Travis Rudolph....

I don't think you would really expect under the radar "camp kids" to show much promise as freshmen and redshirt freshmen. It seems to me that these are the kinds of kids, by definition really, who need the benefit of redshirting, UTough, developing, etc.

Not on an already loaded roster, but we have had holes all over this roster that were just begging kids to make some kind of impact. Pretty much every position had a spot that needed one of these kids to step up into the two deep....

Advertisement
That's nothing new. F$U has pretty much always had better 'paper' recruiting classes than us.

THIS. Look at your history people. They've been saying FSU was taking over Dade recruiting since the days of Bowden. This ain't new. It's about developing the guys we DO get, because there are enough studs down here that we are always going to miss some. And THAT is inarguable.

You're living in the past. There aren't that many "sleepers" like there used to be in the Bowden/Butch Davis days because of the internet. Reggie Wayne wouldn't slip through the cracks today. He'd be at LSU. Same with Ed Reed.

And where's the proof that we're developing players better than Jizzbo and fsu? We aren't outcoaching them on gameday, and there's no evidence that we're out-developing them either. So, we **** sure better out-recruit them, or we'll continue to be their bytch.

Right no sleepers. Who was the #1 pick last year? You ever heard of him? He was a 2 star. That LB Mack from Buffalo is projected top 10. Some have Bortles as a top 10 pick at UCF. There are still plenty of under the radar kids. Plus its not about trying to find some complete unknown, it is about finding the right 3*prospects that might be underrated by the so called recruiting experts. johnny manziel was a 3* nobody that Texas didnt want. Look at him now. Driskell was #1 that year.

Always will be but one can't just build a contender off those kids anymore. Look VT is the prime example of a program that does the most with what they have, and they never crack that ceiling of being elite. Always good to very good but never elite. On top of that, with Al being here for two full recruiting cycles, how many of his camp kids that were under the radar kids have shown that much promise?

Rashawn Scott is pretty much it thus far

Eddie Johnson was well on his way, but we know what happened with that

I think Rayshawn Jenkins has the potential to be the best of those under the radar kid

I don't think you would really expect under the radar "camp kids" to show much promise as freshmen and redshirt freshmen. It seems to me that these are the kinds of kids, by definition really, who need the benefit of redshirting, UTough, developing, etc.

Not on an already loaded roster, but we have had holes all over this roster that were just begging kids to make some kind of impact. Pretty much every position had a spot that needed one of these kids to step up into the two deep....

Disagree. Earl Moore is an example of a kid who needed UTough and development, but was pressed into PT by the "roster" before he was ready. Figs, for all of his energy, is another. When he wasn't making a big hit, he was looking lost. It's too early to judge kids like that. They need time to develop.

we still have to compete with them. They have more talent than we do- great that we are stacking talent, but hard to make up the gap when so many good kids are choosing them over us

That's nothing new. F$U has pretty much always had better 'paper' recruiting classes than us.

THIS. Look at your history people. They've been saying FSU was taking over Dade recruiting since the days of Bowden. This ain't new. It's about developing the guys we DO get, because there are enough studs down here that we are always going to miss some. And THAT is inarguable.

You're living in the past. There aren't that many "sleepers" like there used to be in the Bowden/Butch Davis days because of the internet. Reggie Wayne wouldn't slip through the cracks today. He'd be at LSU. Same with Ed Reed.

And where's the proof that we're developing players better than Jizzbo and fsu? We aren't outcoaching them on gameday, and there's no evidence that we're out-developing them either. So, we **** sure better out-recruit them, or we'll continue to be their bytch.

Right no sleepers. Who was the #1 pick last year? You ever heard of him? He was a 2 star. That LB Mack from Buffalo is projected top 10. Some have Bortles as a top 10 pick at UCF. There are still plenty of under the radar kids. Plus its not about trying to find some complete unknown, it is about finding the right 3*prospects that might be underrated by the so called recruiting experts. johnny manziel was a 3* nobody that Texas didnt want. Look at him now. Driskell was #1 that year.

Learn to read before coming at me, dopey. I didn't say "no sleepers". Read better.

If you're trying to build a NC caliber team you **** sure better recruit at a NC caliber level because we're not out-coaching teams like Bama, FSU, Auburn, etc. Let them come in here and take the super blue-chippers every year, and you're not going to gain ground.

P.S. How many NCs has Central Michigan or Buffalo won with those sleepers you mentioned?

Advertisement
again, hard to make up ground when the classes are similar if not better for FSU

Can't let them take our super blue chippers. The great programs put that wall up locally, and it's very very rarely penetrated. We haven't been able to do that. Maybe this class will be the turning point when Cook commits to us.

Derek Tyson ‏@DerekTysonESPN now

4-star WR Travis Rudolph says #Bama is his leader, still considering #Canes #Gators #AU #OSU & #Vols. Will announce at #UAALLAMERICA game

4-star WR Travis Rudolph says #Bama is his leader, still considering #Canes #Gators #AU #OSU & #Vols. Will announce at #UAALLAMERICA game

Id be shocked if he picked us... Hopefully he shocks us

Advertisement

He won't but I wouldnt be shocked if he takes some visits to UM before NSD and add some suspense

he can take an unofficial, obviously..but he's already taken hi 5 officials to OSU Tenn FSU Aub n Bama (in that order)

He won't but I wouldnt be shocked if he takes some visits to UM before NSD and add some suspense

he can take an unofficial, obviously..but he's already taken hi 5 officials to OSU Tenn FSU Aub n Bama (in that order)

That's why I said some visits to UM instead of just saying an ov..........

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back