Transfer Portal watch

Probably sent him a "you up" text, but lets be real here. We have a 0% shot as he was already linked to Texas, our offense is absolute booty cheeks and we have swirling rumors of an OC change. Have you not been paying attention to our receiver recruiting and portal attempts over the past 5 months? Massive swing and misses. We can't even get the attention of G5 receivers so what makes you think this big name would give us the time of day right after winning a natty lol

We are extremely lucky that Washington and Joseph are Miami fans or they would not be coming here.
So we suck?

Advertisement
Dart wasn't going to win anything at Ole Miss.

He had a few chances to win the Alabama game and choked it away.

Yup. Sanders get this year then howard steps in as the guy for the next 3 after that. Unless Howard beats him out in camp.

It’s a bad look to have to fire a Broyles Award winner after one season and it saves a lot of money in a buyout.

I know a much worse look. A worse look is running an offense that is unable to score a TD in 25% of your games, with a QB who was the offensive rookie of the year in the prior year. Get his **** out.
It really looks like that Broyles Award winner was a fraud and not deserving of this award. What was the reason he won it? The Michigan offense was better this year with out him and ours was worse with him.

Out offensive was not prepared even against much lesser teams, was a total disaster, was cringeworthy to watch and is a reason why we cannot get any top WRs to even consider.

Advertisement
It really looks like that Broyles Award winner was a fraud and not deserving of this award. What was the reason he won it? The Michigan offense was better this year with out him and ours was worse with him.

Out offensive was not prepared even against much lesser teams, was a total disaster, was cringeworthy to watch and is a reason why we cannot get any top WRs to even consider.
He was a total fraud. Roman pointed out a spat he got into with Locksley when Gattis claimed to have been the play caller. Locksley said that Gattis's statement was BS. Gattis conceded that he may not have called the plays, but he was instrumental in game planning.

Gattis was a bad hire - Mario should have done better due diligence. That said, he talked a big game and won the Broyles. At this point, you cut him loose and make a solid hire. But we digress, as this is a portal thread.

All that seems clear is he’s doing what a mentor Saban does and preferring to facilitate staff changes encouraging they look elsewhere vs outright firing them. I imagine optics of quickly firing a lot of guys is in MC’s eyes an admission of failure and he prefers to avoid it. Gattis obviously hurts the WR recruiting but even if he was already fired I doubt it would be dramatically different considering we haven’t gotten a WR drafted highly into the league since Dre & Santana. Other programs with a vacant OC spot right now are still grabbing portal guys I believe based on recent track record at the position while we have practically nothing to compare.
As well, I think Mario doesn’t want the egg of firing Gattis 1yr after his Broyles award and hiring him as OC. I think he would prefer JG find employment elsewhere and chalk it up to that.

Advertisement
Kinyuatte Goodwin why aren’t we after him harder he could be our starting right tackle this year and help solidify our line

Advertisement
You think Harrell would be WR 1?

I know he has bigtime speed, and would be the top deep threat.

But what has he shown over the same amount of time in college to say without a doubt he is WAY better than Ladson? I 100% agree he is better as a pure deep threat.

Career numbers:

Ladson-58 catches/726 yards/7 TD's
Harrell-22 catches/522 yards/6 TD's

Both have injury history
It's the dumbest fan base in Sports ever wonder why you don't need to worry I. Life these are your competition.

Morons ****ed we aren't getting crap bag WRs they have never seen play everything starts up front. Our WR will look much better with a compitant online.

Have there been any positive developments with Singletary? Hopefully the McClain NIL money can be reallocated towards getting a day 1 starter at CB.

Advertisement
How is this guy one of the top players in the portal? He's got 2 catches in 2 years from what I see after a nice true freshman season....
And he's a headache for a program on top of it. There's a reason he wasn't getting playing time and is now on his 3rd team in 4 years.

I really thought we were going to be pretty decent in year 3 but it looks like there is going to be a hard ceiling with the way we’re recruiting QB, DT, and WR

DT is in good shape 2yrs down the road.

For the sake of the rebuild, I hope these guys show a better offensive philosophy. Otherwise, it could get ugly here.

DT is in good shape 2yrs down the road.

For the sake of the rebuild, I hope these guys show a better offensive philosophy. Otherwise, it could get ugly here.
How is DT in good shape in 2 years when we've only signed 2 total highschool DTs in 22 and 23.What if 1 of them suffers a major injury.DT recruiting has been close top negligent if we're been honest.

Advertisement
Back