Transfer Portal watch

Recruiting starts at the top. When its a specific coach, the team only recruit well at one position. Bama recruiting is driven by Saban, UGA by Kirby, Miami by Mario. Position coaches can get credit for players they dont deserve.

Thats not to say some position coaches are not beast recruiters. Mirabal, T Rob, Atkins at FSU, Raymond...DVD seem to be stepping on the stage. But to be a good recruiting team at all positions, it starts with the HC. Thats why u know Gattis is an anchor sinking the ship cuz we good everywhere else really.

Advertisement
Advertisement
First off thank u for the kind words with nephew. Far as field goes I had expressed my concerns with him prior to him being hired. However I will say my one cautionary tale when it relates to forming an opinion on him yet is from my experience in s&c (which is only as an athlete I don't know anything beyond that scientifically speaking) The body makes adjustments with time. It's a little early to make an assessment on him specifically due to that fact. However if we start encountering those same injury issues this season as well (specifically in the off season) I would have issues with him moving forward.

U know I wished B would’ve finished his career at The U, but I’m always happy when a young man achieves success elsewhere, especially in the class room.

I feel u on Feld, however I’ll just say this bro:

Sometimes we don’t need science to back what’s proven. While at UO, many players suffered a rash of injuries. Now here at Miami, we’re seeing the same. I wasn’t the biggest Feeley guy, but in one season, we were playing w scraps & bones. Part of UO’s falter in 2021 was those boys couldn’t stay healthy at key positions. The lack of depth caught up to them.

We’ll see come 2023, but right now, I’m hella iffy on him & like u, he wasn’t a guy I wanted here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it just me, or is safety depth the most glaring issue on this team? We have Kamren Kinchens and James Williams starting, and then it's a huge dropoff imo at least when it comes to experience on the field. Markeith Williams, Brian Balom (Withdrew from portal, but might still be leaving), Kaleb Spencer, and maybe Damari Brown or Antione Jackson (listed as a S, but expected to be a CB in college I've heard) are the guys we have behind them. This is a HUGE potential issue in my eyes, and even if they do something similar to what they did with Al Blades last year with someone like Jaden Harris, that CB will have no experience under their belt as a safety. We lost 5 safeties to the portal, and brought in 1 or 2 through recruiting although KS might be a LB when all is said and done, and DB/AJ are going to be playing CB if I'm not mistaken even though AJ was listed as a safety. So, I see it like this, we had 9 guys in the safety room last year, and this year we have 5 or 6 guys, and only our starters have any significant game experience. We really need a 3rd safety (preferably a SS to back up JW) who is battle tested so that we're not ****ed if we (knock on wood) lose our two starters. MW looks promising, but is he ready to start if (knock on wood) KK or JW goes out for the season? Is he ready to take on the 3rd safety spot as a true sophomore as well? He may well be, but that's something we'll find out this year.

Is it just me, or is safety depth the most glaring issue on this team? We have Kamren Kinchens and James Williams starting, and then it's a huge dropoff imo at least when it comes to experience on the field. Markeith Williams, Brian Balom (Withdrew from portal, but might still be leaving), Kaleb Spencer, and maybe Damari Brown or Antione Jackson (listed as a S, but expected to be a CB in college I've heard) are the guys we have behind them. This is a HUGE potential issue in my eyes, and even if they do something similar to what they did with Al Blades last year with someone like Jaden Harris, that CB will have no experience under their belt as a safety. We lost 5 safeties to the portal, and brought in 1 or 2 through recruiting although KS might be a LB when all is said and done, and DB/AJ are going to be playing CB if I'm not mistaken even though AJ was listed as a safety. So, I see it like this, we had 9 guys in the safety room last year, and this year we have 5 or 6 guys, and only our starters have any significant game experience. We really need a 3rd safety (preferably a SS to back up JW) who is battle tested so that we're not ****ed if we (knock on wood) lose our two starters. MW looks promising, but is he ready to start if (knock on wood) KK or JW goes out for the season? Is he ready to take on the 3rd safety spot as a true sophomore as well? He may well be, but that's something we'll find out this year.

Yes, need 1 portal guy bare minimum. One injury there to 24/0 kills us.

Advertisement
and all the Rashada not getting paid noise cant be going unnoticed.
By anyone who knows how nil works it probably is. The latest reports say he's backing out cause they only came up with a percentage of the money. Unless ufag is just bat**** crazy and clueless than that's how nil works. You get paid in increments. Some of it is by semester,some is monthly, some is spread out throughout the year in various increments. BUT NONE OF IT IS UPFRONT... So he would only be getting a percentage now regardless. So this is something else.

By anyone who knows how nil works it probably is. The latest reports say he's backing out cause they only came up with a percentage of the money. Unless ufag is just bat**** crazy and clueless than that's how nil works. You get paid in increments. Some of it is by semester,some is monthly, some is spread out throughout the year in various increments. BUT NONE OF IT IS UPFRONT... So he would only be getting a percentage now regardless. So this is something else.
He's probably only getting a percentage of the percentage 🤣.

Advertisement
Back