Transfer Portal watch

Advertisement
Advertisement
Agreed.
You often hear rationalizing interest of certain players as merely "depth pieces (lawd, I hate that term)", but as if often the case, those so-called depth pieces often become starters when injuries happen, so they better be good.
Yup. There is no number of starting caliber players you can bring via the portal. When we’re taking transfers that are expect to come be “Depth” here it’s just not a good look. Eventually these guys will have to play and if they come in and struggle then what’s the point of taken them to begin with?

Advertisement
Lmaoooo feels like 80% of the transfers have been to SEC schools smh. I’m sure that’s an exaggeration but

Makes sense.
If you're going to jump from a good situation at current school, you may as well jump to the a school in the best conference.....also, the big-time schools have dozens of scouts in their offices scouting talent at the smaller schools and probably contacting them via backchannels if they are interested....

They seem to be looking for depth. Not starters. They must like JHH a lot still.

Or there's nobody better out there. This is why some of us were freaking out we lost 3 DTs to the portal. That's the hardest position to replace and we have yet added a 300 plus DT so far

Or there's nobody better out there. This is why some of us were freaking out we lost 3 DTs to the portal. That's the hardest position to replace and we have yet added a 300 plus DT so far
There is. I check almost every day for new names to update the threads. That’s why I’m pretty sure they’re looking for specific roles.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back