Transfer Portal Withrawal

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't see us using the portal next year with the great HS talent appearing to lean the Canes' way. If things play out right, we will not have extra schollies to spend on the older kids for the next two cycles.

I don't see us using the portal next year with the great HS talent appearing to lean the Canes' way. If things play out right, we will not have extra schollies to spend on the older kids for the next two cycles.

I could see us adding a grad transfer LB next year. Maybe a DE too depending on what happens with JP.

And of course you always would take a good OL.

But yeah, ideally we fill up almost the whole class with recruits

If we could add 1-2 more quality OL (and Jaelan), we should do it (even if room has to be created by suggesting other avenues for a couple of existing members of the roster).

Advertisement
The portal has changed the recruiting landscape. Fortunately Manny’s effective use of it saved our class. He’s not going to abandon its use bc there’s a loaded class. But possibly use it more selectively to bolster the roster. Loaded or not, talented or not, recruits are kids. There’s a learning curve, physically and mentally. Very few of these kids can make that leap out of HS. And with attrition there will always be gaps to fill. Additionally, if we want to be able to stack players at different positions like other programs that means redshirts, which might mean we will have needs to fill for a year or so. The Portal will be available to deliver a quality player as needed, or Per Diem, if use effectively. And we know Manny does that. So, yeah it’s here to stay use it.

Advertisement
We're really down to Jaelan Phillips and Parker Braun. Braun has stated many times that he is waiting until much later in the semester to make a decision. Phillips is ours barring medical clearance, is the word.

After that...not much more to wait on.

I can see us using the portal after spring practice, if we lose any or we find out we need help at a position.

Advertisement
Is it possible that everything in the portal is like the underwear left in the men's department two days after Fathers Day. Nobody wants them.

I would've said that a year ago at this time. Too many disloyal and fickle south Fla divas.

Advertisement
Back