with no USB ports.

We really have people that have talked themselves into a gig at UCF as being a step up. At least he was here longer than mandy was at Temple.

We need Jess Simpson to pull some NFL strings for us and bring in a NFL LB coach that receives Co-DC $$$. NFL guys usually don't care for the recruiting aspect of CFB but with TRob and DVD we should be fine with DEF recruiting even if the NFL coach isn't a hall of fame recruiter. We need an elite LB developer, IMO the recruiting aspect of it should be the 2nd priority.
lmao. like our real problem has been not ‘developing’ the LBs. good thing we ‘developed’ rousseau, phillips and roche.

Advertisement
You made a silly comparison on yet another episode of "Mopes and Dopes." There is no absolutely issue with a G5 outbidding a P5 when the G5 wants to hire a particular coach as a DC and the P5 is looking at that coach as position coach. Randy Shannon was the 24th highest paid assistant coach in CFB and the top paid G5 DC at 1 mil per year. UCF pays just as much as many P5 schools. The mongoloids like to keep bringing up that UCF is a G5 because it suits their mope narrative despite UCF paying just as much as a large percentage of P5 schools for coaches. T-Will had a certain price as a LB coach. Miami had no interest in him as a DC. If UCF wants to pay him a DC salary, good for them. Miami shouldnt pay T-Will a G5 DC salary to be a position coach. Miami didn't lose a bidding war to UCF because weren't both trying to hire T-Will as a DC.
Zzzzzzzz

So DC anywhere is an upgrade over P5 position coach at a marquee program? I'd be interested to see how many UCF DCs went on to become HCs versus UM position coaches who went on to become HCs.
How many position corches has nick saban lost within 2 weeks of hiring them?

Advertisement
How many position corches has nick saban lost within 2 weeks of hiring them?

Hey that's a great question. You know another great one? How many has Diaz lost within 2 weeks of hiring them? Right now the number is zero. Oh- there was one Miami-Bama defection on Diaz's watch. Sabans pick for OC left Bama to be Diazs OC without even telling him he was leaving. So by CIS logic, that must mean assistant coaches respect Diaz more than Saban. Is that the point you were intending to make?

Advertisement
Yeah I get it it’s a promotion to DC yada yada. The same way x south Florida recruit that chooses an SEC school that hasn’t won anything in 40 years but is hot now.

If recruits and coaches would stay and build something the skies the limit for their opportunities.

Players were winning big on exciting memorable teams and getting drafted left and right, and all of our assistants were getting huge jobs following. It’s the power of south Florida football funneling to one place.

It’s just frustrating because we’re struggling to build a foundation because of that short sighted approach of players and coaches.

I guess that’s what you get from decades of administrative neglect. No one sees the true potential anymore.

That said, if Manny’s really the guy this one coach dipping shouldn’t be the end all. Good head coaches have an eye for talented assistants and can get them to come. Good programs deal with this turnover all the time. Difference is they were able to build a foundation of great coaching before the carousel began.

Advertisement
I’d make a joke and say that instead of enforcing a buyout provision we should send Jennings and McCloud with TWill; However, I’m concerned that TRob’s bestie leaving after 3 weeks is a horrible locker room indicator. no Bueno
Indicator of what? He left for a better position and to be with his boy Gus. It’s not that deep.

Indicator of what? He left for a better position and to be with his boy Gus. It’s not that deep.
Seriously... The dude was barely here for 2-3 weeks.... didn't even coach a practice, YES WE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE, but somehow this gets twisted to poppycock scenarios.... Geezzz , the world isn't that difficult a place to understand...

Optics look horrible. You couldn’t keep a positional coach who you just hired 14 days prior.

maybe he say the philosophy and wanted out.

A move to G5 with a proven failure head coach in Malzan? Not smart. There was more to the situation.
Let me ask you this, you don’t think he knew what he was getting into beforehand? You think he just took the job here without doing research. He has more loyalty to gus than he ever would to Manny. I think he wanted to be here but it’s a business at the end of the day.

Advertisement
Back