Transfer Portal watch

Not sure if this name has been tossed around . . . Cal WR J. Michael Sturdivant. Good-sized wideout (6-3, 205), frosh All-American 755 receiving yards and 7 TDs. Redshirt freshman this past season. HS track in Texas (10.49 100; 20.99 200). Again, not sure if there's interest or if already poached.

Not happening

Advertisement
Gary Bryant Jr. Update per Gaby:

-Noted last night that Miami was making a move for USC wideout Gary Bryant. He would have three years of eligibility. I think some of those conversations have progressed here over the last 24 hours. Not saying Miami is getting him right now but do believe there has been some positive momentum. I’m not sure who else is involved.

“Not saying Miami is getting him right now”…bro do you think any fan would assume we’re getting him? It’s a WR 😂

-Noted last night that Miami was making a move for USC wideout Gary Bryant. He would have three years of eligibility. I think some of those conversations have progressed here over the last 24 hours. Not saying Miami is getting him right now but do believe there has been some positive momentum. I’m not sure who else is involved.

“Not saying Miami is getting him right now”…bro do you think any fan would assume we’re getting him? It’s a WR 😂
Might be somewhat realistic, as idk if anyone else wants him that bad. Maybe if Ruiz ponies up 500K he’ll choose us over UTEP.

here we go again GIF

Advertisement

Black Widow Avengers GIF

****, low key Oregon is improving both in HS and Portal recruiting. Guess they will be all the sports media’s darling pick for the ‘23 season.
And they wouldn’t be anywhere if they didn’t inherit Mario’s team.
If Mario stays at Oregon the class he was gonna get in 22 was insane.
Bo Nix and that staff should send Mario a check.
That oline was all him and Mirabal.

Advertisement
Would Gary Bryant be a good pick up? Not get my hopes up but just wondering
Had a decent season last year. Lost playing time with the addition of Mario Williams and Jordan Addison. Decided to redshirt after 2 or 3 games in. They were hoping he’d go thru spring before deciding but he’s in there now. He’s definitely got some speed but it wouldn’t be a crazy addition.

Would Gary Bryant be a good pick up? Not get my hopes up but just wondering
This article seems to tell the story

Summary:
Trojans head coach Lincoln Riley told reporters Bryant is expected to redshirt for the remainder of the 2022 campaign. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport noted he "was a potential top prospect for this year's NFL Draft" and will "strongly consider transferring and will be highly sought after if/when he does.

While he wasn't much of a contributor as a freshman, he turned the corner as a sophomore with 44 catches for 579 yards and seven touchdowns along with one rushing touchdown. He was third on the team in receiving yards and tied Drake London with the most touchdown catches.

Yet he had just two catches for 15 yards in USC's first three games even though the offense had no trouble scoring points in three blowout wins. He was behind Pittsburgh transfer Jordan Addison and Oklahoma transfer Mario Williams in the wide receiver pecking order and now may look elsewhere to continue his collegiate career.

Looks like a solid receiver with production that just got recruited over by Lincoln

Advertisement
Advertisement

I don’t know much about him but he’s 5’11.

Is he a slot receiver or does he play on the outside?

Not comparing, but Devonte Smith is 6 ft and plays on the outside.

Does this dude play on the outside?

Advertisement
Back