Travis Williams Officially Gone!

Advertisement
I don’t think it’s a stretch. We see guys getting promoted this way all the time. By all accounts, TWill is a rising star as well. Either way, won’t lose too much sleep. We should be able to attract a similarly accomplished position coach.
But one that can rhyme?

Like the one he gave Temple?

I get what you're saying but for Manny to do that would actually be rich.
maybe. i hadn't thought about the temple wrinkle. it matters whether they asked him the question as well. it also matters that this was his 'dream job.' I doubt DC at UCF is T Will's 'dream job.' But you are right, Manny's background doesn't make this an easy topic. Which is to say his handling of Temple wasn't cost-free for him.

Manny should know enough to ask for a first year commitment from someone before he hires them. At least a look me in the eye moral commitment. If they won't give you that, you should know this ain't where they want to be. The coaching profession is a network business so people wouldn't take that sort of commitment lightly.

The quit before you start thing is a real detriment to our continuity in recruiting and planning. I don't fault T Will for doing what's in his interest. I do wonder whether we were clear enough about what he wants to do.

At best, it's is a harsh business these days, man. Looking a guy in the eye or pinky swearing doesn't hold much weight in the cutthroat industry of big-time CFB.

You want them to show you they will stay? Add a legit buyout to the deal. That's looking a guy in the eye in 2021, sadly.

At best, it's is a harsh business these days, man. Looking a guy in the eye or pinky swearing doesn't hold much weight in the cutthroat industry of big-time CFB.

You want them to show you they will stay? Add a legit buyout to the deal. That's looking a guy in the eye in 2021, sadly.
i'm pretty sure no one would take lightly a lie to nick saban.

Advertisement
Hahahahahahahahahha Williams saw the LB on the roster and said, fvck that, I’m out

Correct he accepted a job before knowing what kind of players he had and then he moved his entire family here and then he decided to leave... because that story makes more sense than getting a promotion and pay increase right?

Advertisement
I read on another site that as of now, Gus hasn't reached out to Williams...still in rumor mode.

huh? And do not take this as attacking you as you are just posting what you read elsewhere but if true then wtf is the tweet talking about "mutual interest"

If gus hasn't reached out did this dude just call Gus and was like hey man congrats on the HC gig, would you take Twill as a DC? and Gus replies, yeah why not, he is a great up and coming coach, guy hangs up and calls Twill: Hey Twill, with Gus up in UCF, if he offered you the DC position would you take it? and Twill responds, yeah Gus is a great HC and I enjoyed coaching under him, obviously the goal is to work up in the coaching ranks, dude hangs up the phone and fires out a tweet of mutual interest?

I still wonder if that Enos story was true about Saban asking where the **** he is
work itself out office space GIF

Advertisement
Correct he accepted a job before knowing what kind of players he had and then he moved his entire family here and then he decided to leave... because that story makes more sense than getting a promotion and pay increase right?
Always gotta laugh at the incels who offer nothing but pure misery

We all get in our feelings here and there, and I certainly fit into that category but christ....some people are just intentionally weetodded and devoid of logical thinking for the sake of it

Manny should know enough to ask for a first year commitment from someone before he hires them. At least a look me in the eye moral commitment. If they won't give you that, you should know this ain't where they want to be. The coaching profession is a network business so people wouldn't take that sort of commitment lightly.

The quit before you start thing is a real detriment to our continuity in recruiting and planning. I don't fault T Will for doing what's in his interest. I do wonder whether we were clear enough about what he wants to do.
Don't agree...hard to say no to advancing in your profession and in the business things can change at a moment's notice. You strike when the iron is hot. That said, what you should do is have some leverage to make it contractually difficult for the person to make such a move the first year or so. If he leaves, he leaves but not without some financial hit. This is not like a marriage. It's business.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back