Transfer Portal watch

What do we think its looking like we are still missing: 2 WR and 1-2 CBs

DT, S, LB and EDGE probably wait until after spring to evaluate if its needed and to get more quality?

Advertisement
What do we think its looking like we are still missing: 2 WR and 1-2 CBs

DT, S, LB and EDGE probably wait until after spring to evaluate if its needed and to get more quality?

2 WR
S
1-2 DT
CB

Those are all absolutely necessary IMO. We need bodies at RB too for Spring too honestly considering Chaney (?), Citizen (?), Parrish are our only scholarship backs that will be here and the first 2 might not be ready. Me personally I’d take a sure upgrade at DE but that doesn’t appear to be in our plans.

You did. I’d given up on him and others since there’s been so many issues with guys entering the last year, wr being the biggest culprit. I no longer allow myself to get too excited. Btw somebody else here said it too, not sure if he wants to take his bow here too lol. Harrell and Bryant both bring speed to the room but Bryant is the much better player Imo.
I pray we land both🙏🏻🙏🏻 . Bryant is the big fish of course but man the potential of Harrell to take the too off the defense with that speed? That's Miami Speed we havent had that in a minute.
Harley or Thomas perhaps? But I think this kid can be much more consistent as long as we have the right OC who uses him properly.

2 WR
S
1-2 DT
CB

Those are all absolutely necessary IMO. We need bodies at RB too for Spring too honestly considering Chaney (?), Citizen (?), Parrish are our only scholarship backs that will be here and the first 2 might not be ready. Me personally I’d take a sure upgrade at DE but that doesn’t appear to be in our plans.
I agree completely on the needs. I would seriously be looking at DE too but I agree so far other than Lucas doesn't seem like the staff has looked at any DE as of yet but looking at our game film our DE leave a lot to be desired unless the 2022 class has stepped up and is ready to go.

De is doubtful unless a sure fire nfl guy pops in
We need two at Dt one with size and a young guy
Singletary at corner
And a starter level safety
Two at receiver
And a nfl running back (doubtful) at this point

Advertisement
De is doubtful unless a sure fire nfl guy pops in
We need two at Dt one with size and a young guy
Singletary at corner
And a starter level safety
Two at receiver
And a nfl running back (doubtful) at this point
We did some damage last year after spring so I expect the same thing this year. There’ll be more quality to come. DT is just one of those tough spOts to find quality.

I agree with 95% of this post. The Gattis issue concerns me though. That seems to me like the easiest decision ever for any HC and here we are..And for WRs to OV and pass on us (Thornton), not even want to OV us (every WR in the portal it seems) or set a visit and cancel (Alford)..that tells me whatever Mario is telling them about this OC situation isnt what they want to hear. That is very concerning. But I digress. Not going to kill Mario. Im not apart of that riot. I absolutely still have faith.
Our program will be built through recruiting. As the talent level rises so will the product on the field.

Last edited:
1 billion percent our main issue and in a landslide was injuries. Mainly along the offensive line and then at rb & a FAR lesser extent wr. Gattis offense was certainly an issue because it wasn't conducive to the kids we had available and in our rooms. BUT it could work IF IT HAD TO. Certainly wouldn't WANT to run that. But you also have to realize how bad the execution was. Whether a play should be called or not doesn't decide if it's a failure. Execution does. We didn't see a glimpse of what he was initially going to run & that all came about due to injuries at rb than injuries at tackle. That's why when everyone said Parrish was gonna be featured while everyone was still healthy they just showed a lack of understanding. It's not a knock on Parrish but he is what he is. He's a grinder, move the chains guy. We were depending on a back that could house you at any moment & pound you in the meantime. When those injuries came about it completely changed everything. Than the injuries at tackle kick in and we can't even establish the run. We were using third string guards at tackle on a regular. Now you throw in x, & I won't even start on the issues on defense & how trying to adapt did us in on that side of the ball. I know I'm running on here but while coaching was certainly a problem & shouldn't be excused it also was nowhere near our biggest issue.

Yup, like a CJ Verdell.

Advertisement
The portal opened the 5th of December and i’m pretty sure you have 45 days to enter. That’s the 18th of Jan by my math. Maybe that’s the deadline to enter.
Correct, Jan 18th is the deadline for underclassmen to enter The portal. Once a player enters, the deadline to actually transfer/select a new school is the add/drop deadline at the new school which in UM's case is Jan 25th. This varies from school to school and some add/drop deadlines were this past Friday.

The spring transfer portal window is May 1-15.

Note: Graduate transfers are not bound by these windows but are bound by the add/drop deadlines.
Note2: All players at a school where the head coach is fired receive a 30-day transfer portal window irrespective of the standard transfer windows.

Advertisement
The portal opened the 5th of December and i’m pretty sure you have 45 days to enter. That’s the 18th of Jan by my math. Maybe that’s the deadline to enter.
Ah we were talking about two different things. Jan 25 is the deadline for a student to enroll/drop/add at UM. I'm not very knowledgeable on the specific rules of transfer portal deadlines.

Advertisement
2 WR
S
1-2 DT
CB

I dont even want our backs going thru our offseason practices, I know some guys love tough practices and stuff (@LuCane speaks to that alot) but I see no point if you basically injure guys for season ending injuries and suck.. Tough and trash is no way to live life.. Never seen a worse cane team in my life.. Multiple backs out for season and they were supposed to be our bellcows.. If Im citizen coming off ACL, aint no way Im practicing this spring **** THAT.. Whats that 5 months off injury

Advertisement
Back