Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Gaby Transfer update:

- I know Kamren Kinchens spent a lot of time with Iowa cornerback Terry Roberts. I spoke with Kinchens some about the veteran defensive back and he said the two talked a lot of ball on Friday night. They didn't go out or do anything crazy. They just kicked back and had some good conversations about the program. I also got on a call with Roberts and I think Miami is in a really good spot here. He told me a decision could be coming soon but he had to have some conversations with his dad. UCLA, Michigan State, and Alabama are a few he said he was really considering but it doesn't sound like he will take another trip.

- I said yesterday that the Justin Rogers visit was rescheduled, not cancelled. I confirmed with Roberts that he does intend to down to Miami. I don't know when that happens right now but he did tell me that they were just rescheduling and he couldn't make it in this weekend for whatever reason.

- I also think Miami is in a really good spot with Matt Lee this weekend. Still some time left on that visit but it sounds like things went well on Friday night. Miami is very high on the UCF center.

- I can also confirm that Darrell Jackson was/is exploring returning to Miami. I don't know exactly what that looks like at this point but that is a real thing. I don't know where everything is at in that regard but I do know that it's something on the table as of my last update on the situation which came at some point on Friday night.

- A wide receiver option I know Miami is exploring is Georgia State's Jamari Thrash. He caught 61 passes for 1122 yards with seven scores last fall. Miami has already added a Georgia State transfer in defensive lineman Thomas Gore.

- One name I would keep an eye on for Miami - South Carolina EDGE Jordan Burch.ā€

Gaby Transfer update:

- I know Kamren Kinchens spent a lot of time with Iowa cornerback Terry Roberts. I spoke with Kinchens some about the veteran defensive back and he said the two talked a lot of ball on Friday night. They didn't go out or do anything crazy. They just kicked back and had some good conversations about the program. I also got on a call with Roberts and I think Miami is in a really good spot here. He told me a decision could be coming soon but he had to have some conversations with his dad. UCLA, Michigan State, and Alabama are a few he said he was really considering but it doesn't sound like he will take another trip.

- I said yesterday that the Justin Rogers visit was rescheduled, not cancelled. I confirmed with Roberts that he does intend to down to Miami. I don't know when that happens right now but he did tell me that they were just rescheduling and he couldn't make it in this weekend for whatever reason.

- I also think Miami is in a really good spot with Matt Lee this weekend. Still some time left on that visit but it sounds like things went well on Friday night. Miami is very high on the UCF center.

- I can also confirm that Darrell Jackson was/is exploring returning to Miami. I don't know exactly what that looks like at this point but that is a real thing. I don't know where everything is at in that regard but I do know that it's something on the table as of my last update on the situation which came at some point on Friday night.

- A wide receiver option I know Miami is exploring is Georgia State's Jamari Thrash. He caught 61 passes for 1122 yards with seven scores last fall. Miami has already added a Georgia State transfer in defensive lineman Thomas Gore.

- One name I would keep an eye on for Miami - South Carolina EDGE Jordan Burch.ā€
Thank you for the update. The Darrell Jackson segment is peak Gaby LMAO.

Thrash is visiting Louisville right now FYI

Gaby Transfer update:

Seems pretty positive news on the defensive side. Wish he would have commented on the 2 DT that visited Branson Deen and Isaih Nichols.

Also im not even holding out any hope on WR's lol.

Gaby Transfer update:

Can you imagine if we land Lee our OL will be

LT Okunlola/Zion
LG Javion Cohen
C Matt Lee
RG Jalen Rivers
RT Francis Mauigoa

If the freshman are who we think they are then this is our best OL since that 2013 OL. Itā€™s a top 15 type OL.

Advertisement

LT Okunlola/Zion
LG Javion Cohen
C Matt Lee
RG Jalen Rivers
RT Francis Mauigoa

If the freshman are who we think they are then this is our best OL since that 2013 OL. Itā€™s a top 15 type OL.
All NFL draft picks too which would be insane to think about

LT Okunlola/Zion
LG Javion Cohen
C Matt Lee
RG Jalen Rivers
RT Francis Mauigoa

That is not a top 15 OL going into 23, no way no how. That snapshot could be an all time great OL down the road, sure , but not going into 23.

That is not a top 15 OL going into 23, no way no how. That snapshot could be an all time great OL down the road, sure , but not going into 23.
Why not? You only need 1 of the Freshman OTs to be ready. A healthy senior Zion Nelson is still a very good LT. You would essentially have 4 Good to great starters on the OL with Rivers,Cohen,Lee and Zion. Then you have the #1 and #2 OTs coming in as early enrolles.

Advertisement

LT Okunlola/Zion
LG Javion Cohen
C Matt Lee
RG Jalen Rivers
RT Francis Mauigoa

I think itā€™s

Zion
Cohen
Lee
Cooper
Rivers

With Francis swing tackle and in on jumbo.

Samson has a high ceiling but if he plays next year we are screwed. He was playing middle schoolers in Mass. There will be an adjustment.

I think itā€™s

Zion
Cohen
Lee
Cooper
Rivers

With Francis swing tackle and in on jumbo.

Samson has a high ceiling but if he plays next year we are screwed. He was playing middle schoolers in Mass. it will be an adjustment.
I would be shocked if at least one of the freshman OTs donā€™t start considering both are Early Enrolles

Why not? You only need 1 of the Freshman OTs to be ready. A healthy senior Zion Nelson is still a very good LT. You would essentially have 4 Good to great starters on the OL with Rivers,Cohen,Lee and Zion. Then you have the #1 and #2 OTs coming in as early enrolles.
Why do you do this to yourself? This is like last winter/spring when I challenged people saying our RB room while healthy was not a top 10. We are overating the talent there and how ready they are. As stated, that is a ton of talent that down the road could be an all time great Miami line, say 24 or 25. In regards to 23 that is a sold OL that should keep our QB upright and running lanes open for us to compete for the Coastal. Thatā€™s it though, and I will add that would be a huge improvement. This top 15 talk at this time is nonsensical

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back