Travis Rudolph....

Advertisement
Good God, FSU is dominating this state right on the field and now in recruiting...we can't keep MOST of the big fish home and can't even win the Coastal....**** we suck

He's proven to be the best wr coming out from so flat his year. Sucks that we lost him.

Advertisement
sick and tired of posts lamenting the guys we don't get. once i know we aren't getting them i don't even think about them. and in the end the decision is the kids. if we recruit him and he leaves it was their choice.

Advertisement
Devin Hester's cousin, Steve Walsh is his head coach, parents want him at Miami: FSU-bound

Will people stop *****ing about our recruiting class or at least acknowledge that it is really really good. Let’s go position by position:

QB: An elite 11 4 star (Kaaya)
RB: 1 4 to 5 star (Yearby) and 1 3 to 4 star (Powell)
WR: 2 4 stars (Griffin and Berrios) 1 3 to 4 star (Langham) and 3 star (Brady) that has UF and FSU offers
TE: This the one position where I think we could upgrade although I do think Herndon has talent.
OL: Probably the best class in the county, including the best offensive lineman in the state (McDermott)
DE: Probably the best class in the county including the Defensive Player in the State (Thomas)
DT: 2 out of the 3 best DT (Moten and Valentine) in the state of Florida plus JC DT (Wyche) who was committed to USC another DT(Jenkins) that Ohio State went after hard
LB: 3 3 to 4 star LB (Owens, Smith, and Young). Plus McCray who this board things is a JAG is getting recruited hard by LSU
CB: 1 4 star committed (Bethel) and good chance we land JC Jackson who is the probably the best CB in the state
S: Hester is a 4 star safety
Ath: Gray is a 4 star on Espn.

Every position has been addressed. Every position we have added at least one highly sought-after Recruit.

We didn't get Michel or Dixon. We are probably not getting Cook, Lane and Rudolph and that is disappointing. If you want to call it a failure that we did not land any of those players that is your decision. That being said anyone who says this class as it currently stands will not make Miami more talented than it was the year before is crazy. If this staff recruits like this every year than Miami will be one of the most talented teams in the country.

Last edited:
Good God, FSU is dominating this state right on the field and now in recruiting...we can't keep MOST of the big fish home and can't even win the Coastal....**** we suck

This tends to happen when you're #1 in the nation, undefeated, and heading to the MNC.

Advertisement
This is FSU's year guys relax a little bit. Next year, granted our d improves, we will challenge them because FSU is losing a lot.

This tends to happen when you're #1 in the nation, undefeated, and heading to the MNC.

I hate this excuse. So how was FSU landing those elite players two, three years ago?

Because they have a great staff of recruiters. Not saying we don't. But you can't sit here and tell me them being the best team in the country isn't helping them on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
Will people stop ****ing about our recruiting class or at least acknowledge that it is really really good. Let’s go position by position:

I will tell you why people are upset, I will tell you why people may be upset, I will also tell you why some are pleased and it is a real simple answer too.

1. We have currently 30 kids committed/signed FA (with Lockley and Griffin). That is a lot. In this class there are a bunch of studs who are already committed/signed and they will not be creating any NSD buzz because of their prior decisions (i.e. old news). The problem is there is still a full month of recruiting left and 90-95% (maybe higher) of the class is set. Sure there are some targets left (Cook, Michel, JC Jackson, Lane and Rudolph etc.) but for the most part our class is done. In the recruiting world it is what have you done for me lately....not what have you already done. So why are class may be ranked top (insert number here), it doesn’t matter.

Why some schools are getting their studs on NSD, we already have most of ours committed/signed so that means NSD may be uneventful. Since some people are simple minded, they think the class sucks because there is no heart attack excitement on NSD.

IMO, I prefer an uneventful NSD as long as (see #2) our kids are committed or enrolled at this point. I don’t need an exciting NSD, I prefer kids committed and an uneventful NSD.

2. The Locals may be going elsewhere (Dixon, Cook, Michel, JC Jackson, Lane and Rudolph). For many this is all that matters in recruiting, how did you do locally?

While we have a good amount of elite talent locally (i.e. C. Thomas, KC McDermott, J. Yearby, A. Moton, T. Valentine and T. Darling etc.) there are too many kids out there who are local and elite that go elsewhere. I agree that there are some local elite kids who we should get our hands on and sign; and while we have a good amount of them committed/signed there are still more and there is always room for improvement. There is always room (not actual scholarship space) to get another local stud. One should never settle…

I think in general it is the Wild Wild West down here in South Florida. I also think it is impossible to get some kids to stay home no matter how hard you recruit or what you say…some kids can’t be persuaded. Some kids seek other interests (for a multitude of reasons), some kids want to get away and sometimes you can’t win them all. I really don’t think every kid can be persuaded to go to Miami (without getting into some crazy recruiting tactics).

I think you need to maximize and grab as many of these kids as possible. But at the same time I think it is possible to recruit out of South Florida and get a compliment (it is just harder). IMO, a true compliment is as good as the local elite recruit. I just need a similar quality recruit who can replace the local recruit. I don’t care where they come from as long as they come.

For example: instead of Lane (Local Elite South Florida WR) we get Griffin (Elite OOS WR)

The issue is some people are unable to grasp the concept of compliments because football doesn’t exist outside of South Florida. I judge a class on its WHOLE and when it is finished. If we miss on some local studs, bring in a compliment. So bring in local studs, bring in non-local studs JUST BRING THEM IN!

3. Some people are just unrealistic and unhappy. No matter what, no matter who, some people just don’t see any positive and focus on the negative. This is based on a bunch of reasons (only recruit South Florida, Golden Sucks, the Scheme on Defense sucks etc.) and it is what it is, people can have their own opinions.

The bottom line is the class is almost full, there are some good targets available and while the class is excellent there is room for improvement (as there is always).

I hate this excuse. So how was FSU landing those elite players two, three years ago?

Because they have a great staff of recruiters. Not saying we don't. But you can't sit here and tell me them being the best team in the country isn't helping them on the recruiting trail.

For whatever reason, F$U has always recruited well. Something about trailer parks, toothless women, and being a former girls' school seems to attract talented (hyped?) football players. It's very telling (to me at least) that they haven't really been more dominant over the last several decades.

Will people stop ****ing about our recruiting class or at least acknowledge that it is really really good. Let’s go position by position:

I will tell you why people are upset, I will tell you why people may be upset, I will also tell you why some are pleased and it is a real simple answer too.

1. We have currently 30 kids committed/signed FA (with Lockley and Griffin). That is a lot. In this class there are a bunch of studs who are already committed/signed and they will not be creating any NSD buzz because of their prior decisions (i.e. old news). The problem is there is still a full month of recruiting left and 90-95% (maybe higher) of the class is set. Sure there are some targets left (Cook, Michel, JC Jackson, Lane and Rudolph etc.) but for the most part our class is done. In the recruiting world it is what have you done for me lately....not what have you already done. So why are class may be ranked top (insert number here), it doesn’t matter.

Why some schools are getting their studs on NSD, we already have most of ours committed/signed so that means NSD may be uneventful. Since some people are simple minded, they think the class sucks because there is no heart attack excitement on NSD.

IMO, I prefer an uneventful NSD as long as (see #2) our kids are committed or enrolled at this point. I don’t need an exciting NSD, I prefer kids committed and an uneventful NSD.

2. The Locals may be going elsewhere (Dixon, Cook, Michel, JC Jackson, Lane and Rudolph). For many this is all that matters in recruiting, how did you do locally?

While we have a good amount of elite talent locally (i.e. C. Thomas, KC McDermott, J. Yearby, A. Moton, T. Valentine and T. Darling etc.) there are too many kids out there who are local and elite that go elsewhere. I agree that there are some local elite kids who we should get our hands on and sign; and while we have a good amount of them committed/signed there are still more and there is always room for improvement. There is always room (not actual scholarship space) to get another local stud. One should never settle…

I think in general it is the Wild Wild West down here in South Florida. I also think it is impossible to get some kids to stay home no matter how hard you recruit or what you say…some kids can’t be persuaded. Some kids seek other interests (for a multitude of reasons), some kids want to get away and sometimes you can’t win them all. I really don’t think every kid can be persuaded to go to Miami (without getting into some crazy recruiting tactics).

I think you need to maximize and grab as many of these kids as possible. But at the same time I think it is possible to recruit out of South Florida and get a compliment (it is just harder). IMO, a true compliment is as good as the local elite recruit. I just need a similar quality recruit who can replace the local recruit. I don’t care where they come from as long as they come.

For example: instead of Lane (Local Elite South Florida WR) we get Griffin (Elite OOS WR)

The issue is some people are unable to grasp the concept of compliments because football doesn’t exist outside of South Florida. I judge a class on its WHOLE and when it is finished. If we miss on some local studs, bring in a compliment. So bring in local studs, bring in non-local studs JUST BRING THEM IN!

3. Some people are just unrealistic and unhappy. No matter what, no matter who, some people just don’t see any positive and focus on the negative. This is based on a bunch of reasons (only recruit South Florida, Golden Sucks, the Scheme on Defense sucks etc.) and it is what it is, people can have their own opinions.

The bottom line is the class is almost full, there are some good targets available and while the class is excellent there is room for improvement (as there is always).

Couldn't have said it any better. Well done.

the biggest problem is not missing on these kids, its missing on these kids and then they go to FSU.

Pretty hard to catch up in talent when arguably some of the best players in-state may go to FSU. If they go to Bama or UF, it sucks, but whatever. But to go to FSU really hurts

Advertisement
Back