Travell Dixon and Amari Cooper looking to start a new trend

Advertisement
Why is this a money talks issue? Because they didn't want to play for Miami?

Most of us don't like Bama but acknowledge they are a powerhouse team with a star head coach who recruits well and uses NCAA loopholes to keep his team fully stocked. Do you really think Saban has to make it rain at every recruit's house in order to secure a commitment?

Ummm yes. You have to give them all something in order to keep all the ducks aligned.

Advertisement
Why is this a money talks issue? Because they didn't want to play for Miami?

Most of us don't like Bama but acknowledge they are a powerhouse team with a star head coach who recruits well and uses NCAA loopholes to keep his team fully stocked. Do you really think Saban has to make it rain at every recruit's house in order to secure a commitment?

Bama almost got the death penalty in the early 2000's for paying for recruits. It is not the first time they have been caught paying for recruits. They have a history of doing this.

Do these 2 knuckleheads think that people in South Florida are going to want to listen to their Alabama stories when they come back home for the holidays each year........ Fock Alabama.......

Writer: ‘Bama supporter paid for five-star recruit Posted by John Taylor

April 7, 2011, 1:33 PM EST

1.jpg

The battle between in-state rivals Alabama and Auburn for the services of five-star linebacker Brent Calloway was, to say the least, intriguing. Long a commitment to the Tide, the five-star linebacker stunned most observers by pulling his verbal commitment from the Tuscaloosa school and committing to the Tigers during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl — on NBC — in early January. The flip-flop did not please his family, and Calloway ultimately signed with the Tide on National Signing Day nearly a month after his initial flip. That’s not the end of the story, however, according to at least one website. By way of Mr. SEC.com, Jeffrey Lee of Rivals.com‘s Auburn site appeared on an Alabama radio station this morning and, in essence, accused Alabama of paying for Calloway’s talents. Mr. SEC.com has the bullet points of the explosive things Lee said went on financially between an Alabama supporter, Calloway and at least one member of Calloway’s family.

* A supporter of Alabama took Calloway to Tuscaloosa multiple times including the weekend prior to national signing day.
* The supporter allegedly then drove Calloway out of state and kept him there until he returned to his hometown of Russellville, Alabama on signing day.
* Before Calloway’s final trip to Tuscaloosa pre-signing day, the Bama supporter allegedly made cash payments to Harland “Peaches” Winston who is Calloway’s adoptive father.
* Winston supposedly received $2,500 from the Bama fan on at least one occasion.
* Supposedly, Winston also received aid in catching up on his home mortgage.
* The fan also allegedly provided Calloway with a new car that the player drove to school. Supposedly enough questions were asked about the car that it was returned on the same day.
* Allegedly, the car was purchased by the Bama supporter from a dealership in Muscle Shoals owned by yet another Alabama supporter.
* Supposedly, the supporter told Calloway that he would receive $1,200 per month while playing at Alabama.

If true, this would be an instance where the word “wow” would hardly suffice. Of course, eyebrows should be raised over a website dedicated to covering Auburn flinging serious accusations against rival Alabama. But the level of detail involved in the accusations leveled against this Tide supporter — we’re unclear if the “booster” label should be applied — certainly makes this something to keep an eye on in the near future. It should also go without saying that the NCAA may have an interest in speaking to a couple of individuals regarding the situation — if there even is a situation — that’s been brought to the public light.

Last edited:
Lulz. Dade kids/mentality are the worst. God bless the exceptions like Duke Johnson who have a smidgeon of local pride. It's so incredibly hard for me to comprehend the mercenary attitude they almost all seem to now have. I shouldn't be surprised, seems the adults over there encourage it at the high school level. If you can't be loyal to the hood/friends you grew up with, wtf would you become loyal all of a sudden at the next level. Whole thing's pathetic.

Advertisement
Lulz. Dade kids/mentality are the worst. God bless the exceptions like Duke Johnson who have a smidgeon of local pride. It's so incredibly hard for me to comprehend the mercenary attitude they almost all seem to now have. I shouldn't be surprised, seems the adults over there encourage it at the high school level. If you can't be loyal to the hood/friends you grew up with, wtf would you become loyal all of a sudden at the next level. Whole thing's pathetic.

This and it is one of the reasons I am starting to become more fond of the pro game...

Come on... Its not that serious... If they want to go let them go... I hope they do well... Lets be honest they're choosing Bama, its not like they're choosing Ole Miss...

You're right, people in So. Fla. don't care about them going to 'bama, but then again people in So. Fla. don't care about cfb. That's your elephant in the room.

You're right, people in So. Fla. don't care about them going to 'bama, but then again people in So. Fla. don't care about cfb. That's your elephant in the room.

People care about CFB....there is just more to do than bang your cousin and go to tide spring games.

Advertisement
People care about CFB....there is just more to do than bang your cousin and go to tide spring games.

Eh.... IMO this is a bull**** excuse we trot out to feel better about ourselves. There were 50k people on hand for HS state championship games last week in Dallas, TX. There's plenty to do in Dallas. There are millions of people in Dade/Broward/PBC, just no one gives a **** about CFB.

Eh.... IMO this is a bull**** excuse we trot out to feel better about ourselves. There were 50k people on hand for HS state championship games last week in Dallas, TX. There's plenty to do in Dallas. There are millions of people in Dade/Broward/PBC, just no one gives a **** about CFB.

I'll disagree....it totally has to do with enviornment. Every team in a warm climate or metro city (or both) has the same issues. I think in Texas HS football is much bigger than anywhere in the country, so I don't see how that reflects on college...**** SMU averages 20k a game in Dallas. So if look at just SMU nobody gives a **** about college football in Dallas?

Advertisement
As I said in other posts, in days past, Alabama or Auburn players didn't get any direct cash - it was funneled through family members - and even some churches would take up a special contribution.

This has been going on forever - but if you're smart - and the family benefits and NOT the player - it's really, really hard to prove. Jobs are offered to key family members, house payments or car payments are made, and so on.

Not just in Alabama. It's a southern tradition - long time southern tradition.

Where the dumbasses in Miami get into trouble is that most of the good **** goes directly to the players, and those dumbasses get caught.

Advertisement
Back