Transfer Portal watch

We also have some highly touted freshmen that will play. I think Wayne and Bain log snaps. Chantz and Harvey are okay as backups for the Coastal. Definitely an upgrade would be welcome but it’s not as high on the priority list.
I wish we’d bring in an edge rusher. Harvey does nothing for me.

Advertisement
1673894876137.png

Harvey had a nice season last year, and if he keeps developing could have another bump this year. He is a rotational pass rusher that can make some plays.

View attachment 225078

Harvey had a nice season last year, and if he keeps developing could have another bump this year. He is a rotational pass rusher that can make some plays.
He is just that, a good rotational pass rusher but not great against the run. He shouldn’t be a starter but can play in the ACC. If we want to get to the next level, you need your back ups to be a level higher.

Advertisement
Yes, half of our roster from last year were not P5 rosters

Do you actually believe this? Half? The number may be 25% at best. And that is at best.

A lot of the players who have transferred out ended up at other P5 programs. And programs who had much more success than we did in 2022 and or much more recent success. Programs such as Tennessee, Florida State, Baylor, Maryland, Louisville, Mississippi State, Duke.

We also had 4 players who ended up at SMU due to familiarity of Lashlee and staff. Guys like Knighton and Smith would have ended up at P5 schools if they decided not to go to SMU. The supposed lack of P5 talent on this roster was grossly exaggerated.

Last edited:
No. No more non-contributors from elsewhere.
Not sure if I agree or not here lol. He played in four games as a true Fr under Mario,he played in 6 games as a rs fr. At a position that’s built for men and they had pretty good talent there.

Imo this comes down to how Mario and Salave’a feel about him. Is he worth a spot for a quality rotational guy ? Maybe it’s his money year to take the next step like a lot Dt’s do when they’re physically ready ? Or is this guy just a jag that lacks talent ? They should know more than anyone. Regardless we need help there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back