Travis Waller is interested in Miami

U

User-4525

Quarterbacks are held to a higher standard than the rest of positions on a football field. Scrutiny, attention, and praise all come with the ups and downs of being a starting quarterback. Travis Waller has dealt with it all, and the growing pains allowed for him flourish as a quarterback.

"Freshman year I came in and I did not even know I had the ability to be a varsity quarterback. My technique was off, and to be honest I did not even look like a quarterback. I was just a skinny, tall...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
[video=youtube;99mga1_d_zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99mga1_d_zo[/video]

Would love to see more of his passing game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I applaud his maturity about not yet having a Miami offer. It's great to hear that we'd be in his top group if he were to get one.

I assume the only reason he doesn't have an offer yet is because we're hoping to land Gibson (not happening) or Wimbush (not getting my hopes up), but he looks like a very intriguing talent in his own right.

bOTE=M3N;1869084]Alin Edouard part 2[/QUOTE]
I can see the comparison but Waller seems a bit more polished as a passer at this point.

Advertisement
If we are going to get another Cali QB, I think I prefer a passer. He might be one eventually, but his first instinct definitely seems to be run. Like Al's defense, running QBs are not our DNA.

Give me an athlete at qb ala cam, manziel,vick,Winston, Tebow, Vince, need an athlete at qb to win in college or have nick saban as your coach..................... run first gives the defense headaches................. I'm voting yes on this kid

Advertisement
California has offered Waller after failing to land a commitment from four-star QB Brady White, who chose Arizona State.

Oregon and Ohio State are reportedly showing more interest in him and may offer in the near future.

Meanwhile, we have no shot at Gibson and probably won't end up landing Wimbush either. But we're not recruiting Francois, who's apparently close with Dexter Williams and is a really talented player, and have yet to show interest in Waller, who's very interested in Miami.

It comes off as Miami being asleep at the wheel when it comes to QBs this cycle.

Last I heard we were about to contact Waller & were still evaluating

Interesting. Thanks, HG.

Some may scoff at the suggestion that we're waiting too long to offer since we're still 9 months away, but it absolutely matters at QB. If Oregon and/or OSU offers soon and we lag behind while continuing to evaluate when he should've been a top target all along, then they'll have no one to blame but themselves when they end up with a Plan C or D at QB this cycle.

Advertisement
Back