Travell Dixon (DB) JUCO

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude

Dixon looking at the Southeast

In 2008, Travell Dixon led Miami-Dade County with seven interceptions while playing at Norland (Miami, Fla.) H.S.

The 6-2 cornerback didn't qualify coming out of high school and spent a year out of football before resurfacing at Eastern Arizona College (Thatcher, Ariz.) where he finished his freshman season with 25 tackles and two interceptions.

Now Dixon is finding himself as one of the top-rated juco defensive backs in the nation and has the chance to play major football back in the Southeast.

"I'm out here on the West Coast doing the things I need to do," Dixon said. "And I'm definitely hoping to get back to the Southeast to play but we'll see what happens."

Dixon has already taken unofficial visits to Miami and Alabama and plans to take all five of his officials this fall.

"I talked with Coach [Nick] Saban and the whole staff at Alabama," Dixon said. "They like me because I'm a big, physical cornerback and they told me about their track record with junior college players."

Dixon's interest in Miami is no surprise and even the Hurricanes' current issues with the NCAA would not stop him from returning to his hometown school.

"That wouldn't play a role at all for me because UM is always going to be a school that means something to me," Dixon added. "I love their coaches and their staff, it's close to family.

"I don't really think about all that other stuff."

Dixon said that several schools are in line for official visits. He is working on taking a visit to Cal this weekend and said that he is planning on visiting Alabama and Texas A&M in November. Florida State is also a possibility for Dixon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone know if there is any real good D-line JUCO's out there? We need some good defensive lineman, even if they are only here for just a couple of seasons.

Damien Jacobs is also I guy I hope we put the full court press on. We should probably create a separate thread for JUCO DTs.

Here's a link to all the JUCO DT's. I'm not sure which ones we are after.

I think we're after this guy Koliniasi Leota. You can see some video of him here. He's #93 with the white jerseys:

[video=youtube;tsXZK9yhZwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXZK9yhZwM[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back