Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Not Cribby, but Cristobal doesn’t appear to be too worried about it.

He should be. Except for two kids, he missed out on every elite target WR now for a full calendar year. Most of which occurred AFTER his offensive philosophy was out in the open.

What he doesn’t understand is that UGA can open it up and hit the gas as needed. It’s not all grind out out all the time.

His offensive philosophy? The philosophy he used to beat OSU on the road and won Pac12 titles with...Oregon?

I'm not sure what other choice he had to stay in games with the injuries and the level of talent last season...

Last edited:
His offensive philosophy? The philosophy he used to beat OSU on the road and won Pac12 titles with...Oregon?

I'm not sure what other choice he had to stay in games with the injuries and the level of talent last season...

What about beating such blue blood programs like

Pitt
Duke
UNC
MTSU
TAMU

Do those not count?

Or are you saying that all of these teams are more talented than Miami?

Advertisement
Not Cribby, but Cristobal doesn’t appear to be too worried about it.

He should be. Except for two kids, he missed out on every elite target WR now for a full calendar year. Most of which occurred AFTER his offensive philosophy was out in the open.

What he doesn’t understand is that UGA can open it up and hit the gas as needed. It’s not all grind out out all the time.
Well yea even Saban said it, you can't expect to win low scoring ball control games anymore because the offense has an advantage with tempo and with downfield blocking rules + RPO.

Even if you want to run a triple TE condensed base offense (yuck) you better have a mean PA attack and the ability to be explosive because Bama and * are not gonna let you play some Les Miles era game and beat them 9-6 and sit on the ball.

Advertisement
What about beating such blue blood programs like

Pitt
Duke
UNC
MTSU
TAMU

Do those not count?

Or are you saying that all of these teams are more talented than Miami?

Depends on the operational definition of "talented"...

In order to beat a team you don't necessarily need to out-talent them; Mario's win against OSU and several App. St. wins can attest to that. You just need enough talent with quality coaching & execution to overcome the gap.

The problem here isn't Mario's "offensive philosophy". The problem is when the players one has on the roster don't fit or believe in the system, and ultimately can't execute at a competitive level.

You're thinking checkers, but this is chess.

Last edited:
So is Gary Bryant our last shot at a WR before the portal closes?

No.

The Portal is not "closing". The deadline is for entry, and there will be another "opening" of the Portal in May. Guys can commit/enroll (thus "leaving" the Portal) anytime they want.

Not to mention the kids who graduate in May/summer and can go anywhere they want without entering the Portal.

Advertisement
Depends on the operational definition of "talented"...

In order to beat a team you don't necessarily need to out-talent them; Mario's win against OSU and several App. St. wins can attest to that. You just need enough talent with quality coaching & execution to overcome the gap.

The problem here isn't Mario's "offensive philosophy"; his record and quality wins at Oregon can attest to that. The problem is when the players one has on the roster don't fit or believe in the system, and ultimately can't execute at a competitive level.

So it’s the excuse that fits best for the week?

*** whooping by MTSU? Kids are bad, don’t fit the scheme.
**** the bed against TAMU late in the game? Scheme and players there, kids didn’t execute.
Deep soothing anal penetration from UNC? Scheme is bad and making good players look like scrubs.

I like it. Although I’m sure it must be tough to remember what excuse you we used the previous week.

The problem here isn't Mario's "offensive philosophy"; his record and quality wins at Oregon can attest to that. The problem is when the players one has on the roster don't fit or believe in the system, and ultimately can't execute at a competitive level.

This depends on what Mario's philosophy actually is, all we really know that is set in stone is that he wants to be physical at the point of attack which is fine.

If he wants to do "plodding" stuff and design an offense that intentionally burns clock just to burn clock (e.g. why were we running down the clock while trailing in the 2nd half against aTm?) then that is bad.

I am fine with wanting WR routes to be more complicated than the Longo style "Just get open" stuff but they need to find an OC WRs want to play for.

Advertisement
The portal opened the 5th of December and i’m pretty sure you have 45 days to enter. That’s the 18th of Jan by my math. Maybe that’s the deadline to enter.

It is the deadline to ENTER. So a guy could enter on the 18th and still enroll at UM by the 25th. In theory.

Then there will be another 15-day entry period in May, plus grad-transfers.

So it’s the excuse that fits best for the week?

*** whooping by MTSU? Kids are bad, don’t fit the scheme.
**** the bed against TAMU late in the game? Scheme and players there, kids didn’t execute.
Deep soothing anal penetration from UNC? Scheme is bad and making good players look like scrubs.

I like it. Although I’m sure it must be tough to remember what excuse you we used the previous week.

Nah, you still don't get it.

Different games lost for the same reasons; some were just a little closer than others.

I'll make it simple for you, Jimmies and Joes make the Xs and Os work.

Advertisement
Back