Transfer Portal watch

Let me point out something: Flipping the roster to some means filling it with more talented players and creating a winning team, not just ******* having new names on the depth chart…

Carry on…

Name any of the 65 players who have left Miami who are better than the 65 new guys we have enrollled or will enroll from last year and this year.

Besides Tyrique.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Inter-conference transfers feel like incest.

Not saying it is "likely", but I'd like to see some mild form of dissuasion. Maybe if all the conferences said "if you transfer in-conference, you can't play in the first 3 or 4 games".

I'm sure there will be naysayers, but it would be worth a discussion at least.

Advertisement
Not saying it is "likely", but I'd like to see some mild form of dissuasion. Maybe if all the conferences said "if you transfer in-conference, you can't play in the first 3 or 4 games".

I'm sure there will be naysayers, but it would be worth a discussion at least.
Not trying to nitpick, but wouldn't that just mean sitting them out of non-conference games as punishment for transferring in-conference?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone have a gut feeling about this guy?

2F50EEB7-92E9-4311-B8A8-B692F57D29C0.gif

I will take note of the paragraphs and try to use them more often, onto your second point, Im sorry you cant put up with reality. Lets take a step back to the summer of this year where Miami was expected to be a 8-9 win team with a ceiling of 10 and a floor of 7. We were supposed to compete for the Coastal but instead got blown out by Midd Tenn State.

Yes the 8 were non-factors. You touched upon the first 4 and Porter, but lets talk about Porter. Porter or whatever CB we were going to get in the portal was supposed to come in and take the spot opposite of Rique. Hard Stop, that was what he was brought in to do, he didn't do it, and ended up starting just one game. He absolutely was a non factor. You can scream from the mountains that he started getting more playing time in the second half but you are outright misrepresenting what he was being brought in to do.

This then brings us Caleb, like Porter he was brought in to walk in and take the starting job. Instead It was Flagg who started 9 games for us. Try as Flagg might and he is a good kid that can diagnose plays, he just isnt it athletically. Caleb not being able to supplant him made him a non factor.

Then there is Ladson. I strongly believe 27 catches for 298yds and 1YD in 12 games is being a non factor in a WR room that desperately needed help. You seem to think otherwise, okay...

The last guy is Agude, and out of all of them, if I was 10 drinks in and puddled out on acid, I might, just might see some reasoning to your argument but sober, he was meh at best.

Yes, if we add 3 difference makers to our defense, and a WR1 to our offense our team is drastically improved. Part of our problem on offense was our guys could not separate outside of X, you add an Addison or a difference maker, best believe the offense now looks way different.

Now lastly, since we are still on the flipping the roster. It is not a FACT that the roster has been flipped. The roster will not be flipped at earliest summer of this year but most likely when we enter the 2024 season. So far we have flipped about 50% of the roster give or take arguing over some spots.
200.gif

Advertisement
Back