Transfer Portal watch

INJURIES INJURIES INJURIES, and Mario's intense approach and physical practices were a culture shock to many players.

Regardless of talent, scheme, etc.. our injury situation wasn't manageable on offense.
1 billion percent our main issue and in a landslide was injuries. Mainly along the offensive line and then at rb & a FAR lesser extent wr. Gattis offense was certainly an issue because it wasn't conducive to the kids we had available and in our rooms. BUT it could work IF IT HAD TO. Certainly wouldn't WANT to run that. But you also have to realize how bad the execution was. Whether a play should be called or not doesn't decide if it's a failure. Execution does. We didn't see a glimpse of what he was initially going to run & that all came about due to injuries at rb than injuries at tackle. That's why when everyone said Parrish was gonna be featured while everyone was still healthy they just showed a lack of understanding. It's not a knock on Parrish but he is what he is. He's a grinder, move the chains guy. We were depending on a back that could house you at any moment & pound you in the meantime. When those injuries came about it completely changed everything. Than the injuries at tackle kick in and we can't even establish the run. We were using third string guards at tackle on a regular. Now you throw in x, & I won't even start on the issues on defense & how trying to adapt did us in on that side of the ball. I know I'm running on here but while coaching was certainly a problem & shouldn't be excused it also was nowhere near our biggest issue.

Advertisement
a grad degree from Berkeley is some serious professional clout -- which program if you don't mind me asking?
I believe it's entrepreneurship but I'm not positive on that. He's been doing a lot of intern work in public services too. Football be damned. The man he's become I am BEYOND amazed and proud of. He's a GREAT kid.

This dude showing up this weekend like...
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

The old jokes and the other side wanting to take depth are both wrong. What should concern people is the reason as to why he has played for so long. This dude is injury prone missed 4 seasons with injuries so this is a waste of a scholarship...

Advertisement
Like a few posters have said..combination of a few things..

Horrible offensive scheme and execution - 50%
Some of our players werent as good as we probably thought - 25%
Lost the team after TAMU which killed the "buy-in" angle - 15%
Injuries - 10%

Gattis might not be the sole reason we went 5-7..but for him to average 15ppg in todays college game when I saw teams like Tenn, USC, etc average that in ONE QUARTER at times is unacceptable.
What u listed as 10% is more along the lines of 75%
Again not excusing gattis lack of creativity but not sure what exactly he could've done to make us even competitive on the sphere you're talking about once injuries kicked in. My main issues with gattis was nowhere near enough motion & a complete lack of adaption.

Like a few posters have said..combination of a few things..

Horrible offensive scheme and execution - 50%
Some of our players werent as good as we probably thought - 25%
Lost the team after TAMU which killed the "buy-in" angle - 15%
Injuries - 10%

Gattis might not be the sole reason we went 5-7..but for him to average 15ppg in todays college game when I saw teams like Tenn, USC, etc average that in ONE QUARTER at times is unacceptable.

Injuries are a much bigger factor. TVD. Zion. Chaney. Citizen. X. And don't even get me started on the fact that we had to play an injured guy (with basically one arm) at center for multiple games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back