Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
I will gladly take him even tho its a 1 year rental since he is a graduate student.
For sure. 1 year rentals are a must for great CFB teams. Some teams rely on portal long-term (FSU) which is hard to build chemistry but teams like Bama cherry pick & replace kids that declare or transfer.

Advertisement
qwe
They should fire that coach. They actually have some dudes on that team. most of them are transferring now.
we put their players on the map. they owe us at least one of our choosing for $1.5M and a certified azzwhoopin.

I've addressed this, it is easy to crush your points.

I have never EVER seen anything saying that Porter was "supposed to come in and take the spot opposite of Rique". If you can find definitive predictions of that sort, fine. I'm not saying you are intentionally lying or that some crazy person never said that, I'm just saying I never saw it, I never believed it, and I really don't think that exists. There was even some belief that Porter would help us to sign his higher-rated brother. But the reality that is that we were taking a shot with Porter because he had 3 or 4 years to play, NOT because he was a Day 1 starter. You would have had to take an upperclassman or a grad transfer for THAT to be the case.

Caleb. He may not be your idea of a star, and that's fine. Frankly, I don't give a **** about "starts". The fact is, Flagg had 56 total tackles (solo plus assist) for #3 on the team and Johnson had 48 total tackles for #4 on the team. Sadly, our #1 and #2 tacklers were safeties, which tells the story of our crappy team this year. "Not being able to supplant" someone does not make them a non-factor. Failing to play and contribute and not having any stats is what makes someone a non-factor. Whether you choose to believe it or not, Johnson WAS a factor. Could have been a bigger factor. But he was our #4 tackler. That's a fact, regardless of whether you are disappointed that he didn't do more.

As for Ladson, I've already posted that the number of passes and the number of completions was down this year. Obviously, this will result in fewer receptions. Again, he was the #3 WR by receptions and yardage, and the stats for WR1, WR2, and WR3 are nearly identical. It's not Ladson's fault that our OL nearly got our top 3 QBs killed, and they were throwing to TEs and RBs more than anyone wanted. You can do your bull**** "I just think he was meh" nonsense, but the stats are there. The most important trend of all is that Ladson had great numbers with TVD (6 catches vs. MTSU, 8 catches vs. UNC, 5 catches vs. VaTech) and HORRIBLE numbers once Jake and Jacurri came in and started running the ball more.

I'm not going to address Agude. Like the others, you know he was a good player on a bad team, though he could have been better.

What is relevant to address is your bull**** myth about how our WRs "couldn't get separation". That's not really what happened. There were receivers running open quite frequently this year. Sometimes they ran the wrong routes. And other times the QB couldn't find them due to the pressure. But to act as if they "couldn't get separation" is not the correct analysis for our true issues in the passing game.

Not to mention the obvious aspect...even if we had gotten Addison...with our terrible OL and all of our injuries, he wouldn't have caught many more passes. Plenty of people are questioning what Addison accomplished by going to USC. His 2022 numbers were just over HALF of what he put up in 2021. So let's not act like he would have added 4 more wins to the Miami total last year. USC had three more completions per game than Miami did, which is 36 more receptions over a 12 game season. Jordan Addison may have had Frank Ladson-like numbers if he had transferred to Miami, not because he's not a better player (he is) but because Miami's offense was horrible and injured last year.

As for your fake stats on "flipping the roster", I've already proven it. By summer, we'll have 20 players MAX on the roster who were pre-Mario as we go into Mario's second season. 65 or more new players that Mario brought in. That's a flip, no matter how you try to delay it to 2024. 76% turnover is a roster flip, you don't need to get to 100%.
If you think you crushed my points you are completely detached from reality. I do see how now we are trying to run on semantics, if you cant beat out Flagg, you are a non factor, stop it. Thats been your entire go to in this back and forth, this continued lowering of expectations.

Im done with your missives on this issue as Ive said my part and we obviously will agree to disagree, but one part that is new and completely comical is you calling my statement that the WRs couldn't get separation a myth. GTFOOH!!!! Our WRs absolutely had issues getting separation, and it was discussed ad nauseum all over this board. Sure, you can point to instances where they were open but overall it was a major major issue. You really just love to argue just to argue.

Advertisement
If you think you crushed my points you are completely detached from reality. I do see how now we are trying to run on semantics, if you cant beat out Flagg, you are a non factor, stop it. Thats been your entire go to in this back and forth, this continued lowering of expectations.

Im done with your missives on this issue as Ive said my part and we obviously will agree to disagree, but one part that is new and completely comical is you calling my statement that the WRs couldn't get separation a myth. GTFOOH!!!! Our WRs absolutely had issues getting separation, and it was discussed ad nauseum all over this board. Sure, you can point to instances where they were open but overall it was a major major issue. You really just love to argue just to argue.
What's more troubling is people actually agreed with that lunacy.

Advertisement
USC might have Jerry Rice’s kid and Marvin Harrison’s kid at the same time? Wild.

Hollywood-Sign.jpg

Advertisement
I dont think its worth much but on3 has us getting Branson Deen and gives us a 43% chance for Rogers.

Seems to me tho on3 does their percentages based on if the player has taken an official visit or posted on their social media. Had us in the running for davon sears until he announced top 3 didn't include us.

Take on3 with a grain of salt.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.56.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.56.40 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
Advertisement
Back