Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
From the athletic…expect the ma window to be very important

But it’s also reasonable to assume the May 15 deadline will spur plenty of action given the current landscape of tampering and NIL inducement. If you’re trying to win big (or not get fired) in 2023, you’re not going into the summer with glaring weaknesses in your starting lineup. You’re finding a way to upgrade your deficiencies. There will be, in the parlance of our times, strong-*** offers.

Advertisement
investigation we aint found shit GIF
Excuse me but I have an exclusive NIL deal with that gif. You’ll be hearing from my lawyer John Ruiz soon

You think Harrell would be WR 1?

I know he has bigtime speed, and would be the top deep threat.

But what has he shown over the same amount of time in college to say without a doubt he is WAY better than Ladson? I 100% agree he is better as a pure deep threat.

Career numbers:

Ladson-58 catches/726 yards/7 TD's
Harrell-22 catches/522 yards/6 TD's

Both have injury history

Harrell would be a really good 3 for Miami and a solid 2. Should not expect him at all to be a 1

Advertisement
IMO we need from portal:
  • 2 more WRs
  • 1 more DT
  • 1 more LB
  • 1 CB
  • 1 Safety
What am I missing?

1 more OL
2 not 1 DT but this gets tough as you don’t want a JAG but the pool is so small

These aren’t a priority but we would take if the right player wanted in and the numbers made sense.

1 RB
1 QB
1 DE

That's a lot of roster spots we don't have on the 85. If you don't count Cormani in this class, we're at about 83 scholarships right now (give or take 1). Very likely to get 1 more when/if Balom leaves in May, as has been reported. We can probably free up 1-2 scholarships at OL (17 scholarships) and 1 at LB (10 scholarships). Maybe Ragone is out and 1 or 2 of Rodriguez/McCoy/Washington/McClaughlin.

If all we have is 5 spots, I'd use them for 2 WRs, 1 NT, 1 CB, and 1 S. Maybe an argument for LB over S depending on what they actually want to run, but we are very thin at safety.

Advertisement
Pedo State 4 star WR Jaden Dottin in the portal yesterday…. He went to Suffield Academy in CT. I mean it’s not like we have any one our roster with ties to him or his former school or anything. Probably won’t kick the tires on the kid… waste of time right? 🙄

You think Harrell would be WR 1?

I know he has bigtime speed, and would be the top deep threat.

But what has he shown over the same amount of time in college to say without a doubt he is WAY better than Ladson? I 100% agree he is better as a pure deep threat.

Career numbers:

Ladson-58 catches/726 yards/7 TD's
Harrell-22 catches/522 yards/6 TD's

Both have injury history
My thinking here is more so schematically than production, although production is still very important. I am also assuming both being healthy. We need a guy to stretch the field and be able to make that big play for us and threaten DCs to account for him which allows us more creativity everywhere else. Last year we did have that guy and made a ****** scheme that much more difficult to execute. Harrell has only played 1 year and that year he averaged 30 a catch. It’s also not me being as high on him as I am just down on our current options at X WR.

Advertisement
That's a lot of roster spots we don't have on the 85. If you don't count Cormani in this class, we're at about 83 scholarships right now (give or take 1). Very likely to get 1 more when/if Balom leaves in May, as has been reported. We can probably free up 1-2 scholarships at OL (17 scholarships) and 1 at LB (10 scholarships). Maybe Ragone is out and 1 or 2 of Rodriguez/McCoy/Washington/McClaughlin.

If all we have is 5 spots, I'd use them for 2 WRs, 1 NT, 1 CB, and 1 S. Maybe an argument for LB over S depending on what they actually want to run, but we are very thin at safety.
Yeah, it’s why I added the caveat if the numbers make sense. I do expect more transfers after the spring and not just a couple either. The good news is that I think Balom stays cause we need him, the bad news is that JHH might bounce and we need him.

This is what makes this board great. People like you that can help a brother out with this stuff. Thank you.

Are we on AD MItchell?
Probably sent him a "you up" text, but lets be real here. We have a 0% shot as he was already linked to Texas, our offense is absolute booty cheeks and we have swirling rumors of an OC change. Have you not been paying attention to our receiver recruiting and portal attempts over the past 5 months? Massive swing and misses. We can't even get the attention of G5 receivers so what makes you think this big name would give us the time of day right after winning a natty lol

We are extremely lucky that Washington and Joseph are Miami fans or they would not be coming here.

Advertisement
Back