Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
To be fair to Gaby would you want to hang your sack out on a portal wr? I mean we’re a big 0 for the last 20 going back to last Dec 2021. I know I wouldn’t.
Not remotely
Dont Give Up Hang In There GIF by Holly Logan

Advertisement
This is the same sight who kept saying FSU fans crazy just last off-season for thinking they have a better wr room & a better QB than us... Well I'm curious what has changed in either room outside of a season worth of results(or lack there of) we lost several players that honestly don't really matter & we gained two players that are lightning in a bottle. My real exception to what you said however is when you said colbie can be a good 3rd down or red zone option BUT we need a big bodied wr who can seperate and make contested catches... You literally DESCRIBED WHAT COLBIE IS... I don't speak for anyone else & I can't think of who's still on semenholes but I'll take COLBIE over anyone in either teams room. That kid can be SPECIAL
THIS!!! Bruh.... some people, man.... I don't know... are they watching this kid? Colbie is a baller. Could we use ANOTHER Big WR? Yea sure... BuT Colbie is pretty good all over the field.

Advertisement
FSU could add Drake Maye and y’all would act like they got worse. They are much better at DE than us, and just added another piece to the position. They smoked us at home a few months ago, and have repeatedly done better in the portal than Mario has. Their DL is going to somehow be better than last year.

This is coming from a guy who took a band bet that Miami would beat them just a year and a half ago.

I take no freaking pleasure in pointing out the obvious, but you all keep on strawmanning til the next beat down and excuse it away with some cluck-cluck “but they ain’t beatin Georgia” fart.
You're right but guess what our OL will be light years better than it was last year. Guess what that great FSU DL you just pumped up had only 3 sacks against us last year playing against one of UM's worst OL ever.

Our DL had 3 sacks that game also.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Understandable he didn't want to come back. He dominated at the Army Game and had all the tools outside of speed (but was by no means slow) we just buried the kid. Like we did so many others.

I still firmly believe he was the best WR we've signed outside of AR82 since the Richt era.

Somewhere I posted he’d end of the u making the league. He goes off at Cal this year and he lost likely will get his shot.
He runs a 4.46 and he's been getting told 4-5 round on average. Myself I wouldn't be comfortable with that projection as things go wrong often connections be damned. But with another good season he'll go third - fourth round pretty easy. **** good season and he can move on cause his measurable will surprise you.

They ran the ball 538 times opposed to throwing the ball 389 times on the season. Out of those 389 times 82 of them were more often than not bubble screens or tosses which are essentially runs. Put that into the equation and factor in he had two touchdowns taken away from him that were bad initial calls on the field & couldn't be overturned, he had a **** good season not just a solid one. Now he's at a passing offense. Let's see how that works. It was a good enough season that we called plenty & offered him 750k to come back for one season...

Ok, it's definitely a new era and money is flowing, but 750K is 4th or 5th round NFL money. That's insane, if true. Presumably someone like Grant DuBose (UNC Charlotte) would get that or more. May not get that in NFL. So, why wouldn't he graduate in the spring and sign up for 750K?

J. Michael Sturdivant just left Cal for the portal - great size, track speed and put up numbers as RS freshman. If 750K is being offered, then what's his price tag?

THIS!!! Bruh.... some people, man.... I don't know... are they watching this kid? Colbie is a baller. Could we use ANOTHER Big WR? Yea sure... BuT Colbie is pretty good all over the field.
Sometimes you gotta look at the source. Fans are fans. Nothing wrong with that but applying knowledge and logic doesn't go far on here.

Advertisement
Ok, it's definitely a new era and money is flowing, but 750K is 4th or 5th round NFL money. That's insane, if true. Presumably someone like Grant DuBose (UNC Charlotte) would get that or more. May not get that in NFL. So, why wouldn't he graduate in the spring and sign up for 750K?

J. Michael Sturdivant just left Cal for the portal - great size, track speed and put up numbers as RS freshman. If 750K is being offered, then what's his price tag?
I'm not gonna speak on another kids situation. But I'll say he's getting enough attention yet may go back to cal. I was actually really surprised when I learned all of cals resources. Pretty impressive actually. More amusing, confirmed production houses/studios are backing SC & UCLA... This is an interesting climate in college sports these days. Wish to God I would've played in this environment. Sad none of these kids know who the O'Bannon brothers are yet they basically owe them for the opportunities they are now getting.

He runs a 4.46 and he's been getting told 4-5 round on average. Myself I wouldn't be comfortable with that projection as things go wrong often connections be damned. But with another good season he'll go third - fourth round pretty easy. **** good season and he can move on cause his measurable will surprise you.
Laser or hand? Kid was by no means slow but I assumed he was more a 4.56 type but maybe it's just because he moves smoothly rather than quickly.

With his body control and hands I have no doubt he can make the league with a good season. I wish him all the best

Cal got a new OC? Offense was abysmal last season.

Advertisement
Back