Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Advertisement
We need Jess Simpson to pull some NFL strings for us and bring in a NFL LB coach that receives Co-DC $$$. NFL guys usually don't care for the recruiting aspect of CFB but with TRob and DVD we should be fine with DEF recruiting even if the NFL coach isn't a hall of fame recruiter. We need an elite LB developer, IMO the recruiting aspect of it should be the 2nd priority.

Which is really the whole of it. Moving Patke to LBs coach then means Diaz would hire what? A striker coach/specials teams coordinator? Doesn't make much sense when you could hire a DC/LB coach combo or simply an LB coach.
Probably what he does though...because then it clears the path for bringing Shoop on-field for next year. Patke will slide to LBs/ST coach and STR will likely get grouped with TRobs Secondary.

Advertisement
We need Jess Simpson to pull some NFL strings for us and bring in a NFL LB coach that receives Co-DC $$$. NFL guys usually don't care for the recruiting aspect of CFB but with TRob and DVD we should be fine with DEF recruiting even if the NFL coach isn't a hall of fame recruiter. We need an elite LB developer, IMO the recruiting aspect of it should be the 2nd priority.
need both (recruiter and developer)

Anyone got good in-depth intel on these guys:

Ishmael Aristide TAMU - A CB coach by trade. Currently an analyst.

Deonte Gibson - MTSU. I know we hate G5 coaches but it’s worth a look.

Chidera Uzo-Diribe - at Kansas. Looks to be a solid recruiter, what’s his development like?

Solutions not whine time now..

Advertisement
He even got a head start on evaluating the plan B South Florida recruits that are on our bored, which are the ones more likely to consider Central Florida, considering he’s gonna be recruiting Florida heavily now 🤦🏿‍♂️
He was already recruiting FL at Auburn.

He got Octavius Brothers from us in the 2019 class out of Rockledge.

Anyone got good in-depth intel on these guys:

Ishmael Aristide TAMU - A CB coach by trade. Currently an analyst.

Deonte Gibson - MTSU. I know we hate G5 coaches but it’s worth a look.

Chidera Uzo-Diribe - at Kansas. Looks to be a solid recruiter, what’s his development like?

Solutions not whine time now..
I look at it like this. I thought T Will was an excellent hire. I never heard of him before January. I’m sure there are some other T Will type guys out there. Manny is looking I’m sure.

I look at it like this. I thought T Will was an excellent hire. I never heard of him before January. I’m sure there are some other T Will type guys out there. Manny is looking I’m sure.
True. One thing that I think gets lost in all of this is to trust the moves Manny makes. He really is about restoring University of Miami back to “Tha U”. I completely trust his moves and judgment. He got this..

Manny's making the right coaching moves. You want guys who are in demand. The way he keeps them is by having a depth chart that is going to help them build their resume so their next job offer is even more plum than what's dangling in front of them.

I know that's partially circular logic. But it's how great orgs are built. The product and org needs to sell itself to recruit and retain the best leaders.

Advertisement
death will GIF

So we Byke????

Advertisement
Can't miss what never happened✌🏿wasn't going to be here long anyway if this is the case. Let's get someone in here that's just as capable and wants to be here. No need to panic like some are doing. Your move Manny, let's get it.

Advertisement
Back