Transfers Succeeding on New Teams

WeBallinBoyz

Whisper "It Just Means More" Again Daddy
Premium
I'm sure most of you have seen/heard of Manu Lecomte since Baylor has been a pretty good program the past couple of years. He's averaging 16.6 PPG, 2.3 RPG and 3.4 APG

DeAndre Burnett is playing well at Ole Miss too, averaging 14.8 PPG, 2.2 RPG and 4.7 APG.

The one that surprised me the most was how well James Palmer is playing. Earned Co-Big 10 honors last week and is averaging 16.6 PPG, 4.3 RPG and 2.4 APG with Nebraska.

Not bashing Coach L by any means since he's done very well to make Miami basketball prominent; just unfortunate that all three of these guys couldn't find their role during their respective tenures here.

Advertisement
We should've never let Burnett or Lecomte go

They would both be starting over that wannabe Mario Chalmers, JaQuan Newton, right now

LeComte over Newton would be so fuggin beautiful on this year’s team. A pass first PG who can actually shoot? Oh the possibilities.

Can't blame Coach L. Those guys would of had every opportunity to beat out Newton but they chose not to compete with him. Lecomte and Burnett would have probably won out there. As for Palmer, always liked his game and always showed potential. Knew he would be a good player but again he wanted more PT.

Advertisement

They would both be starting over that wannabe Mario Chalmers, JaQuan Newton, right now

Not getting the love for Burnett on here. He is a high volume shooter on a mediocre Ole Miss team. Always liked Lecomte but the guy got buried on the depth chart once Newton got here and Angel was starting over him. Palmer was a curious transfer and he would have probably started this year and last once Sheldon graduated

I don't think we "let them go." Do you want L to forcibly stop them from leaving? And, Manu has been at Baylor for 12 years.

Advertisement
OP, why would you be surprised at how James Palmer is doing? If it weren't for Melo Trimble, he woulda been the Chris Lykes of his year in the VERY tough DC Catholic League. Very few highly-rated players from that league ever fail to succeed on the court in college.

OP, why would you be surprised at how James Palmer is doing? If it weren't for Melo Trimble, he woulda been the Chris Lykes of his year in the VERY tough DC Catholic League. Very few highly-rated players from that league ever fail to succeed on the court in college.

I never doubted his talent, but he just looked lost on the court most of the time. Looks like he's finally putting it together so good for him.

L didn't want Manu to go, he wanted to get some distance between Manu and Angel, hence the redshirt. Quan had a defined role when Angel was here, Manu was the odd man out, and L wanted to maximize the time he had with him. Manu didn't want to sit, and transferred, and ended up sitting anyway. I also don't think that younger Manu believed he could beat Newton out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back