Transfer Portal watch

This isn’t exactly Miami specific but during my college days I had a number of friends that transferred, some went CC to university and some university to university. This topic actually came up multiple times where they ended up not transferring to their #1 school because they were going to have to leave a certain amount of credits on the table. My recollection was that it had everything to do with class equivalents in that major. I don’t think this is a Miami exclusive problem. I’d imagine other schools have this issue but we don’t hear about it or they have departments more likely to work with athletics and push things through. I’m sure others would have more knowledge about this but Gang’s post did somewhat jog my memory.
In a Miami specific case I had to take a class in my major all over again because Miami taught it as a 3rd year course and my credits were second year.

Advertisement
In a Miami specific case I had to take a class in my major all over again because Miami taught it as a 3rd year course and my credits were second year.
Obviously, there are extenuating circumstances for both transfers and HS recruits that many fans don’t consider and they go ape **** when coaches “miss” on a recruit.

Advertisement
This isn’t exactly Miami specific but during my college days I had a number of friends that transferred, some went CC to university and some university to university. This topic actually came up multiple times where they ended up not transferring to their #1 school because they were going to have to leave a certain amount of credits on the table. My recollection was that it had everything to do with class equivalents in that major. I don’t think this is a Miami exclusive problem. I’d imagine other schools have this issue but we don’t hear about it or they have departments more likely to work with athletics and push things through. I’m sure others would have more knowledge about this but Gang’s post did somewhat jog my memory.

This right here is 100 correct. To the ucla example earlier they’re a much larger school and yes better rated but they also offer every major under the sun ie more equivalent classes and as a state school make it easier to transfer in.

If its transcript issues amend the policies. Why are we still acting like this has anything to do with education. It's about money money money and oh yea money.
if it really is an issue with credits transferring, it not a policy issue. They would need to change the curriculum for the major they are trying to transfer into. That would mean every student in that major would be affected.

I agree it’s a money issue. We made HS recruiting the priority for NIL deals.

I don't think Miami is in the position to be picky regarding WRs.

We wanted Coleman (last year) and Thrash, we recruited Foles, Calloway (Top 150 out of HS) if not for some behavioral issues could have played this year at Tennessee and Jadon Thompson is a good player too. At least Brohm is trying.

That's all I need to know.
Only one I would have been happy with was the Georgia State kid. I’ll take RayRay over Coleman. It’s throwing bodies and hoping one or two work out. Which might not be a bad idea for us lol.

Advertisement
15-0 with no WRs.

Beyonce Hide GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back