Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
The fact that you had to state “outside” in the subject shows you how down bad we truly are…

Gattis being the OC is kryptonite to WR’s. Unless a change is made, expect more of the same and this team to roll with what we currently have.

That, plus Howard is walking right into a starting QB spot at TCU, since Duggan is graduating and the backup QB already announced he's transferring.
Chandler Morris won the job over Duggan at the beginning of the season and he's still there.

Walker is not walking right into the starting QB spot.

Last edited:
Advertisement
While I know Mario cares..and I know he wants to absolutely be the one to bring us back to national prominance...nobody and I mean nobody...can shoot him bail money as to why A) he hasnt fired anyone from that offensive staff esp Gattis by now and B) we cant recruit a portal WR to save our life when we have money to offer and we have immediate playing time...At this very moment, we are staring down the barrel of another 5-6 win season. Mario has ALOT of work to do to even get this roster to even 8 wins. And thats disappointing.

It’s also January 12th, so your point A is very much TBD. What if he does fire Gattis and hires an excellent OC? That changes the grading curve tremendously.

Give it time. Again, we don’t play a game tomorrow. We have time to get WRs. There will be kids continuing to enter the portal. We have until August to improve the roster. We’re not playing Game 1 next year with the staff and roster we have today. He’s done a great job to this point flipping the talent. He’d be the first to tell you that job is nowhere near done. This is a 2-3 year rebuild. So this is not the finished product by any stretch, but you’d think it was if you read this board.

It’s also January 12th, so your point A is very much TBD. What if he does fire Gattis and hires an excellent OC? That changes the grading curve tremendously.

Give it time. Again, we don’t play a game tomorrow. We have time to get WRs. There will be kids continuing to enter the portal. We have until August to improve the roster. We’re not playing Game 1 next year with the staff and roster we have today. He’s done a great job to this point flipping the talent. He’d be the first to tell you that job is nowhere near done. This is a 2-3 year rebuild. So this is not the finished product by any stretch, but you’d think it was if you read this board.
I agree with 95% of this post. The Gattis issue concerns me though. That seems to me like the easiest decision ever for any HC and here we are..And for WRs to OV and pass on us (Thornton), not even want to OV us (every WR in the portal it seems) or set a visit and cancel (Alford)..that tells me whatever Mario is telling them about this OC situation isnt what they want to hear. That is very concerning. But I digress. Not going to kill Mario. Im not apart of that riot. I absolutely still have faith.

Advertisement
Had a great year in 2021 but maybe never clicked with Lincoln, would love to bring this guy in.

I agree with 95% of this post. The Gattis issue concerns me though. That seems to me like the easiest decision ever for any HC and here we are..And for WRs to OV and pass on us (Thornton), not even want to OV us (every WR in the portal it seems) or set a visit and cancel (Alford)..that tells me whatever Mario is telling them about this OC situation isnt what they want to hear. That is very concerning. But I digress. Not going to kill Mario. Im not apart of that riot. I absolutely still have faith.
Just a question. Why do you feel we just had the record we had?

Advertisement
Crazy the book on Gattis was a great recruiter
Well, Great recruiters have great Production and Development in their sales catalog…. Gattis currently has that 2022 Offensive (pun intended) abortion in his catalog! No One in his 2022 offense shined! It’s hard to recruit with those 2022 highlights unless you’re just flat out lying!

Advertisement
Just a question. Why do you feel we just had the record we had?
Question not directed at me but in my mind, it was a combination of terrible talent in key areas along with poor offensive scheme design/play calling. The Gattis approach does work but when the play caller has no feel for the game or scheme then it goes off the rails.

Advertisement
Back