Transfer Portal watch

We need 10 minimum. We have 4 currently.

It's January 3. Last year, at this same time, we had ONE. Out of the ELEVEN we would enroll.

Oh, and our 11-person transfer class was the 12th-highest rated in the country. Our current 4-person transfer class is the 18th-highest rated at this time.

You keep bleating out these dire warnings that we are missing on everyone. Maybe there are some guys you wanted that didn't choose UM, but stop acting as if everything is this unmitigated disaster. It's not.

I'd love to be #1 in everything all the time, but we are not (yet) Alabama-like.
Oh and of the 11 how many were ****** duds? 3 max were solid players. So if you're banking on a 25% hit rate good luck expecting more than 6 wins this season. I'd hate for that high horse of yours to stub a toe. You can't for the life of you understand how time works and it's a sad to witness. Dementia is a very real thing sir.

Advertisement
Very surprising atleast to an outsider. Isn’t he top 2 on their depth chart ?
Yes was him and Benson. They do still have Toafili as well and I'm sure Caziah Holmes will move up their depth chart now. He was their scout team MVP after leaving Penn State

Advertisement

Got into some trouble (after leaving Lincoln) but definitely worth looking at...

I would hope insiders wouldn’t publicly acknowledge back channeling because if any team will be punished for it, it’s miami
Not looking for anyone to explicitly acknowledge back channeling. That is unnecessary and dumb. But, an 👀 emoji from Cribby or a note from D$ saying keep an eye on this particular player’s recruitment tells me all I need to know.

Advertisement

If You Say So Wow GIF by Barstool Sports

Oh and of the 11 how many were ****** duds? 3 max were solid players. So if you're banking on a 25% hit rate good luck expecting more than 6 wins this season. I'd hate for that high horse of yours to stub a toe. You can't for the life of you understand how time works and it's a sad to witness. Dementia is a very real thing sir.

OK, so you are going to discount last year's class, while assuming that everyone coming out of the Portal THIS YEAR will perform up to their rankings. Whatever.

The bottom line is that F$U could have misfires in the Portal this year too. Nobody knows yet.

Last year's F$U Portal class had TWO guys who were injured the entire season, and one who got knocked out for the year during the first game. And we also had two linemen who didn't play much last year due to injuries/recoveries.

The other 9 were:
- Darrell Jackson
- Caleb Johnson
- Akheem Mesidor
- Mitchell Agude
- Daryl Porter
- Antonio Moultrie
- Henry Parrish
- Frank Ladson
- Jacob Lichtenstein

---We took one RB in the Portal, Henry Parrish. He was our leading rusher.

---We took one WR in the Portal, Frank Ladson. He was our #3 WR by receptions and by yardage (and #4 overall when you factor in Will Mallory).

The only other offensive-side players we took were the two linemen who didn't play much last year. The other seven guys were defensive-side players.

---Caleb Johnson was our #4 tackler. He was #8 in Tackles-For-Loss. He was #10 in sacks.

---Mitchell Agude was our #5 tackler. He was #5 in Tackles-For-Loss. He was #4 in sacks.

---Akheem Mesidor was our #6 tackler. He was #1 in Tackles-For-Loss (tied with 2 others). He was #1 in sacks. He was #2 in QB Hurries.

---Darrell Jackson was our #12 tackler. He was #7 in Tackles-For-Loss. He was #5 in sacks.

I COUNT SIX SOLID PLAYERS (OF 11). NOT "3 MAX" BY YOUR MISCOUNT.

We've got two OLs who should be better next year when they are fully recovered from injury.

Porter began to come on as a cornerback in the second half of the season.

Moultrie (leaving for the NFL draft) and Lichtenstein (1 more year) may never be much more than rotational players.

Advertisement
OK, so you are going to discount last year's class, while assuming that everyone coming out of the Portal THIS YEAR will perform up to their rankings. Whatever.

The bottom line is that F$U could have misfires in the Portal this year too. Nobody knows yet.

Last year's F$U Portal class had TWO guys who were injured the entire season, and one who got knocked out for the year during the first game. And we also had two linemen who didn't play much last year due to injuries/recoveries.

The other 9 were:
- Darrell Jackson
- Caleb Johnson
- Akheem Mesidor
- Mitchell Agude
- Daryl Porter
- Antonio Moultrie
- Henry Parrish
- Frank Ladson
- Jacob Lichtenstein

---We took one RB in the Portal, Henry Parrish. He was our leading rusher.

---We took one WR in the Portal, Frank Ladson. He was our #3 WR by receptions and by yardage (and #4 overall when you factor in Will Mallory).

The only other offensive-side players we took were the two linemen who didn't play much last year. The other seven guys were defensive-side players.

---Caleb Johnson was our #4 tackler. He was #8 in Tackles-For-Loss. He was #10 in sacks.

---Mitchell Agude was our #5 tackler. He was #5 in Tackles-For-Loss. He was #4 in sacks.

---Akheem Mesidor was our #6 tackler. He was #1 in Tackles-For-Loss (tied with 2 others). He was #1 in sacks. He was #2 in QB Hurries.

---Darrell Jackson was our #12 tackler. He was #7 in Tackles-For-Loss. He was #5 in sacks.

I COUNT SIX SOLID PLAYERS (OF 11). NOT "3 MAX" BY YOUR MISCOUNT.

We've got two OLs who should be better next year when they are fully recovered from injury.

Porter began to come on as a cornerback in the second half of the season.

Moultrie and Lichtenstein may never be much more than rotational players.
Ok so you are just looking for warm bodies. Parrish, Mesidor and Jackson were good Portal additions last year. An argument can be made that Agunde played well in spurts. Anything more than that is reaching. Johnson was terrible and Ladson being WR#4 is about as useful as a TOC post. 6-6 here we come.

This guy just hit the portal. 500 Yards 4TDs at Oklahoma State last year and has multiple years of eligibility, he's a definite take.

WR John Paul Richardson

Advertisement
Ok so you are just looking for warm bodies. Parrish, Mesidor and Jackson were good Portal additions last year. An argument can be made that Agunde played well in spurts. Anything more than that is reaching. Johnson was terrible and Ladson being WR#4 is about as useful as a TOC post. 6-6 here we come.

Caleb Johnson was our #4 tackler, and Frank Ladson was WR#3.

I wouldn't expect you to read the stats or understand the stats, but it would be nice if you don't misstate them 5 minutes after I post them.

Just more of your typical nonsense. I provide stats, you just say a kid was "terrible". And you wonder why people think your porsts are so bad.

Caleb Johnson was our #4 tackler, and Frank Ladson was WR#3.

I wouldn't expect you to read the stats or understand the stats, but it would be nice if you don't misstate them 5 minutes after I post them.
It takes a true clown to make an assessment off of stats. Averaging 25 yards and 2 catches a game is not worth mentioning. I could find a 1 legged troll doll that could be just as effective. Dee Wiggins and Mark Pope and rolling over in their grave. Caleb Johnson made Steed look like an All American. Time to up the dosage.

Johnson was pretty much worthless, and didn’t surprise me as I stated from the second that we were interested that it’d be a blah take.

Ladson was an average player at best in a poor offense. Could he have been more with a competent OC? Probably, but we will never know. He at least made a play or 2 last year. Johnson couldn’t really separate himself from Flagg and Steed (before injury). He did nothing for us.

Advertisement
Back