Travis Williams Officially Gone!

You sound like a lawyer, not a business person.

I am 1000% sure that not every manager making a hiring decision (or company involved in them) ask for a 1 year commitment, despite your being convinced to the contrary.

So, we're at an impasse. You think every head coach and hirer asks for this. I say 'not true.'

Taking about remedies is irrelevant because no one suggested there was a contractual remedy to debate here. There are ways to handle that, but that's not what is at issue here.
Just to be clear - what is at issue?

Your gut feeling that Diaz did not ask for a commitment from Williams?

Advertisement
Here’s a good test to see how much Miami really wants to compete in football. Will they come up with the money, and possibly job title, to keep someone like T-will? Or will they let him walk to a lower tier school?

False equivalency. He wouldn't be leaving for the same position at a G5. He would be leaving a P5 LB coach job for an upper echelon G5 DC job. Shannon was making $1 million per year as UCF DC. You think Miami should pay T-Will more than a million dollars to be LB coach? No f#cking way. And he shouldn't be named DC to keep him either.

False equivalency. He wouldn't be leaving for the same position at a G5. He would be leaving a P5 LB coach job for an upper echelon G5 DC job. Shannon was making $1 million per year as UCF DC. You think Miami should pay T-Will more than a million dollars to be LB coach? No f#cking way. And he shouldn't be named DC to keep him either.
Randy was a former hc and dc at Miami and Florida

The Law Office of Travis Williams​

(43)
Personal injury attorney in Orlando, Florida

Dang, looks like he already set up his law office (other job) over there.......😉

Advertisement
You sound like a lawyer, not a business person.

I am 1000% sure that not every manager making a hiring decision (or company involved in them) ask for a 1 year commitment, despite your being convinced to the contrary.

So, we're at an impasse. You think every head coach and hirer asks for this. I say 'not true.'

Taking about remedies is irrelevant because no one suggested there was a contractual remedy to debate here. There are ways to handle that, but that's not what is at issue here.
You honestly think that Manny Diaz didn’t say to Williams, ‘we would like you to coach at UM for one year”? But whether he did or did not is irrelevant because Williams, like all coaches, will answer that question in the affirmative, and then do what is best for Williams. Such is coaching and such is life.
But if you think our coach does not have even the minimal competence to request a 1 year commitment, then you my friend believe UM is coached by a re—-d. I may have to ban myself for using that word but no other word would quite capture the argument,

Advertisement
Randy was a former hc and dc at Miami and Florida

And T-Will has been the co-DC at a P5.

How much should Miami pay a LB coach? He was making 450k as Co-DC/LB last year at Auburn. Baker was making around 700k as Miami DC. We were laughing at Miami paying a demoted Baker 700k to be a position coach. If UCF wants to Williams 600K to be DC (not farfetched) you think Miami should top that to keep him? Because I sure as **** don't.

I think Gus goes with an experienced guy so he can turn that side of ball to someone else
Agreed. He may ultimately hire TWill, but only if his higher choices fall through. Malzhan's career is teetering on the edge of relevancy now. If he doesn't win a lot, and quickly, at UCF after taking a step down to a G5 program, his chance at ever being a HC at a major program again will be very low. Hitching his future to a potential up and coming DC with no real experience instead of a proven DC is a real gamble.

If he leaves, he leaves. You guys need to accept the fact that with a legit staff, guys will get poached left and right. Expect Lash and others to be gone next year. Even Bama with their boatload of money loses guys every year (you guys forget the great poaching of OC/QB mastermind Enos already?) thats the game folks.

Advertisement
You honestly think that Manny Diaz didn’t say to Williams, ‘we would like you to coach at UM for one year”? But whether he did or did not is irrelevant because Williams, like all coaches, will answer that question in the affirmative, and then do what is best for Williams. Such is coaching and such is life.
But if you think our coach does not have even the minimal competence to request a 1 year commitment, then you my friend believe UM is coached by a re—-d. I may have to ban myself for using that word but no other word would quite capture the argument,
You’re spinning. You made the comment that you’re certain every coach gets the script right. Your words:

“I am 1000% confident that Manny asked for at least a 1 year commitment-as does every head coach. Just like Temple asked for a commitment from Manny. This is just the nature of business and it happens at Google and Tesla and Amazon.”

Maybe you were using hyperbole and you’re not as sure as you claimed. I can assure you that plenty of hiring processes lack the claroty you seem to assume is always present.

Advertisement
Imagine that. A coach comes to Miami- realizes it’s a **** show- and leaves for a better opportunity.
I had a boss who once asked me if I was looking for another job. I said, "Why, do you know of something available? Does it pay more?" The idea that we should be upset that a good coach would take a position to advance his career is insane. How long was Cristobal here? Yet people still want him to be our HC. This just means that in a few years, there will be a segment of people here who will clamor for him regardless of his record.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Let’s compare this dudes career to that of Mario’s and why some of us would much rather to have him as the HC as opposed to the cleats wearing idiot from ESPN.

Imagine that. A coach comes to Miami- realizes it’s a **** show- and leaves for a better opportunity.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Let’s compare this dudes career to that of Mario’s and why some of us would much rather to have him as the HC as opposed to the cleats wearing idiot from ESPN

You’re so full of ****. You have no idea if or why he’s potentially leaving

Advertisement
Back